The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The club could start the process for next seasons season tickets in January. Early bird offer of £300 that you can pay off until the end of June. Maybe even do a bundle. £330 for a season ticket and the new home top. 

Doesn't address the gap between the club and the support, asked to spend more money year on year, no team news, little engagement and a growing contempt. Hashtags are largely meaningless but ours is an absolute sham. parcel up any old shite and stick #weareunited on it like the shitest destiny's child song ever. 

Single ladies single ladies put a ring on it GIF on GIFER - by Batius

It's pretty simple, if we sell 1500 season tickets, it allowed us to sign x

If the AUPlayer fund can get 200 people paying £20 a month, it helped us to sign x

This is how your extra money helps the club. 

I’d love to know what the bar takings at Cameron’s have been over the last year. I’d say most of my mates don’t have season tickets but probably have a couple of pints (at least) before a game and a couple (at least) after a game. That adds up to more than the price of a season ticket if it’s happening 15 games per season. 

59 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I’d love to know what the bar takings at Cameron’s have been over the last year. I’d say most of my mates don’t have season tickets but probably have a couple of pints (at least) before a game and a couple (at least) after a game. That adds up to more than the price of a season ticket if it’s happening 15 games per season. 

I think the profit from Cameron’s goes to Dave smith- might be wrong with that. Think it was till the hub had paid for itself 

There has been a lot of work done at the stadium other than the hub. The new car park, the pitch, the exterior of the main stand looks like it has been replaced. The work on the board room etc. 

I am sure Smith has picked up all or most of this cost but the club will presumably have paid some. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

think the profit from Cameron’s goes to Dave smith-

My understanding from one of the meetings was that the profit from the Hub goes directly into the club accounts and not to David Smith , I am sure he said the hub was one of the new income revenues to make the club more self sustainable in the future  

10 hours ago, Iain said:

The Bullen postgame interview isn't too bad. If you were optimistically minded you might feel they know what needs done and you might trust them to do it.

Yes but they have had plenty time to address it dipo excluded 

People can slag of the owner , that's up to them whether people like it or not . He has spend a lot of his own money money which he doesn't have to do , yes it a long term rhing doe the club to be able to stsnd on its own withouhtbhim doing having to put as much in . As per people coming in the gate thats up to the individual  . There's to many people in the fan base just happynto trundle along and not see much progress on the park [ oh but look where we were last season ] yes good season in one of the worst championships for a while. This is going to be a very big season in ayrs progress . End of the day we all want a winning club . Personal take on the #weareunited thing is if we were itnwould be an open ballot as there will be people that pay at the gate most weeks and put as much .omey into the club as a season ticket . This post won't make sense to most but it does to me ha ha 

Just now, United1973 said:

People can slag of the owner , that's up to them whether people like it or not . He has spend a lot of his own money money which he doesn't have to do , yes it a long term rhing doe the club to be able to stsnd on its own withouhtbhim doing having to put as much in . As per people coming in the gate thats up to the individual  . There's to many people in the fan base just happynto trundle along and not see much progress on the park [ oh but look where we were last season ] yes good season in one of the worst championships for a while. This is going to be a very big season in ayrs progress . End of the day we all want a winning club . Personal take on the #weareunited thing is if we were itnwould be an open ballot as there will be people that pay at the gate most weeks and put as much .omey into the club as a season ticket . This post won't make sense to most but it does to me ha ha 

Few spelling mistakes in there can't be bothered editing it lol

33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

My understanding from one of the meetings was that the profit from the Hub goes directly into the club accounts and not to David Smith , I am sure he said the hub was one of the new income revenues to make the club more self sustainable in the future  

Maybe misunderstood what was said previously, that’s good if it’s going back into the club although I wasn’t judging him if he was taking profits from the bar. Just on the basis that he built that and is building the stand all coming out his own pocket 

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Maybe misunderstood what was said previously, that’s good if it’s going back into the club although I wasn’t judging him if he was taking profits from the bar. Just on the basis that he built that and is building the stand all coming out his own pocket 

My recollection is that Smith owns the hub but all the income goes to the club.

The North Stand will be slightly different in that Smith will pay for it, the club will own it as it'll have the asset on its books but loans to Smith will increase by an equal amount.

Ultimately he's covering the costs and he's the only owner in my recollection who has delivered what he said he would off the pitch. Many chased fantasies of new stadiums. Somerset Park is looking and feeling better. The hub is a good addition (if a little on the small side). There are loads of upgrades to the stadium (toilets, changing rooms, board room, gym etc, the carpark).

That's not to say everything is rosey but he does deserve credit for what he has done.

11 hours ago, Iain said:

The Bullen postgame interview isn't too bad. If you were optimistically minded you might feel they know what needs done and you might trust them to do it.

And if you were pessimistically minded you would note the shit-eating grin he's wearing for rescuing a draw against fucking Stirling Albion due to a terrible goalkeeping error while praising himself for his substitutions. Other teams avoid the need for their subs to always have an impact by having good players on in the first place.

31 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

At least if the match is shite, you can go into ASDA so that it isn't an entirely wasted journey.

Will no doubt regret this as an Aldi shopper. But, what is the parking situation up at Townhead? Mostly there in my head to trudge along.

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And if you were pessimistically minded you would note the shit-eating grin he's wearing for rescuing a draw against fucking Stirling Albion due to a terrible goalkeeping error while praising himself for his substitutions. Other teams avoid the need for their subs to always have an impact by having good players on in the first place.

Subs should have a massive impact at any level of the game. You rarely win a match without an impact off the bench.

Overall its the first league cup game and there are other players to come in apparently, on that I'd think it'll take a number of weeks to integrate give or take 6 new players into the squad too.

Not pretty or great by all accounts yesterday (though mattman's highlights do show some ok attacking play), we move onto Tuesday sitting well placed in the group.