The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

How long does it take stuff to arrive from ordering online from the club shop?  I ordered something from china 4 days before ordering the top and that's made its way across continents.  

I'm not sure, I was thinking of ordering stuff but figured I was best phoning the shop and getting it put aside for the game against Alloa next weekend.

I want a full strip for my son (it may even be the pink one as his boots are pink & black!) but I could only seem to buy the top online as well.

35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

How long does it take stuff to arrive from ordering online from the club shop?  I ordered something from china 4 days before ordering the top and that's made its way across continents.  

Should be 2 days , 3 max 

46 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Not sure where the North Terrace residents are but we seem to have more than our fair share of Enclosure George types on this thread repeating his You’ve had enough time McLeod/Stuart/McLeod/McLean/Caldwell/McLeod/Burley etc mantra towards Bullen. Not sure even George would have had the front to have been rolling out his favourite shout to a man who’d been in the role for 18 months, kept us up after taking over from two of the biggest charlatans to inhabit the AUFC manager’s office and then deliver our highest league finish in a generation.

I like the McGeady signing for his experience in the game which he can hopefully pass on to the squad, the potential contribution we could still see from him on the pitch and whatever him being Technical Director is going to mean for the club’s infrastructure. If Bullen was to leave then I suspect McGeady would be an obvious temporary/permanent replacement  from within the club but it’s wild to think he’s been brought in with a view to Bullen getting the bullet in the short term and surely even the hard of thinking on this site don’t really believe that’s why he’s been acquired. 

Tbf to the anti-Bullen brigade (I was on the fence but I'm marginally in anti territory these days) the style of football has been painful to watch. Especially at Somerset. When you are winning games it's fine but second half of the season it wasn't great. You are of course right a 2nd place finish is our highest and he gets credit for it. You can only play what's in front of you and we got 2nd. The playoffs were an aberration irrespective of any excuses.

I agree with McGeady. I also think folk are just puting 2 and 2 together that he is a manager in waiting. To be honest, the way he spoke in his interview I think he's more interested in the behind the scenes role like Mathies rather than manager. I hope he'll be a positive influence on and off the pitch.

I also think it shows others that we are a  serious club and as I said previously it hopefully does away with the plucky/wee Ayr tag (I fucking hate that!).

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would anyone else be shocked if Charlie Mulgrew rocked up at Somerset now? Good pals with McGeady and I think he’s been told he can leave Dundee United. Not really a position we’re short in but he can cover left back and play in midfield I’m sure. 

That would be a seriously bad decision. Word from Arabland is that he’s done and was a major disruption within the club. They cite him as one of the reasons they got relegated. Don’t touch him.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

That would be a seriously bad decision. Word from Arabland is that he’s done and was a major disruption within the club. They cite him as one of the reasons they got relegated. Don’t touch him.

I think you are probably partially right but think the stuff around him being disruptive is just lazy nonsense from their fans as they were so terrible. You don’t have a twenty year career with no issues, and then suddenly become a problematic player. 

58 minutes ago, Frosty said:

it’s wild to think he’s been brought in with a view to Bullen getting the bullet in the short term and surely even the hard of thinking on this site don’t really believe that’s why he’s been acquired. 

I agree, but I don't think there's any harm in people saying that. It's just a crazy theory that will be forgotten unless it happens. 

15 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Anyone else think that the online club shop is due an update, looks like an amateur teams not a team that has ambition for the Premiership

It’s totally shite and completely impractical but I use the physical shop. I’m sure anyone who wants to buy something can but it could be a lot better.

36 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Fair doos. I hope you're not buying more of those howling llamas.

Hush your mouth. My favourite piece of merchandise!

14 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Anyone else think that the online club shop is due an update, looks like an amateur teams not a team that has ambition for the Premiership

The whole club website is a nightmare vision of the internet. Done by a volunteer though so move along, nothing to see here. Also, why is the club still using twitter?

3 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Also, why is the club still using twitter?

This is a fair shout, I don't have a twitter account and used to be able to read the club's twitter for updates. Musk seems to have blocked me (and many others) from seeing the club twitter unless I sign up. I have no interest in signing up. There has to be a better vehicle to raise awareness of the club and its activities tbh.

Just now, Trogdor said:

This is a fair shout, I don't have a twitter account and used to be able to read the club's twitter for updates. Musk seems to have blocked me (and many others) from seeing the club twitter unless I sign up. I have no interest in signing up. There has to be a better vehicle to raise awareness of the club and its activities tbh.

They use Instagram, Facebook and TikTok too so don’t really see the issue with that one. Every football club still uses Twitter to a pretty big extent, and it’s probably still the main one for getting football style information. 

The online shop is hilariously bad though…

I wouldn't object to downloading a club app. It's probably a good way to communicate.

I don't use social media though. Which is why it's frustrating that Twitter have pulled up the drawbridge unless you register. 

I actually had trouble finding the club shop online. And I'm not some tech-illiterate old f**k. Can move onto that now the highlights have been fixed. 

I don't think anyone thinks McGeady was brought in as a replacement for Bullen.