The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its up to the manager to deal with the expectations of the players and man manage them, give them targets and opportunities to prove themselves capable. I see no evidence that Bullen has done this. 

Ashfords issue was not being played in his correct position, which he wasn't. He was given very few opportunities to do so. Your point was that he shouldn't have started before Dipo, I didn't say he should and I don't think Ashford did either. A lot of trying to put words in my mouth here 

You need to lie down. You'll get plenty of time on a Saturday afternoon after your self professing boycott rant at the start of the week. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its up to the manager to deal with the expectations of the players and man manage them, give them targets and opportunities to prove themselves capable. I see no evidence that Bullen has done this. 

Ashfords issue was not being played in his correct position, which he wasn't. He was given very few opportunities to do so. Your point was that he shouldn't have started before Dipo, I didn't say he should and I don't think Ashford did either. A lot of trying to put words in my mouth here 

It’s literally three games into the season - I’m pretty sure he would have had plenty of opportunities if he didn’t f**k off so early. He also started the week prior. 

What is your issue with Ashford then?! He wasn’t given opportunities to do so because he was fucking terrible. If you genuinely have a problem with Bullen’s handling of that then you will literally twist anything to fit that agenda. Ashford playing in his correct position required Dipo to be dropped…

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

You need to lie down. You'll get plenty of time on a Saturday afternoon after your self professing boycott rant at the start of the week. 

what shite are you talking now? 

I didn't say I was boycotting anything, I said I didn't know when I would be back because the football has been shite for three years and I can't watch it any more. 

There was no rant either, stop trying to tart it up for effect. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s literally three games into the season - I’m pretty sure he would have had plenty of opportunities if he didn’t f**k off so early. He also started the week prior. 

What is your issue with Ashford then?! He wasn’t given opportunities to do so because he was fucking terrible. If you genuinely have a problem with Bullen’s handling of that then you will literally twist anything to fit that agenda. Ashford playing in his correct position required Dipo to be dropped…

Ashford's complaint was, he wasn't given the opportunity to do what he was good at and was  then more or less removed from the club as he was deemed not to be good enough and had to uproot to Ireland. 

If you get a job as an accountant and 3 weeks in, they tell you you need to work as bricklayer and then sack you because you are shite at laying bricks, you'd be fucked off. 

This is the same as Pendlebury, a manager won't give you the opportunity to prove yourself. Ashford leaving while Pendlebury was at the club can't have given him a warm, fuzzy feeling if he was feeling frustrated. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Ashford's complaint was, he wasn't given the opportunity to do what he was good at and was  then more or less removed from the club as he was deemed not to be good enough and had to uproot to Ireland. 

If you get a job as an accountant and 3 weeks in, they tell you you need to work as bricklayer and then sack you because you are shite at laying bricks, you'd be fucked off. 

This is the same as Pendlebury, a manager won't give you the opportunity to prove yourself. Ashford leaving while Pendlebury was at the club can't have given him a warm, fuzzy feeling if he was feeling frustrated. 

Ashford literally played in his “natural position” the first several months he was here. He also wasn’t good at it. 

It’s quite unbelievable that you hate Bullen so much that you are happy to try and suggest a terrible footballer like Sam Ashford was hard done to. 

The accountant to bricklayer example is completely and utterly ludicrous. 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

what shite are you talking now? 

I didn't say I was boycotting anything, I said I didn't know when I would be back because the football has been shite for three years and I can't watch it any more. 

There was no rant either, stop trying to tart it up for effect. 

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Ashford literally played in his “natural position” the first several months he was here. He also wasn’t good at it. 

It’s quite unbelievable that you hate Bullen so much that you are happy to try and suggest a terrible footballer like Sam Ashford was hard done to. 

The accountant to bricklayer example is completely and utterly ludicrous. 

Ashford was signed at the end of the January window and was out the squad once Bullen finally decided that Adeloye was a better goal threat, about 6 games later than everyone else so had a run of 12 games where he played up front or out wide. The following season, he didn't start through the middle. According to soccerbase, he started 32 games last season. So at most, was given the opportunity 12 times in his natural position. Not nearly the several months you are trying to make out here.  I also didn't say he was good at it. 

The players father made it known he wasn't happy with the situation and then the player himself did. which is my point about man management that you seem to be turning in to an Ashford was/wasn't shite argument that I'm not trying to have. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Ashford was signed at the end of the January window and was out the squad once Bullen finally decided that Adeloye was a better goal threat, about 6 games later than everyone else so had a run of 12 games where he played up front or out wide. The following season, he didn't start through the middle. According to soccerbase, he started 32 games last season. So at most, was given the opportunity 12 times in his natural position. Not nearly the several months you are trying to make out here.  I also didn't say he was good at it. 

The players father made it known he wasn't happy with the situation and then the player himself did. which is my point about man management that you seem to be turning in to an Ashford was/wasn't shite argument that I'm not trying to have. 

Twelve games is months. 

So, we have worked out that he deserved to be dropped for Adeloye and that he shouldn’t have started in front of Dipo so when exactly did you want him to get more opportunities in his apparent position. You are having the argument that Bullen didn’t deal with Ashford very well so you obviously need to say what Bullen should have done differently?

The bottom line is that we went into the transfer window needing more quality and experience in midfield that addressed the concern that Dempsey and Murdoch are a little too similar.  Instead we signed a 20 year old who from the outset didn’t seem to fit what we needed.  Injuries to Dempsey and Murdoch at the same time is incredibly unlucky, but it simply highlights the failure to strengthen properly during the Summer.  Our entire season now hinges on a 20 year old youth player from Wycombe and a 23 year old who doesn’t appear to have played competitive football thus far in his career.  Can only hope that we pull a rabbit out a hat from somewhere and sign a proper experienced midfielder. 

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

boycott
/ˈbɔɪkɒt/

verb

1. withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

I am not withdrawing commercial or social relations, I have a season ticket so I'm not even costing the club money by not going. I am not protesting, I could go and do  WullieH  and boo for 90 minutes. But I'm not going to. 
    I could decide come the Falkirk game, f**k it, I'll give it a chance. 

I didn't flounce off in protest, I am just sick of watching this shite week in week out, paying money to travel about and watch the same team put in the same performances week in week out and ruining my weekends. 

Just now, Nelson said:

The bottom line is that we went into the transfer window needing more quality and experience in midfield that addressed the concern that Dempsey and Murdoch are a little too similar.  Instead we signed a 20 year old who from the outset didn’t seem to fit what we needed.  Injuries to Dempsey and Murdoch at the same time is incredibly unlucky, but it simply highlights the failure to strengthen properly during the Summer.  Our entire season now hinges on a 20 year old youth player from Wycombe and a 23 year old who doesn’t appear to have played competitive football thus far in his career.  Can only hope that we pull a rabbit out a hat from somewhere and sign a proper experienced midfielder. 

Yeah, this is quite clearly the only thing to complain about. It was discussed further up, but Pendlebury was a bizarre signing. 

If Pendlebury has chucked the rattles then he is better out the door.

The recruitment team are having a bit of a mare. Mick McArdle used to get slagged off for his laptop.  I think Glendinning's excel spreadsheet has a circular reference or something in it. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No one comes out of this looking blameless. Massive f**k up all round.

I do think it sets the tone for how this season will play out though....

If we were to remove the P&B chat and rumours, the reality for most fans is what the statement said, "left by mutual consent club sad to see him go", all the rest of the stuff is taken from 3rd party rumours and insinuations and guessing about who voted a post up on twitter, I mean, seriously !!

Apart from this there's no disaster at the club apart from we've got a few key injuries in similar positions all at the same time and as a result are having to bring in cover ASAP.

Honestly, to most folk out there it's just a normal season and we've now got a bit of real quality in wide areas such as Logan Chalmers, Aiden McGeady and Jamie Murphy plus Amartey looks like he can do a job.

The time for rage and fury will be if we lose our next 2 or 3 games in which case we'll no doubt find ourselves anchored at the bottom with confidence low, however let's not worry about that until it happens, as you never know, it just might not.....

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Twelve games is months. 

So, we have worked out that he deserved to be dropped for Adeloye and that he shouldn’t have started in front of Dipo so when exactly did you want him to get more opportunities in his apparent position. You are having the argument that Bullen didn’t deal with Ashford very well so you obviously need to say what Bullen should have done differently?

It isn't "several" like he played the majority of the season. 

Any player has to be given the opportunity to perform, even Bangala was given a chance. Ashford played out of position for the majority of his time at the club, in his opinion it effected his performances, possibly hindered his career and development  and as a thankyou, he was handed his jotters and a one way flight to Ireland. 

From an employee point of view, that is a red flag for anyone else at the club. Gondoh was jettisoned a year in to a two year deal, if Bullen didn't think Ashford was competition for Tomi or Dipo, which he clearly didn't. Why did he give him a years extension that summer to then make him a square peg in a round hole and not try to offload him?

Edited by diegomarahenry

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, this is quite clearly the only thing to complain about. It was discussed further up, but Pendlebury was a bizarre signing. 

Pendlebury chucking it could conceivably be a blessing in disguise.  (He really did look very one paced for the Championship).  I am saying that in hope rather than expectation that a new arrival will appear before Saturday that can lift things a bit.

But as the chaos in midfield goes on, there’s also no sign of a new striker appearing that could hopefully compliment Rose.  Continuing on with Rose, McKenzie and Bryden is honestly a terrifying thought.