The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the staff in Jewsons aren't Ayr fans, it would just be a bloke in a tracksuit shouting abuse at them accompanied by an older bloke in a polo shirt. 

It would be absolutely fantastic viewing.  I'm actually raging he shat it now.  

1413051750559_wps_2_Rangers_fans_outside_the_.jpg

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Usually people with angry inadequate c**t syndrome.

Don’t get me wrong I’ll have thought a player is utter shite when I’m watching them but I’ve never felt the urge to actually shout (in public) at another person who is doing something that I’ll never be able to do in my entire life. 

I also don’t buy the “I pay my £20 so I can do what I want”. No, you pay money to gain entry to a football stadium. Shouting abuse at this event should get you the same response that shouting abuse at someone walking down the street would get you. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

It would be absolutely fantastic viewing.  I'm actually raging he shat it now.  

1413051750559_wps_2_Rangers_fans_outside_the_.jpg

See now I want a season of an Ayr esc Impractical Jokers where you’ve got Graeme Mathie, David Smith and Lee Bullen and they’re talking into an earwig to a random player who has to go into a business in Ayr and act out their instructions. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

See now I want a season of an Ayr esc Impractical Jokers where you’ve got Graeme Mathie, David Smith and Lee Bullen and they’re talking into an earwig to a random player who has to go into a business in Ayr and act out their instructions. 

Ok Aidan, ask them if they've sold out of Celtic strips and when the next batch is coming in. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t get me wrong I’ll have thought a player is utter shite when I’m watching them but I’ve never felt the urge to actually shout (in public) at another person who is doing something that I’ll never be able to do in my entire life. 

I also don’t buy the “I pay my £20 so I can do what I want”. No, you pay money to gain entry to a football stadium. Shouting abuse at this event should get you the same response that shouting abuse at someone walking down the street would get you. 

Maybe announce over the tannoy at every home game that the admission price is not a down payment to behave like a monumental staggering arse pipe.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah this, I've held and shared many a strongly held opinion on a player or manager but I always keep it for chat, here or my twitter feed.  

I've never felt the need to make the player aware that I, the main character, think that they are doing shite while they are playing.  Or act like the losers that abuse them directly on socials.  

Opposition players on the terrace touchline though, getting it tight.  

If it’s so vitally important that you must release all your built up anger at any slack pass or shite touch, a quiet ‘for fucks sake’ under your breath will suffice.

I don’t know how people don’t feel embarrassed. You wouldn’t shout like a spoiled wean on a bus or in a shopping centre, so why in a ground surrounded by the same people. 

• M.E. Are United ". I, Graeme Mathie, talk to local M.E. sufferers about the condition. You know, we intersperse it with their favourite pop songs, make it light-hearted, you know, give them a platform.
  • A detective series based in Ayr called "McGinty". McGinty is a detective who tackles toxicity. Bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 80mph on the motorway if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly.
  • White City Sumo: We take fat people from White City, put them in big nappies, and then get them to throw each other out of the centre circle. 
  • Youth Hosteling with George Stanger. 

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was this going to be on the same day that we got Jamie Murphy walking about looking at power tools? 

Still don’t understand what the point of that video actually was?

Was it a play on a nickname or something, or was it the club shoehorning a sponsor into an announcement video?

So odd.

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
  • A detective series based in Ayr called "McGinty". McGinty is a detective who tackles toxicity. Bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 80mph on the motorway if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly.

7z6n7m.jpg.6f7a8bb441617b97dfdef1759b2a3b39.jpg

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Maybe announce over the tannoy at every home game that the admission price is not a down payment to behave like a monumental staggering arse pipe.

I'm afraid our stadium announcer may not be the best person to deliver that particular message.

Edited by Trogdor

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Still don’t understand what the point of that video actually was?

Was it a play on a nickname or something, or was it the club shoehorning a sponsor into an announcement video?

So odd.

Maybe Jamie just needed some bits and bobs and we decided to kill two birds with one stone. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m still not sure why people do shout abuse at players? It almost never makes them play better and it’s downright shite behaviour on an actual human level. 

By and large the "abuse" fans shout (at least at their own players) falls under the category of "frustrated constructive criticism" as opposed to simply screaming that they're shite at them. This admittedly doesn't apply to managers.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Businesses providing perks to customers who want to pay a large sum of money up front isn’t anything new.

As usual, you’re just waffling. 

Not waffling at all . Making a point and for the record I get what you are saying but other people provide money all year round and don't expect perks as we do it for the love of the club .