The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is there a sweepstake on how long it'll take for the club to make an announcement themselves?

I'm saying tomorrow for Twitter, Thursday for the website (and only after two more posts about the shop opening hours).

Just now, Thumper said:

Is there a sweepstake on how long it'll take for the club to make an announcement themselves?

I'm saying tomorrow for Twitter, Thursday for the website (and only after two more posts about the shop opening hours).

I'd say 10AM today.

On 07/01/2022 at 11:17, Ex Machina said:

Fair play to your board for trying something new here rather than going for the easy 'safe but boring' option. Bullen by all accounts seems to be highly rated elsewhere.

it's always sunny in philadelphia charlie GIF

200.gif.764ebc057a86e30907af6e3894d799d4.gif

9 hours ago, super_carson said:

Would imagine it'll be a White/Murphy/McGready caretaking team for the next week or two unless something was already lined up.

Had a look back, our most successful manager by % was by Committee. Should give that a go for a bit.

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Had a look back, our most successful manager by % was by Committee. Should give that a go for a bit.

Do we even need a manager? We have one of those super trendy structures in place that dilute the role of the manager anyway.

In 30 years - long after we're all dead - football teams will be managed by AI.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Do we even need a manager? We have one of those super trendy structures in place that dilute the role of the manager anyway.

Given that one of Bullen's talking points was that the team had input on a lot of management decisions, including hiring, and also given that the average footballer would struggle to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom, I feel that having at least one adult in charge would be a good idea.

Just one who isn't 52.

Well, taking the emotion out of it, it’s completely the right call. We’re right back where we were when he was brought in, so 2 years down the line we’re back at stage 1, with now having to fight our way out of a relegation battle. I do feel bad in the sense he seems like a nice guy, but he’s just not up to taking us where Smith etc want us to go.

What next? Who knows. Still worries with Mathie in charge/having a big say. I remember being excited when he first came in etc, but as time has gone on, I’ve come to realise he’s all talk. We were told to enjoy him as another team would swoop in and he’d be away, genuinely no idea what team in Scotland would want to appoint him in this role. Will it be White until end of the season or will we get our new boss in to assses the team, try keep us up and reboot for next year. 

Don’t see us going for someone in a job currently, or managing currently. O’Dea has been the name banded about before and he may be the type of head coach/puppet that Mathie and Glendinning can use to keep the conveyer belt of diddies (project players) from down south coming. 

Edited by callum-ayr

I have a feeling it will be Mulgrew, I’d be angry with that because I think we need to stop pissing about and get out of this position and I don’t agree that the club should take the chance of getting relegated while we bed a new manager in. The initial reaction may not be positive. 
However, he may be a good appointment and hit the ground running. 

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

O’Dea has been the name banded about before and he may be the type of head coach/puppet that Mathie and Glendinning can use to keep the conveyer belt of diddies (project players) from down south coming. 

Is it your impression that the board is deliberately trying to get relegated? Because if there is an insidious plan to sell Somerset and build flats on it then building a new stand first seems like a rather silly idea.