The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

You should use some of that cash and buy McInroy from Killie.

Us Ayr fans have a bit of a weird obsession with loan players we’ve had who did ok with us, don’t know why. Don’t get me wrong some have been good. Think Mcinroy is ok but not sure he’s what we’re missing. As I said he did ok but in a very poor team.

Edited by malkyshotton

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was hoping we’d do something like this tbh. 

He has never had a chance at Killie why, only McInnes and McInroy will know.

On a side issue  my neighbour Dario Viviani came through your academy he was on the bench on Saturday, did he get on ?

I think McInroy is precisely what this Ayr team are missing in midfield. He scores goals, he gets assists, he works hard and he’s different to what we’ve already got. Whether he’d be interested in coming back I have no idea but he did really well with us before and we never really replaced him. 

3 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

He has never had a chance at Killie why, only McInnes and McInroy will know.

On a side issue  my neighbour Dario Viviani came through your academy he was on the bench on Saturday, did he get on ?

I’ve only seen him for 45 minutes in pre season but he looked okay. Think he’s a midfielder but not really sure what type. I think he’ll get more of a chance this season and hopefully he does well. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think McInroy is precisely what this Ayr team are missing in midfield. He scores goals, he gets assists, he works hard and he’s different to what we’ve already got. Whether he’d be interested in coming back I have no idea but he did really well with us before and we never really replaced him. 

I’ve only seen him for 45 minutes in pre season but he looked okay. Think he’s a midfielder but not really sure what type. I think he’ll get more of a chance this season and hopefully he does well. 

Thanks for the info. All the best for the new season.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Who were the two we had on loan from Blackpool a decent number of years back?

8 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Liam Tomsett  (I think) was one of them, can’t remember the other one.

Adam Dodd, scored a goal on his debut against Hamilton and got sent off for kicking a Partick player were his highlights.

Shame we didn't know how good Tomsett was when we started McKernon ahead of him in the semi final.

18 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Shame we didn't know how good Tomsett was when we started McKernon ahead of him in the semi final.

He's playing in the seventh tier now, so should be back on the club's radar.

41 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Us Ayr fans have a bit of a weird obsession with loan players we’ve had who did ok with us, don’t know why. Don’t get me wrong some have been good. Think Mcinroy is ok but not sure he’s what we’re missing. As I said he did ok but in a very poor team.

Kerr McInroy was good in a pretty poor Ayr team so I'd have him back in a heartbeat. We're crying out for a more attack minded centre mid as Murdoch and Dempsey more defensive minded and the little I've seen of Pendlebury he seems the same. 

Looking at the PFA list, in terms of experienced players, you have Jake Carroll at left back who was pretty much a regular for Motherwell season before last. Only issue being he missed the entirety of last season with a knee injury, and not entirely sure what his injury status is!

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

What was the team's record with McInroy in the side?

We took 17 points from 14 games that he played in with him scoring 3 goals (technically one was an OG but I’m giving him it). 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Looking at old Ayr players coming back, I see Mark Shankland has joined Troon. Think he'll get a run out against Ayr on Saturday?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We took 17 points from 14 games that he played in with him scoring 3 goals (technically one was an OG but I’m giving him it). 

You beat me to it, but when you add his assists it is impressive. As you said before he is what we are missing in our midfield - he also complemented Dempsey well. 

He didn’t even get to play as an attacking mid that much either. 

ETA, figures on the right obviously the assists. 

C1C759E9-B4AF-431F-9632-7F18F9E4281B.png

Edited by No_Problemo

17 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Looking at old Ayr players coming back, I see Mark Shankland has joined Troon. Think he'll get a run out against Ayr on Saturday?

Given we're the opponent I imagine he'll need to pass a fitness test first for the chip on his shoulder.

McInroy was a slightly above average championship footballer when he left us, I understand why he wanted to sign for a premier league team but the decision not to put him out on loan last season at all has probably set his development back quite a bit. He needed to be playing regularly at that age. 

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He's a nuisance. I wouldn't be playing him as an out and out but I was disappointed he left the club.

Which is likely useful if you have others who will score goals around him but we don't really have any goal scorers in our team.