The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If Charlie Mulgrew were a bad influence on the dressing room then surely that knowledge would have filtered down to one A. McGeady at some point, even if their spells at Celtic didn't overlap.

The dressing room banter is certainly going to be interesting this year considering that there's a spread of two full decades across the squad.

I think we are light(ish) in the centre back area.  Musonda injuries and away on international duty only leaves us with Stanger and McGinty.  However if we do bring in a new right back then at least you have McAllister as the cover.  However if we don't bring in a right back and something happens to 1 of they 2, you're relying on a defence that is porbably going to start this weekend (Hewitt, McAllister, McGinty, Reading).

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The dressing room banter is certainly going to be interesting this year considering that there's a spread of two full decades across the squad.

Is that any different to most squads most seasons? Most teams will have a 16/17 year old around the squad and a 35+ player.

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think we are light(ish) in the centre back area.  Musonda injuries and away on international duty only leaves us with Stanger and McGinty.  However if we do bring in a new right back then at least you have McAllister as the cover.  However if we don't bring in a right back and something happens to 1 of they 2, you're relying on a defence that is porbably going to start this weekend (Hewitt, McAllister, McGinty, Reading).

Yeah Saturday is a prime example of what we’ll get with an injury and a suspension. 

Musonda will be out at some point and you’d like it if we weren’t reliant on McAllister being our only back up. It’s not a priority position whilst we have the full backs we do but it’s something that could be looked at if possible. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah Saturday is a prime example of what we’ll get with an injury and a suspension. 

Musonda will be out at some point and you’d like it if we weren’t reliant on McAllister being our only back up. It’s not a priority position whilst we have the full backs we do but it’s something that could be looked at if possible. 

Is Stanger and Musonda both out ?

If so, it's not ideal, especially as Rose and McGeady seem to be a further 2 or 3 weeks away from match fitness also and still no sign of a RB being signed and only 4 days away from our first league match.

It kind of makes a mockery of having a summer break and a pre-season if half your team aren't going to be ready or in place until 4 or 5 weeks into the season !!

We might as well just do away with a transfer window and go back to the way it used to be !!!

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is Stanger and Musonda both out ?

If so, it's not ideal, especially as Rose and McGeady seem to be a further 2 or 3 weeks away from match fitness also and still no sign of a RB being signed and only 4 days away from our first league match.

It kind of makes a mockery of having a summer break and a pre-season if half your team aren't going to be ready or in place until 4 or 5 weeks into the season !!

We might as well just do away with a transfer window and go back to the way it used to be !!!

Stanger is suspended and I highly doubt Musonda will be involved considering we haven’t seen him since the Stranraer game. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stanger is suspended and I highly doubt Musonda will be involved considering we haven’t seen him since the Stranraer game. 

He was out warming up on Saturday but not in the squad.

Just now, WATTOO said:

He was out warming up on Saturday but not in the squad.

Yeah I think he’s getting back into it but there’s no way he can be expected to start after not playing in so long. 

Maybe there is more in the Fletcher rumour than there is in the Mulgrew rumour. Bullen will know Fletcher through their Sheffield Wednesday connection... McGeady also had a spell at Wednesday...sill think it is highly unlikely due to wage demands but if Kyle Lafferty can sign for Johnstone Burgh who, I think, are in the same league as Whitletts Vics...you never know

I just don't see the Fletcher one at all.  He didn't re-sign with Dundee Utd because they were in the championship.  Unless he's doing some form of coaching/management role like McGeady it would just be a strange one all round.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

I just don't see the Fletcher one at all.  He didn't re-sign with Dundee Utd because they were in the championship.  Unless he's doing some form of coaching/management role like McGeady it would just be a strange one all round.

Is that not just presumed.  

The only things he's really mentioned is wanting to play every week. 

1 minute ago, conley said:

Maybe there is more in the Fletcher rumour than there is in the Mulgrew rumour. Bullen will know Fletcher through their Sheffield Wednesday connection... McGeady also had a spell at Wednesday...sill think it is highly unlikely due to wage demands but if Kyle Lafferty can sign for Johnstone Burgh who, I think, are in the same league as Whitletts Vics...you never know

We're definitely still a striker short as we've only really got Rose and Bryden unless we're including McKenzie and Amartey being played up top.

If Fletcher is still fit I'd take him in a minute as his workrate and footballing intelligence are top rate and again You'd expect the young guys to learn massively from someone like him, similar to McGeady and Murphy.

That said, I wouldn't be spending silly money as RB and an attacking Midfielder are much higher on our list of requirements I'd think.