The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is that not just presumed.  

The only things he's really mentioned is wanting to play every week. 

He was still under contract and had it cancelled so I had just presumed it would be down to him not wanting to play championship football.  Would be a strange move to see him then rock up somewhere else in the championship on a presumably lower wage.  Unless Dundee United were desperate for him to leave and have paid a settlement.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would be a strange move to see him then rock up somewhere else in the championship on a presumably lower wage.

One of Ayr's most famous last-change-saloon signings was Alex Ferguson, who has said repeatedly that when it comes to continuing to be able to play there are plenty of players who would do anything for the chance.

Still think it'd be an odd one. The club strategy is distinctly biased towards the long term, and surely they're getting bored of replacing strikers every summer.

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He was still under contract and had it cancelled so I had just presumed it would be down to him not wanting to play championship football.  Would be a strange move to see him then rock up somewhere else in the championship on a presumably lower wage.  Unless Dundee United were desperate for him to leave and have paid a settlement.

He's 36 and he's rolling in cash so I don't think his next move / final move will be about money. He's maybe looking to get into coaching while playing regularly so similar to McGeady this could be a pretty convenient and beneficial move for both parties.

Who knows though, as all supposition.

Does anyone know if Musonda is actually injured?  Really don’t remember the club saying much of anything about where he is - sounds like he played at least one pre-season game.  If he’s not injured,  then the situation is getting a wee bit beyond a joke.  The Zambia game was way back in the middle of June, so he absolutely should be available for selection by now.  

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Does anyone know if Musonda is actually injured?  Really don’t remember the club saying much of anything about where he is - sounds like he played at least one pre-season game.  If he’s not injured,  then the situation is getting a wee bit beyond a joke.  The Zambia game was way back in the middle of June, so he absolutely should be available for selection by now.  

He got a knock in the Stranraer game I think. As far as I know he’s just a couple of weeks behind everyone else which is normal for someone who got injured in pre season and missed a chunk because he was away with Zambia. 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He was holding Ice ? in a top thigh / Groin area after the game v Stranraer.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Has McGeady played any minutes yet? Noticed Murphy looking decent in highlights I’ve seen. 

No not yet, think he’s still a few weeks behind everyone else. To be honest I don’t expect him to play much. 

Murphy has been good though and has the potential to be an excellent signing for us. 

1 minute ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

He was holding Ice ? in a top thigh / Groin area after the game v Stranraer.

He does seem very injury prone.  I was hoping someone might offer us some cash for him on the back of his high profile games for Zambia!  But fair enough, if that’s the reason he’s not available.  The whole Zambia thing just seems like a bit of an excuse - Scotland played back to back games in the middle of June, and no one is seriously arguing that the players involved that night would miss so much of pre-season that they wouldn’t be fit enough to start a game come the first week of August. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He does seem very injury prone.  I was hoping someone might offer us some cash for him on the back of his high profile games for Zambia!  But fair enough, if that’s the reason he’s not available.  The whole Zambia thing just seems like a bit of an excuse - Scotland played back to back games in the middle of June, and no one is seriously arguing that the players involved that night would miss so much of pre-season that they wouldn’t be fit enough to start a game come the first week of August. 

I think he started back late because he'll have had about a week before having to go into international duty then by the time that was over it was maybe a week until pre season starts.  

Always worth remembering it's a job and they are entitled to their summer annual leave. If my boss wasn't giving me holidays I'm due and the only way I could get time off was to have an accident at work I'd probably not apply myself very well going forward 😂 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think he started back late because he'll have had about a week before having to go into international duty then by the time that was over it was maybe a week until pre season starts.  

Always worth remembering it's a job and they are entitled to their summer annual leave. If my boss wasn't giving me holidays I'm due and the only way I could get time off was to have an accident at work I'd probably not apply myself very well going forward 😂 

Sounds like a moot argument anyway if he did actually injure himself against Stranraer, which in fairness to Musonda was played back on 8th July, so he obviously wasn’t that late joining up for pre-season.  Frustrating that coming off the good results in the cup that we’ll be going to Morton with McAllister at centre back and Hewitt at right back.