The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Guessing season ticket sales aren’t doing too well with the mention in the interview. 

The ending to last season and style of play, folk will be more likely to dip in and out of attendance.

very little excitement generated in the transfer market, especially early on

The price getting lumped up again, for the same product as last year

The lack of any excitement generated from the club and an increasing gulf between the fans and the club.

The shambles anyone who did buy one had to go through which was greeted by a shrug of the shoulders by the club

I can see why.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We were apparently around 600 in the "early bird" but not heard any update recently.

I've actually not got around to buying my own yet but will probably deal early next week.

I do think our attendance is a bit odd. We seem to have a very strong core support which is translates into excellent away support (I haven't worked it out but I would imagine our away to home support ratio must be one of the best in the division). But other clubs that on the face of it should be similar to ours manage to outsell us by a significant margin.

Marketing has been very poor during this close season and I won't reopen the whole discussion about the improvement that is needed in the use of social media as a marketing tool.

I guess we should really be focussed on overall attendance though. I have said in the past that I think that a season ticket is very simplistic legacy pricing model and that with digital ticketing we should be looking at other pricing models to create incentives to attend etc. It does come down to the technology though and it's clear the club does not have service providers in that space who are up to the mark.

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Just over 1,100 tickets so far , total last year 1300

IMO, that’s not too bad with a week to go but the club should be releasing a more targeted season ticket campaign on beating last seasons total over the next week. 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

David Wotherspoon and Steven Fletcher to Dunfermline and Charlie Mulgrew to Partick 🤔

Wotherspoon and Mulgrew I’m not fussed about but Fletcher is a brilliant signing. Their board denied any interest in him last night but maybe just keep cards close to their chest. 

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I guess we should really be focussed on overall attendance though. I have said in the past that I think that a season ticket is very simplistic legacy pricing model and that with digital ticketing we should be looking at other pricing models to create incentives to attend etc. It does come down to the technology though and it's clear the club does not have service providers in that space who are up to the mark.

This, even the pay up option wasn't exactly what I'd call realistic (£70 a month I think).  They need to get that out way earlier this season to make it attractive.  

Half seasons for both halves - make it slightly less attractive than the full season is or something. 

Multi game packages.  

Similar to directly above but include hospitality in some way.  

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wotherspoon and Mulgrew I’m not fussed about but Fletcher is a brilliant signing. Their board denied any interest in him last night but maybe just keep cards close to their chest. 

They denied any interest in Wotherspoon as well previously. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This, even the pay up option wasn't exactly what I'd call realistic (£70 a month I think).  They need to get that out way earlier this season to make it attractive.  

Half seasons for both halves - make it slightly less attractive than the full season is or something. 

Multi game packages.  

Similar to directly above but include hospitality in some way.  

Yeah, I’m pretty confident I would get a pay up season if it started payments in January or something. I would definitely buy a half season now if I could too - full price just a bit too much atm and it’s hard planning too far ahead with my shifts. 

Definitely lots more that can be done!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I’m pretty confident I would get a pay up season if it started payments in January or something. I would definitely buy a half season now if I could too - full price just a bit too much atm and it’s hard planning too far ahead with my shifts. 

Definitely lots more that can be done!

£350 bundle, season and new home top on day of release. Announce in December. Pay up option. 

If the rest of the season is shite, folk are committed then

Are the club concerned they'd get ridiculed by opposition fans if they were transparent about season ticket sales? If so we'll never improve them if we don't promote them or maybe the website couldn't cope with some sort of countometer.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What’s the capacity this season? I was kind of concerned that big games might be quite difficult to get a ticket, hence why I’ve gone for a season ticket

Think around 6000 ish. Sure SRE is 2500, 1500 main stand and 2500 railway. Just annoying 1/3 ground is the away and and virtually impossible to hold home and away fans and segregate in any big matches. 

10 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Are the club concerned they'd get ridiculed by opposition fans if they were transparent about season ticket sales? If so we'll never improve them if we don't promote them or maybe the website couldn't cope with some sort of countometer.

Crowdwanks are pointless in Scottish football. Arbroath have sold more than us but are £60 less for an adult. And a juveniles season ticket, probably the most important one, is £30 less. They are part time and possibly have less overheads so can offer a cheaper season.