The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know if we have a sell on clause with Dipo ?

Yes we do. 

Mathie confirmed this at the last Q&A and says there’s rarely a transfer deal done these days without some sort of sell on. 

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Think that's the least of our worries atm

There's no need to panic providing we get at least one decent Midfielder in before Saturday. Assuming we manage that, then we'll have a pretty decent squad which should see us challenging for the play offs as opposed to worrying about relegation.

We've started poorly but there's loads of scope there considering Chalmers hasn't kicked a ball yet, Murphy has only played once and McGeady and Rose are only just getting up to decent fitness levels.

Dempsey and Murdoch picking up long term injuries at the same time has obviously rocked the whole squad, however Young has come in and looked decent in the small time on and hopefully Pendlebury, Smith and one other will provide sufficient cover at a good level. 

The keeper is good, defence are passable and up top we look to have one of the most potent forces in the league. It would be good of course to bring in a target man just so we can mix things up a bit but I'm definitely not losing hope in this squad just yet.....

20 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Was hoping the club would be looking at Robbie Ure for a striker option now that he’s a free agent.

QP were/are also interested in him.

However he’s currently on trial at Anderlecht

Think it's between 300-400k Rangers were seemingly wanting in compensation which will rule out most Scottish clubs unless they offer Rangers at least 50% of any future fee.

I don’t think we can say for certain how good our forwards are until we actually see them in action. We’ve scored two league goals this season but outside that we’re not creating a huge amount. 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's no need to panic providing we get at least one decent Midfielder in before Saturday. Assuming we manage that, then we'll have a pretty decent squad which should see us challenging for the play offs as opposed to worrying about relegation.

We've started poorly but there's loads of scope there considering Chalmers hasn't kicked a ball yet, Murphy has only played once and McGeady and Rose are only just getting up to decent fitness levels.

Dempsey and Murdoch picking up long term injuries at the same time has obviously rocked the whole squad, however Young has come in and looked decent in the small time on and hopefully Pendlebury, Smith and one other will provide sufficient cover at a good level. 

The keeper is good, defence are passable and up top we look to have one of the most potent forces in the league. It would be good of course to bring in a target man just so we can mix things up a bit but I'm definitely not losing hope in this squad just yet.....

If we attempt to continue with Rose, McKenzie and Bryden as our striking options, we’ll get relegated.  It really is that simple.  Rose may or may not be a dud (the fitness excuse is wearing thin), but he clearly isn’t a target man - he is going to need to play off and around a strong centre.  

And that’s before we address how short we are in the middle of the park.  Young looked ok in the context of a half hour that was played out as a training match - he may prove to be an asset, but it is wholly unrealistic to expect a player with less than a dozen competitive games to come in and run the midfield for us.   Smith has never really convinced, and Saturday was not a good day for him.  I honestly don’t know where we are with Pendlebury.  That he was considered 4th choice behind the utter dross I watched on Saturday is mind boggling.

The only hint of optimism I can find is Chalmers and Murphy coming back in and playing with Rose plus a proper centre forward.  Unfortunately it seems unlikely we’re going to get the experienced CM we desperately need plus a half decent centre forward.  

I’m honestly baffled that anyone can look at the glaring deficiencies in that team and think we’ll be challenging for the top 4.

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Good to see the clubs post on Facebook this morning about our latest pitchside advertisement is going down a storm lol 

Disappointed they didn’t plaster the SNP logo all over it tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Good to see the clubs post on Facebook this morning about our latest pitchside advertisement is going down a storm lol 

That absolute mutant Allan Richardson making himself look as stupid as he did on the Scottish Football page on Facebook that he got chucked out of.  Don't get me started on that lad Steven Mackie as well, Duncan Bannantyne of Ayr selling rock and inflatable balloons, he's a balloon himself. 

FWIW I am neither here, nor there with it.  As long as party logos aren't on show (Think Alan Dorrans has his up with no logos) then whoever wants to fire money into the club is fine.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

That absolute mutant Allan Richardson making himself look as stupid as he did on the Scottish Football page on Facebook that he got chucked out of.  Don't get me started on that lad Steven Mackie as well, Duncan Bannantyne of Ayr selling rock and inflatable balloons, he's a balloon himself. 

FWIW I am neither here, nor there with it.  As long as party logos aren't on show (Think Alan Dorrans has his up with no logos) then whoever wants to fire money into the club is fine.

Local politicians have often had hoardings at Ayr down through the years.  Usually giving the contact number for their constituency office/surgeries.  As you say, there are no political logos so difficult to see why anyone would have a problem with it.  

23 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If we attempt to continue with Rose, McKenzie and Bryden as our striking options, we’ll get relegated.  It really is that simple.  Rose may or may not be a dud (the fitness excuse is wearing thin), but he clearly isn’t a target man - he is going to need to play off and around a strong centre.  

And that’s before we address how short we are in the middle of the park.  Young looked ok in the context of a half hour that was played out as a training match - he may prove to be an asset, but it is wholly unrealistic to expect a player with less than a dozen competitive games to come in and run the midfield for us.   Smith has never really convinced, and Saturday was not a good day for him.  I honestly don’t know where we are with Pendlebury.  That he was considered 4th choice behind the utter dross I watched on Saturday is mind boggling.

The only hint of optimism I can find is Chalmers and Murphy coming back in and playing with Rose plus a proper centre forward.  Unfortunately it seems unlikely we’re going to get the experienced CM we desperately need plus a half decent centre forward.  

I’m honestly baffled that anyone can look at the glaring deficiencies in that team and think we’ll be challenging for the top 4.

It's because we have a low bar, we're in the Scottish 2nd tier not Serie A or La Liga, we only need to be competing with Airdrie, Morton, Dunfermline etc and I'm sure that with one or two additions we'll be more than capable of doing so.

21 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Local politicians have often had hoardings at Ayr down through the years.  Usually giving the contact number for their constituency office/surgeries.  As you say, there are no political logos so difficult to see why anyone would have a problem with it.  

Tory MP Pill Gallie was the only one I ever saw regularly attend games. Although McDonalds are a sponsor, I don’t expect to see Ronald at every home game

Almost all sponsors who have went to see their board have had their pictures taken and posted on social media. I’m sure that if any other political party want to turn up, they will be afforded the same courtesy. 

27 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

What's been said? I'm not on Facebook so can't have a nosey.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tory MP Pill Gallie was the only one I ever saw regularly attend games. Although McDonalds are a sponsor, I don’t expect to see Ronald at every home game

Almost all sponsors who have went to see their board have had their pictures taken and posted on social media. I’m sure that if any other political party want to turn up, they will be afforded the same courtesy. 

Gallie had one for years.  I vaguely remember Sandra Osborne having one too, but maybe that didn’t last after she and her Scottish Labour pals shafted Barr and his stadium plans!!

24 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Gallie had one for years.  I vaguely remember Sandra Osborne having one too, but maybe that didn’t last after she and her Scottish Labour pals shafted Barr and his stadium plans!!

The infamous Sam Galbraith.

21 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I vaguely remember that. What was the reasoning behind the rejection? I remember my Papa being fuming about it.

The stadium rule to get into the top division was always a load of bollocks anyway. It was a rule with self-preservation at it's heart - the notion of denying teams promotion because of "health and safety concerns" about non-compliant stadia was a complete fabrication.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I vaguely remember that. What was the reasoning behind the rejection? I remember my Papa being fuming about it.

The stadium rule to get into the top division was always a load of bollocks anyway. It was a rule with self-preservation at it's heart - the notion of denying teams promotion because of "health and safety concerns" about non-compliant stadia was a complete fabrication.

I don’t think we ever really found out, but it certainly seemed that some scores were being settled with Barr by local politicians.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Galbraith was the Environment Minister and ignored both the Council and Executive's recommendation for the Heathfield retail park element which was what was subsidising the construction of the ground. He refused the planning permission which effectively sunk the project.

The real reasons were reckoned to be somewhat personal as Barr was a contributor to the Tories and his brother in law was the former secretary of state and senior cabinet member in George Younger.

Ironically Heathfield went ahead and we spent the next 25 years in Footballing oblivion.....

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Never agreed with a post more in my life. Allan Richardson showed himself to be as clear a fat, old knuckle dragging racist as possible on that page.

And I was pishing myself when Steven mackie blamed the community for not supporting his business when his strategy consisted of buying in beach balls before away games and trying to punt them.

Edited by AyrAtlanta