The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think Sizzlers is just a takeaway so if it's an Indian Takeaway you're getting get a Curry Leaf, best in Scotland and the UK.  Not making that up they did win they awards in March :lol:

Right that settles that. Curry leaf one night and Ayr India the next. 

Thanks everyone that chipped in.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Boys sorry to distract from the actual football chat, but is Sizzlers Indian any good? Going to be your way in a few weeks and was just told they were alright but this person also likes the taste of lemon drizzle cake so I can't trust them at all. Cheers.

Trust me, it was a welcome distraction !!

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s the most civilised conversation we’ve had on here in about six months. 

Waiting for a new member to claim your aw snowflakes and they've had food poisoning from every takeaway in Ayr.  

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Speaking of food poisoning, is Unos still in operation?

Never been back since the night of the 0-0 Hibs away match under Reid when they took advantage of my drunken state and gave me all my change in Euros and Cents.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Never been back since the night of the 0-0 Hibs away match under Reid when they took advantage of my drunken state and gave me all my change in Euros and Cents.

I haven't been back since probably around the same time. Gave me the volcanic eruptions.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

What is he actually like now as a RB/CM?

Was fine as both. Works hard, isnt that slow and decent on the ball. Definitely could play as a top flight player in either, and well.

Think he'd be a slight coup for any Championship side tbh.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was fine as both. Works hard, isnt that slow and decent on the ball. Definitely could play as a top flight player in either, and well.

Think he'd be a slight coup for any Championship side tbh.

Thanks - you wouldn’t expect him to get another top league team but I guess it depends on his family life etc whether he would want to move to England/back to Australia etc. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take McGowan but he’s not really what we need. If he was left footed and could play left back then I’d 100% take him. 

Personally think he is exactly what we need. 

The exact type of experience we need in the middle of the park, can play as a defensive midfielder, alongside our guys who have barely played a game in their career. If our new guys in the middle are good then he can then play RB and be far better than anyone we have in that position as well as being able to play CB in an emergency - particularly during AFCON. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Thanks - you wouldn’t expect him to get another top league team but I guess it depends on his family life etc whether he would want to move to England/back to Australia etc. 

Personally think he is exactly what we need. 

The exact type of experience we need in the middle of the park, can play as a defensive midfielder, alongside our guys who have barely played a game in their career. If our new guys in the middle are good then he can then play RB and be far better than anyone we have in that position as well as being able to play CB in an emergency - particularly during AFCON. 

100% for me.

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take McGowan but he’s not really what we need. If he was left footed and could play left back then I’d 100% take him. 

If we hadn't just signed Syla he'd be absolutely fine doing that role for us.  

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If we hadn't just signed Syla he'd be absolutely fine doing that role for us.  

I genuinely don’t know what we need in midfield because I have no idea what Syla offers and I’m not really sure what Young offers either based on his cameo.