The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

And he was excellent in the first half. 

Who are we behind in terms of recruitment exactly? At most we have one player left to come in. 

We have literally played three of the worst sides in the league. 

We have signed a whole midfield in the past 7 days. 
we probably have played two teams that will be fighting relegation with us but we have played them away. Inverness will improve.

Can’t recall ever being as angry at full time before. Just as well it was a lovely day on the East Coast.

It’s not a case of it’s Bullen’s fault or it’s Mathies fault, it’s a combination of both.

Taking your number 9 off whos just scored and replacing him with a guy who has done a deal with the Devil to have a career in football is the sign of a manager at the arse end of his tenure. Then there was the classic man down sub in Bryden. The bald fraud is a waste of a seat in the dugout.

Mathie got the boot at Hibs because Jack Ross wanted certain positions strengthened and he never got it. Sounds awfully familiar. He’ll be here to the end though so moaning about him is wasted breath.

We’ve been crying out for a man to take the ball off the defence. We have that now but that only moves the problem up a bit as we have no link between middle and front.

Oh and McGeady should really consider hanging his boots up. 3 or 4 shots in the first half I could’ve farted harder.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who are we behind in terms of recruitment exactly?

Behind in the sense that other clubs used their transfer windows to address deficiencies in the squad, whereas Ayr spent theirs hanging absolutely fucking everything on getting Chalmers back (not unlike the Mullin saga) and rolling dice on random part-timers in Step 7.

Anyway, I suppose this is the point where people find out if McGeady really was a stealth management replacement. Admittedly he isn't 52 though.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We have signed a whole midfield in the past 7 days. 
we probably have played two teams that will be fighting relegation with us but we have played them away. Inverness will improve.

So, what happens when we play teams that won’t be threatened with relegation?! 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Behind in the sense that other clubs used their transfer windows to address deficiencies in the squad, whereas Ayr spent theirs hanging absolutely fucking everything on getting Chalmers back (not unlike the Mullin saga) and rolling dice on random part-timers in Step 7.

Anyway, I suppose this is the point where people find out if McGeady really was a stealth management replacement. Admittedly he isn't 52 though.

It’s almost funny tbh - the recruitment has genuinely defied belief. 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How come you guys don't seem to say much on the match thread?  I didn't think Ayr were as bad as some of the last few pages make it sound.  I didn't think there was all that much between the teams.

Think we are all scunnered with how things are going we’d all prefer just to argue amongst ourselves. I never even opened the match thread this time and that’s very unusual for me 

Edited by ryanayr1987

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Inverness will improve.

That's inevitable, which gives me the absolute fear.

This is shaping up to be a long hard season. I'm not convinced we've got the players or manager for a relegation battle. No character.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How come you guys don't seem to say much on the match thread?  I didn't think Ayr were as bad as some of the last few pages make it sound.  I didn't think there was all that much between the teams.

It would just be overran with the type of posts that are happening in here rather than about the game it’s self

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You two are doing it wrong.

Bucky or Wattoo will be along shortly and I'm certain they will be able to find a real positive.

I expected us to be beaten today and stated last week that the time to judge would be the end of October given that we had such a new team and many weren't / aren't match sharp or used to playing with one another.

Yes, it's disappointing but there wasn't much between the teams and as always this league will be very tight.

Honestly, I can expect the crazy reactions from Rangers and Celtic fans when they lose games but the  anger on this thread is really becoming tiresome given that we're a mid table Championship side at best and with a bit of luck and a bit of additional investment we might better that but as it stands I really think some of you need a bit of realism....

Just now, WATTOO said:

I expected us to be beaten today and stated last week that the time to judge would be the end of October given that we had such a new team and many weren't / aren't match sharp or used to playing with one another.

Yes, it's disappointing but there wasn't much between the teams and as always this league will be very tight.

Honestly, I can expect the crazy reactions from Rangers and Celtic fans when they lose games but the  anger on this thread is really becoming tiresome given that we're a mid table Championship side at best and with a bit of luck and a bit of additional investment we might better that but as it stands I really think some of you need a bit of realism....

We were playing a side who finished towards the bottom last season, saying that there wasn’t much between the sides really isn’t a good thing…

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We were playing a side who finished towards the bottom last season, saying that there wasn’t much between the sides really isn’t a good thing…

The side who were one game away from promotion the season before if you want to play that game.

Nobody's cutting us open, we're conceding goals from basic setpieces.

Not good enough but far from the disaster some would make you believe. Nobody gets relegated in September.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The side who were one game away from promotion the season before if you want to play that game.

Nobody's cutting us open, we're conceding goals from basic setpieces.

Not good enough but far from the disaster some would make you believe. Nobody gets relegated in September.

Amazingly, last season bears more relevance than the season before. 

I’m not sure where I said anyone did but if you can’t see the shambles the club have made of the summer then you are utterly blind to it. We have addressed zero weaknesses and regressed in most other positions. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Yes, but what I don't get is that prior to the match the last few days have been spent by most on here describing how bad we are, how short in certain areas we are, how the new guys are probably not up to it, how we're probably going to get thrashed, how bad Bullen is, etc, etc.

So, we then go up to Arbroath compete well enough but get beaten by the odd goal and everyone seems shocked and even more outraged even though they supposedly expected it ??

As I say, judge us at the end of October once the new guys are bedded in and Murphy is back and then we should really know where we stand and what our expectations should be for the rest of the season.

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Most people on here won't have been in the 200+ away support. They'll have been listening to the radio updates or stuck waiting for VOR on Twitter.

The ones who did go don't appear to be especially happy with it.

The important thing is perspective. Ayr were allegedly a much better side than Arbroath last season. To already be back in a position where Gayfield means likely getting beat is a strong indication of how poorly run the club has been over the summer.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, but what I don't get is that prior to the match the last few days have been spent by most on here describing how bad we are, how short in certain areas we are, how the new guys are probably not up to it, how we're probably going to get thrashed, how bad Bullen is, etc, etc.

So, we then go up to Arbroath compete well enough but get beaten by the odd goal and everyone seems shocked and even more outraged even though they supposedly expected it ??

As I say, judge us at the end of October once the new guys are bedded in and Murphy is back and then we should really know where we stand and what our expectations should be for the rest of the season.

I don’t see why we should wait until October to set our expectations - what sort of plan is that! My expectation is to fight for the promotion play off positions and that won’t change tbh.