The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a friendly, if it was a competitive game, I’d agree. 
As long as all Ayr fans that want to go get a ticket and the Celtic fans in the Ayr end are respectful, I couldn’t care less 

Got to love the world in 2024.

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

It was posted last week the dates of all the tickets going on sale, seems to be a lot of people saying they didn't know. Granted i don't rely on email notifications cause i've got social media but i don't know if no emails were sent out if that's been the issue?

Yeah I knew the date and stuff, just never got anything sent to me.

5 minutes ago, JOMT said:

Got to love the world in 2024.

It is the world Ayr are in. Potentially £150,000 for an Ayr team that will barely have a new face in it, playing a Celtic reserve team.

Paint on a smile and count the cash. The real stuff starts a couple of weeks later and the money made from this game could make that a whole lot better. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

It is the world Ayr are in. Potentially £150,000 for an Ayr team that will barely have a new face in it, playing a Celtic reserve team.

Paint on a smile and count the cash. The real stuff starts a couple of weeks later and the money made from this game could make that a whole lot better. 

Some things are more important than money. 

I'm not overly bothered but i can see why it'll rile up some supporters.

More worried about the fact this is clearly causing a divide amongst the support base so far going into a season where we need to be all together going in the one direction...

5 minutes ago, JOMT said:

True

But friendlies are not. Especially to clubs at our level. 

I've been at a few Livi games, cup and league over the years where we've taken more fans up than the home support... if livi could have sold Us all their seats for they games, they would have. I detest the O.F. (Clearly) But take their money, keep it in South Ayrshire, rather than it going out of the shire to Ggow for a change.... as I and many have said, if it was a cup game.... this would be totally different stance.

Posted (edited)

Seen that Hamilton are charging £26 for a ticket next season. £52 for two people is totally wild for a team coming out of league one.

I dunno how much we'll be but hopefully we can remain the same price.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

36 minutes ago, stressball said:

Reckon the Celtic friendly will be an absolute sell out.

Fairly disappointed in how we went about selling tickets as nothing ever really got emailed out to say they were on sale.

Just a wee news article further down the Celtic site, so missed out.

Luckily, and now I’ll get flak, my partner is an Ayr fan and her dad has opted not to go so I’ll be getting his ticket.

Nobody on here cares, the knuckle draggers on Facebook will take the rage bait though.  

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Seen that Hamilton are charging £26 for a ticket next season. £52 for two people is totally wild for a team coming out of league one.

I dunno how much we'll be but hopefully we can remain the same price.

There shouldn't be any reason for ours to increase, season ticket was the same price.  

24 minutes ago, JOMT said:

We aren’t moving season ticket holders out of not only their seats but the stand they sit in to accommodate them. 
We aren’t giving up a home advantage to anyone. 
We are going to potentially sell out Somerset for the first time in about 30 years and keep more than 50% of the gate money. 
There is nothing we or the club can do to stop it happening so why are you looking at it like the club are somehow disgracing their name here? 

1 minute ago, stressball said:

Excellent!

I mean I can't speak for all obviously but nobody has been up in arms, generally looks like (on here) being viewed as a fundraiser for our budget basically.  So as much cash in any form is grand :lol:

Just now, itzdrk said:

I mean I can't speak for all obviously but nobody has been up in arms, generally looks like (on here) being viewed as a fundraiser for our budget basically.  So as much cash in any form is grand :lol:

But but……we shouldn’t need to because our megabucks chairman is bankrolling us

We haven’t signed anyone since Saturday so we’ve clearly spunked our budget on Oakley and Dowds. 

Irrelevant non competitive game, give me that cash so we can get Richard Nettlesworth up on loan from Chorley.  

Competitive game, no thank you.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Irrelevant non competitive game, give me that cash so we can get Richard Nettlesworth up on loan from Chorley.  

Competitive game, no thank you.  

I Googled to see if he was a real person.