The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Another long term injury from non contact in training (McAvoy) really begins to question if training is too gung ho but I'm not getting into that.

He just went over on his ankle with no one near him , 

Adeloye should be invited to see how fit he is. If Brown thinks he can get him ready soon enough then bring him in if it’s going to be march then cut him loose. I think he and Oakley would absolutely destroy this league if fit. Really gutted for Dowds. Hopefully he re-signs for next year when we are in the prem 

Down to the bare bones but this squad still refuses to quit week after week.

Encouraginly, we're still carrying a threat in the attacking third and it's a case of hanging in there and grinding out performances from game to game until we get the majority of the injured players back in the squad.

Right now is when the team really need our backing. 

The issue I see with Oakley and Adeloye is I think they are too similar, both aren’t really 90 minute players especially considering how Brown wants his players constantly moving , Oakley can be if he conserves his energy but most times Oakley is getting subbed off  meanwhile Adeloye never has been a runner he would work better playing alongside Dowds then Oakley

16 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

The issue I see with Oakley and Adeloye is I think they are too similar, both aren’t really 90 minute players especially considering how Brown wants his players constantly moving , Oakley can be if he conserves his energy but most times Oakley is getting subbed off  meanwhile Adeloye never has been a runner he would work better playing alongside Dowds then Oakley

I disagree, where we went wrong when Adeloye was here was no one was ever close to him. He is a deadly finisher as seen last season at partick. He was asked to do all the work up top in his time here, play him alongside Oakley he would do absolutely fine. I don’t think they are too similar- remember people said the same with Dowds and Oakley 

Doubt it’s the training.  Devlin, Musonda and McAvoy have a track record of injuries so no great surprise they’re had problems.  Dowds is just bad luck.  Doesn’t sound like Rus, Murphy or McMann are particularly long term.  I’ve seen Bavidge 3 times now and he’s shown absolutely nothing. Still time, but we’re probably back to Mark McKenzie.  

Not sure what Brown’s beef with Syla is - added real energy when he came on.  Rowley was woeful and I don’t really get why we wasted a contract on Hastie - he’s at least a yard too slow for the championship.  For all the abuse he gets, McAllister hasn’t put a foot wrong in his last 2 games.  

But in the end, you can’t beat bad luck.  Brown has mostly done well since coming in, but not a lot we can do with the injuries.  Unfortunately the squad players we’ve signed look largely very poor and aren’t going to be able to compensate for the quality we’re missing.