The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Afternoon all,

I'm delighted to say I've been given the green light to interview your very own George Oakley next Tuesday for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview". Great to finally get involved with the club and have another Championship player on after Dom Thomas back in May.

You guys are the priority here, this interview is for you and I want to involve you all as much as possible. Are there any questions you have for George regarding his career/life or his time at the club thus far. Maybe there's a general topic/issue you'd like raised, see it as an opportunity to get that wee bit closer to the club and hear from one of the men at the very centre of it currently.

I want this to be the best possible interview, and any help you guys can bring will only bolster the end product when it's released. If you're interested in hearing how we do things on the pod, search the show up on Youtube or Spotify and follow it so you'll be first to know about it when released. I've just released a cracker with Bobby Linn today if that interests any of you.

All the best in the title charge!

Would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the management team and how it differs from his time at Morton. How did Ayr manage to prize him away from Morton, less the money he was offered and more what sort of ‘sales’ pitch about Ayr and its ambitions he was given. Does he think there is enough jam in the empire biscuits on sale on matchdays and wtf did McGeady actually do. I’m off to listen to your previous offerings.

20 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Afternoon all,

I'm delighted to say I've been given the green light to interview your very own George Oakley next Tuesday for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview". Great to finally get involved with the club and have another Championship player on after Dom Thomas back in May.

You guys are the priority here, this interview is for you and I want to involve you all as much as possible. Are there any questions you have for George regarding his career/life or his time at the club thus far. Maybe there's a general topic/issue you'd like raised, see it as an opportunity to get that wee bit closer to the club and hear from one of the men at the very centre of it currently.

I want this to be the best possible interview, and any help you guys can bring will only bolster the end product when it's released. If you're interested in hearing how we do things on the pod, search the show up on Youtube or Spotify and follow it so you'll be first to know about it when released. I've just released a cracker with Bobby Linn today if that interests any of you.

All the best in the title charge!

Ask him why is he is so handsome. 

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Can he sign if he was released after the window closed ? Theoretically Hearts could release Shankland and we could sign him, I’m sure he has to wait until the next window. 

Although there may be a loophole if he hasn’t played or maybe he was released yesterday and that was the last day. The more I think about it, he’ll probably be able to. 

That is a rule, but it only applies above a certain level, which i think is the SPFL. So he could sign for anyone below League Two, and he does reek of East Kilbride Football Club. 

29 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the management team and how it differs from his time at Morton. How did Ayr manage to prize him away from Morton, less the money he was offered and more what sort of ‘sales’ pitch about Ayr and its ambitions he was given. Does he think there is enough jam in the empire biscuits on sale on matchdays and wtf did McGeady actually do. I’m off to listen to your previous offerings.

You're not looking for a career in script writing are you? 😆 these are very much the questions I like to ask, a wee bit deeper than the usual dross in the media (I am referring to, of course your question on the empire biscuits, Open Goal would never). I hope you enjoy what else I have to offer mate, slowly building 🤞

22 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Why do you think I asked for an interview in the first place 😅 Nice starter question to throw him straight into the deep end straight away eh

In 1984 I gave Big Gerry Collins a couple of cuddles at Boghead after scoring to keep Ayr United away from relegation.

Imagine the scenes..........................................................