The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Nelson said:

In McAllister’s defence, Muirhead had a lot to do to score - sublime finish really.  On another day he might have got away with it.  

Bit like the one Scotland lost against Switzerland in the euros

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

you cant say you weren't well warned about Mr Oakley tbf.

I've seen Oakley play loads, knew what we were getting. Wasn't meant to be the main main though.

1 hour ago, Rodders1910 said:

I don't really find it scunnering. I would've taken a mid table finish at the start of the season. Considering how bad we were last season and the squad turnover required, I was expecting it to take a couple of seasons to get to a position where we can mount a proper title challenge. The good start got our hopes up but I'm fairly content with where we are at the moment.

We finished one point behind fifth last season, so mid table this season wouldn’t actually be any kind of improvement. Unless of course, you are including fourth in mid table - I nabe no idea why anyone would take below fourth at the start of the season.

Finishing third has always been a more than reasonable target for this season. Anything below fourth would be pretty poor. Particularly given the make up of the league this season. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

No one should be lumped in with McAllister. I think he passed to an Ayr player once in that first half. 

We would not have lost that game if he had grasped the concept of passing to a player wearing the same colour of shirt.

Feel a wee bit sorry for McAllister.  With 5 centre backs on our books (Stanger, Musonda, McMann, Devlin and McAvoy), you’d have no expectation he’d be playing centre back this season.  He’s filled in pretty well over the last 5/6 games, but he’s made a sloppy pass and Muirhead has dug out a ridiculous finish.  Our drop off in form in recent weeks hasn’t really been down to the defence leaking goals

I suppose scapegoating McAllister is useful in that it paints over the very obvious deficiencies in the rest of the team.  Hopefully we’ll get our own highlights package up soon and I can have a look at the 5 clear cut chances I don’t remember.  

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Feel a wee bit sorry for McAllister.  With 5 centre backs on our books (Stanger, Musonda, McMann, Devlin and McAvoy), you’d have no expectation he’d be playing centre back this season.  He’s filled in pretty well over the last 5/6 games, but he’s made a sloppy pass and Muirhead has dug out a ridiculous finish.  Our drop off in form in recent weeks hasn’t really been down to the defence leaking goals

I suppose scapegoating McAllister is useful in that it paints over the very obvious deficiencies in the rest of the team.  Hopefully we’ll get our own highlights package up soon and I can have a look at the 5 clear cut chances I don’t remember.  

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I don’t see where the very obvious deficiencies are besides our forwards being wasteful with chances. 

We lost that game yesterday because of those chances and because McAllister passed a ball directly to the Livi player and made very little attempt to close Muirhead down. He’s been scoring goals like that for years at Morton. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

McAllister isn't being scapegoated, far from it.

The profligate play at the top end cost us the game yesterday. Despite McAllisters passing deficiency. He was rightly hooked at half time.

It was a bad mistake no question and it did seem like his confidence collapsed after that.  Plenty of blame to go round for the 2nd.  Maybe I’m just a bit soft, but i did feel a bit sorry for him.  He’s an honest trier who should have been released in the Summer - retaining him was another dubious signing decision that Brown has to own.

Have seen us lose by the odd goal many a time but yesterday was very close to being a lucky result for Livvi. We'll play worse and win (eg start of the season against Falkirk) and with a bit more accuracy we'd have got an equaliser. Who knows what would have happened then. Thought their 'keeper had a great game.

Onwards to the Airdrie BNP 🤨  

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It was a bad mistake no question and it did seem like his confidence collapsed after that.  Plenty of blame to go round for the 2nd.  Maybe I’m just a bit soft, but i did feel a bit sorry for him.  He’s an honest trier who should have been released in the Summer - retaining him was another dubious signing decision that Brown has to own.

There is no doubt it affected him but even ignoring that mistake his pass completion was really bad before and after it. He does give 100% and no-one can question his commitment.

I would have released him as well tbf but was expecting him to be a squad player. He's been played too much. Now that McMann is back he should be on the bench.

We need to get firing again. Henderson & Rus need to get more involved as well. Dowds is a huge miss but those two haven't been hitting the same levels.

Subject change - Brown seems to have found Dempsey's best position he is fantastic as a deep lying playmaker. 

Edited by Trogdor