Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

On 31/08/2018 at 22:04, KH7 said:

Well just back from an incredible game of football, Kelty's young guns playing against Partick thistle in the Scottish FA Youth cup. Although some of the boys were a bit nervous and having only had 2 training sessions together , they did do rather well, down 2-1 at half time, they came out all guns blazing in the second half to win 5-3. :thumsup2

That was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. You wouldn't think from watching Kelty that they hand't been training together long, it was a great performance and the 4th goal in particular was a belter. It was great to hear the lads buzzing as they went into the dressing room at the end. 

6 minutes ago, KHFC said:

That was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. You wouldn't think from watching Kelty that they hand't been training together long, it was a great performance and the 4th goal in particular was a belter. It was great to hear the lads buzzing as they went into the dressing room at the end. 

I think they were buzzing as they found out there was Pizza waiting for them in the dressing room !:lol: Was speaking to Thomas Courts after the game, and he was really pleased, some cracking players coming through the ranks.  my favourite goal was the lob from distance on the goalkeeper, although the free kick wasn't to shabby. 

35 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Four changes from Saturdays game saw Leighton, Ritchie, Mutch and M Gay start with Ford, Courts, Dalziel and Nimmo getting a well deserved rest. Comfortable win, also gave O'Hare and Chris Gay much needed game time and also  Woods from the u-20s get a run in the second half as well.

Woods is some prospect. He was excellent when he came on. Good win with a few Edinburgh fans commenting on high the standard was from us which was good to hear.

Headed over for the game tonight. Thought Edinburgh United did pretty well for the first half hour but once they conceded the 2nd it certainly escalated quickly. Kelty are a quality side. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Woods was very impressive when he came on. We didn't see much defensively from him such was the nature of the game but he looked very comfortable with the ball at his feet and was looking to make things happen rather than quietly blend in which is always a good sign when making a step up. I think the current starting eleven is just about right but it's good to see there are plenty of good, reliable options. 

I actually don't think Edinburgh as a team were as poor as the scoreline suggested. I've seen plenty of drubbings where the losing side has completely fallen apart and spent the game chasing the ball around. It wasn't a shambles and Edinburgh can take some positives from the game IMO. 

Massive 'well done' to Kelty who last night beamed the game live on Youtube.  To be fair to the club, they are outdoing the majority of the so called big teams in Scottish football with their inventiveness and pro-active actions.

I am not sure any team can take any positives from being trounced 8-0, it was a complete mis match in quality all night and reminded me of a few games last season, thankfully the lowland league is far more competitive and games are much better to watch.

9 hours ago, KHFC said:

Woods was very impressive when he came on. We didn't see much defensively from him such was the nature of the game but he looked very comfortable with the ball at his feet and was looking to make things happen rather than quietly blend in which is always a good sign when making a step up. I think the current starting eleven is just about right but it's good to see there are plenty of good, reliable options. 

I actually don't think Edinburgh as a team were as poor as the scoreline suggested. I've seen plenty of drubbings where the losing side has completely fallen apart and spent the game chasing the ball around. It wasn't a shambles and Edinburgh can take some positives from the game IMO. 

Edinburgh kept working - fair play to them!

Looking at the under 20s overall there are another 2 or 3 that alongside Mutch and Woods will really push the current senior squad for places over this season and next I think.  The young boy Archie Roux looks like a great player.  Positive signs - can't beat young boys coming through the ranks no matter where it is.

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Massive 'well done' to Kelty who last night beamed the game live on Youtube.  To be fair to the club, they are outdoing the majority of the so called big teams in Scottish football with their inventiveness and pro-active actions.

This is something they are looking to do long term- sounds great and could be another earner. 

15 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

What happens when they catch fans on camera who do not give consent? Will away fans need to sign a disclaimer upon entry?

I'd expect the answer to be "absolutely nothing" and "No" respectively. I don't imagine anyone going to this game will have a legitimate expectation of privacy. 

I'd expect the answer to be "absolutely nothing" and "No" respectively. I don't imagine anyone going to this game will have a legitimate expectation of privacy. 
Just asking mate cheers x
You will just have to keep your tap an ... [emoji38] 
Good advice mate. Dont fancy being touched by all those webbed fingers over in fife

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Just asking mate cheers x
Good advice mate. Dont fancy being touched by all those webbed fingers over in fife

No worries squire. I was concerned the East Stirling support might have been planning some kind of mass lawsuit/fundraiser due to being filmed without their permission. Its a no goer im afraid, but you could try having an accident that isn't your fault or get yourselves missold PPI. Thats where the real money is. 

No worries squire. I was concerned the East Stirling support might have been planning some kind of mass lawsuit/fundraiser due to being filmed without their permission. Its a no goer im afraid, but you could try having an accident that isn't your fault or get yourselves missold PPI. Thats where the real money is. 
I've already done them twice. Im just waiting on my share of the Nigerian Prince's frozen bank account then we'll be loaded!

Here’s the link to my photos & match report

https://www.kayemphoto.co.uk/single-post/2018/09/06/Kelty-Are-Just-Gr-eight

IMG_0522.jpg