The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

I agree with the poster that on Saturday we kept the ball a lot but if you are going to play that way you are going to eventually have to pick out the killer pass. On Saturday on several occasions though we lost possession before getting a chance to do that and invited danger onto ourselves on the counter. For me after we went a goal down we started to play with a bit more directness and it paid. No bad thing though to be able to play to different styles. Watching the warm up I thought our shooting practice was terrific and I would have liked to have seen our midfielders playing balls forward and expecting to get a ball back to run onto and have a dig. Early days but encouraging signs.

Does anyone know what happened to Tony Quinn? I seem to remember a bit of noise on the club's website and Facebook page a while back when he retired from playing and joined the coaching staff, but he seemed to disappear from the dugout months ago with no explanation given. I'd actually forgotten about him being on the coaching staff until I saw him sitting in the stand on Saturday. Is he still involved with the club or has he quietly parted ways?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

What’s the story with the development/reserve leagues this year? Some sort of restructure or am I imagining reading that?

The former under 20's league is now called the reserves league I believe, a few teams have dropped out the set up 

Does anyone know what happened to Tony Quinn? I seem to remember a bit of noise on the club's website and Facebook page a while back when he retired from playing and joined the coaching staff, but he seemed to disappear from the dugout months ago with no explanation given. I'd actually forgotten about him being on the coaching staff until I saw him sitting in the stand on Saturday. Is he still involved with the club or has he quietly parted ways?
I believe he now has commitments outside of football which require his time.

St Mirren fans will be down in the normal away section, tomorrow. Hope the stewarding is better than it was at the Dunfermline game, which was an absolute free for all in terms of segregation. 

St Mirren fans will be down in the normal away section, tomorrow. Hope the stewarding is better than it was at the Dunfermline game, which was an absolute free for all in terms of segregation. 
Just make sure you're tooled up just in case!

1 hour ago, an86 said:

They will be easily recognisable. They'll be wearing black and white scarves!

You mean people were all over the place trying to get a decent view ? Tell them not to bother there ain't one

Going by this thread, the Clyde fans just can’t get enough of the famous QPFC. You can tell just how much we’ve been dominating their thoughts over the past two seasons. Don’t worry, lads. We’re back and, as agonising as the wait will be,  you’ll get to play us very soon.

Going by this thread, the Clyde fans just can’t get enough of the famous QPFC. You can tell just how much we’ve been dominating their thoughts over the past two seasons. Don’t worry, lads. We’re back and, as agonising as the wait will be,  you’ll get to play us very soon.
Where hampden ?

Regarding the game today, gutted for the lads. A brilliant overall performance and if we play like that week in week out we could have the league wrapped up. 

Penalties were p*sh but I can't complain, I'd imagine Gus has other more important sessions for training.

That said however, I have never seen A player so inept as Sharpe there, couldn't maintain his positioning, poor first touch. He's got to be better! 

Pass marks for all :)

Magnificent from start to finish. We’ve a team peppered with guys who were playing junior/non league last season, along with guys who didn’t play a lot of football and some of the relegated squad. None of them could have given more.

Given the status of both teams, chances created and desire to win the game, I don’t think a single Saints fan could have felt robbed if we’d won that game.

Could mention any player in terms of positives. The whole back four and Hart were solid, but Gav Lachlan was superb at right back, which isn’t even his natural position. 

In terms of the season, the League Cup doesn’t mean an awful lot but that’s hopefully given us some belief to move forward with. Well done, QP.

Edited by an86

Really enjoyed the game tonight. Well organised and every player knew there job.  Defence looks solid with the confidence of a good goalkeeper.  Kurtis Roberts after 3 games looks like a cracking find of a player. Gav at right back was fantastic. Smart up top ran himself ragged for 60 minutes.  Even the sub's came on and done there jobs and were so unlucky not to grab the winner with the last minute. Young McGrory taking a pressure penalty shows he has some balls for a young age. Really looking forward to the season now after a few cup games. Still to see some of the other new guys but they find it hard to get in initially.