The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

30 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Nobody heard anything about possible new manager yet?

The deadline for applications is 2 October, so other than speculation as to who might have applied there won't be much news until after then and certainly nothing from the club.

Edited by Chester Desmond

57 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Some people are unreal, imagine having a go at the media team who give up their time and do a fantastic job as others have said. Get a grip!

Could not agree more the work Sean does for our club is fantastic. He tries to get the interviews up within 24 hours, so Gibby was visibly pissed off after Saturdays inept performance. I think it was a good idea to show how frustrated he was.  It shows how much our captain feels about the situation at this time, we need a manager in pronto. Thought a lot of our players played as individuals on Saturday as the shakkells were off with Gus leaving. We have to play as a team at this level, we are not good enough to play as individuals.

My team on sat if fit would be. 

Hart

Lachlan Gibby Gerry Ciaran

Jambo

Smart  Kurtis MacLean

Hawke East 

I’d like to see Peters get more of a run. Maybe bring him in for MacLean.

Hart

Grant Gerry Gibby Summers

Jambo

Lachlan   Roberts

Smart                                 Peters

Hawke

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Hart

Jambo

Lachlan   Roberts

Hawke

Two strikers out wide?

Image result for gardner speirs

I too think that they do a great job in getting the highlights and interviews out so quickly. My two problems are putting out that interview with Scott and the use of statements instead of questions. Some of the BBC interviewers use this so often that it's like they are interviewing themselves. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Hart

Jambo

Lachlan   Roberts

Hawke

You going for the big job too?

Hawke's already stated he "likes to play off the striker". It is a hellishly lonely position sometimes, striker that is. I've lost confidence in Smart I'm afraid. Loses posession too much.  Billy looked more the part as a winger too. Part of the problem on Saturday was Jambo too far forward (and the defence far too deep) but I can't figure out if that's what he or Roberts wanted.  Dean Kindlan looked a good pairing with Jambo. Completely lost the thread on who is or isn't fit. Quite alarming so early in the season.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You going for the big job too?

Hawke's already stated he "likes to play off the striker". It is a hellishly lonely position sometimes, striker that is. I've lost confidence in Smart I'm afraid. Loses posession too much.  Billy looked more the part as a winger too. Part of the problem on Saturday was Jambo too far forward (and the defence far too deep) but I can't figure out if that's what he or Roberts wanted.  Dean Kindlan looked a good pairing with Jambo. Completely lost the thread on who is or isn't fit. Quite alarming so early in the season.

Problem is we don’t have a goalscorer and need to try something. Hawke, Peters, East, whoever.

Mortimer works exceptionally hard, but he’s never a number 9. He has done alright out on the right, so wouldn’t be against Smart dropping out and Billy playing in there.

We need to find the combination of attacking players that works best, if that combination even exists at all.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I too think that they do a great job in getting the highlights and interviews out so quickly. My two problems are putting out that interview with Scott and the use of statements instead of questions. Some of the BBC interviewers use this so often that it's like they are interviewing themselves. 

The clips had 194 hits on YouTube so it's not going to crush anyone. Even the Daily Record haven't shown an interest. I gave a high-five to the media "team" a couple of weeks ago. This season's been a big improvement all round inlcuding the match programme end e mails etc. I'll still watch me making an arse of myself at TNS long after I've forgotten about Gibby having a bad day. I'm sure our Arthur Montford will learn like everyone does at their job. He might even welcome a bit of feedback. It's hard to row the boat and fix it at the same time. :)   

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

Problem is we don’t have a goalscorer and need to try something. Hawke, Peters, East, whoever.

Mortimer works exceptionally hard, but he’s never a number 9. He has done alright out on the right, so wouldn’t be against Smart dropping out and Billy playing in there.

We need to find the combination of attacking players that works best, if that combination even exists at all.

I think that big laddie at Spurs likes to "play off the striker" too. Maybe Hawke will rise to the opportunity then.  Ironic we've got a coach who played that position and we're debating who can score the goals.

Better news guys. Was at Lesser tonight, the 20's/reserves/strollers were playing Berwick Rangers, it was 5-0 to Queen's when I left (ended 5-1) but just witnessed the best individual QP display since Brian Mcphee scored 5 v East Fife (ended 5-5!) Take a bow, Euan East (4), every time he got the ball looked like he would score. A display full of pace, trickery and great shooting ability. However, Berwick were poor but surely should be given a chance in first team on this display.

13 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Better news guys. Was at Lesser tonight, the 20's/reserves/strollers were playing Berwick Rangers, it was 5-0 to Queen's when I left (ended 5-1) but just witnessed the best individual QP display since Brian Mcphee scored 5 v East Fife (ended 5-5!) Take a bow, Euan East (4), every time he got the ball looked like he would score. A display full of pace, trickery and great shooting ability. However, Berwick were poor but surely should be given a chance in first team on this display.

Nothing at all to lose by starting him on Saturday. Worst case scenario is that he doesn’t score, which wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for a QP number 9.

21 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Should also say that he wore the no 11 jersey (left midfield) and cut in on his right foot and was more dangerous coming from deep. He certainly wont play lone striker role.

Even guys who bang in four goals refuse to be strikers. 

18 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

but just witnessed the best individual QP display since Brian Mcphee scored 5 v East Fife (ended 5-5!) 

McPhee got 4 that day ( John O'Neill got the other one ),but yes, he was amazing that day

Of course Longworth scored 4 at home to Elgin but I missed that one so can't comment....

Nothing to lose by starting East, as long as our more experienced players put in a decent display and give him the support he will need 

Good to see that some of our support are as fickle as ever

Players who only a couple of weeks ago were getting lauded as heroes are now getting labelled "cowards"

Certain posters were highly critical of MacPherson's no-nonsense style of management, now some are getting their knickers in a twist about an alleged lack of discipline in the dressing room since he left.  

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Alleged being the key word. I’d have been concerned if it was all shits and giggles but after two poor games I’d expect some frustration. 

Exactly. Of course there was never any arguments in the dressing room between players when Gus was in charge.....or Speirs....or Stark....or Brannigan...or Cowboy...or McCann...or Eddie.

No older player ever shouted at the likes of Alex Ferguson, Peter Buchanan, Malky Mackay, John McGregor, Ross Caven when they were youngsters :bairn  

Edited by Mick1867