The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

11 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Will there be highlights of the weekend's game up on Youtube?

QPTV did a couple of post-match interviews but I think the match itself is down to the home team. Couldn't see any camera up in the gantry on the far side. BuddieVision (genius stuff) is paid subscription. If it does turn up somewhere I'll stick it up here.

Irn Bru Cup quarter final draw today at 1pm. Think it's live on Facebook

Away to Bohemians would be magnificent but we'll probably end up in Fife ( supposed to be away to Cowden that weekend anyway)

Edited by Mick1867

26 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Irn Bru Cup quarter final draw today at 1pm. Think it's live on Facebook

Away to Bohemians would be magnificent but we'll probably end up in Fife ( supposed to be away to Cowden that weekend anyway)

Just delighted to still be in it. Apart from Ross County, I think we are capable of beating any of the rest. When was the last time we progressed through 4 rounds of the same Cup competition?

41 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Connah Quay Druids at Hampden. Interesting as S4C will want to televise this and they normally take the Saturday evening slot.

An interesting conversation to be had with the SFA regarding this!

Hope we tell them to f**k right off. 

Might be a 1700 kick off if on the box as Albania v Scotland at 1945 (although it would be a good excuse not to suffer that potential dross)

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Just delighted to still be in it. Apart from Ross County, I think we are capable of beating any of the rest. When was the last time we progressed through 4 rounds of the same Cup competition?

When we reached the Scottish Cup quarter final in 1983?

Of course we've twice reached the semis of this tournament but "only" had to win 3 games to get there under the old format  

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As a fixture, not the worst draw by far but as we know Hampden can sometimes give other teams a lift. We have a chance.

No danger of the Scotland game being moved so we're reliant on the SPFL letting S4C they need to move their weekly Spors programme. Aye, right.

I’m sure someone ended up playing in Wales early on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon on TV. Possibly the first season of this format.

Edited by an86

I’m sure someone ended up playing in Wales early on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon on TV. Possibly the first season of this format.

They seem to do rugby at the 5pm slot and fitba after that. Maybe the earlier change was pre-season? Still, as Mick1867 says it's a no-contest in terms of viewing choice. At least our lads will give it all.

1 hour ago, harlowspider said:

And lost to Forfar. Derek Wood missed a sitter to make to 2-0 QP.

That was the quarter final in 1982.

We lost to Rangers 1-2 at Hampden in 1983, at least one of their goals was miles offside. Jimmy Gilmour pulled one back from the spot after Big Lexie Grant got pushed

Edited by Mick1867

When we reached the Scottish Cup quarter final in 1983?
Of course we've twice reached the semis of this tournament but "only" had to win 3 games to get there under the old format  

82-83 we did indeed make the quarter final but that was only our third tie having skipped the first two rounds thanks to our higher league position.
85-86 we played four rounds but started in the first round so last 16 was the highest level.

Lost to Rangers 2-1 and then Celtic 2-1.

Far too much time on my hands this week.

11 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

85-86 we played four rounds but started in the first round so last 16 was the highest level.

and then Celtic 2-1.

Should have won that day at Parkhead. Mark Smith on the wing gave  McGrain a torrid time. Missed some great chances first half before Jimmy Boyle smashed his penalty home early in the second half, absolute scenes. We then lost 2 poor headers from corners ( McClair and Aitken) Desi Walker only had Latchford to beat in the last minute, slipped the ball under his body but it dribbled past the far post. Went home that day a very gutted but proud 14 year old. We had some team that season, played really exciting attacking football  

Edited by Mick1867