Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Now with all teams confirmed for League Two. Are/will Forfar be favourites?

I thought we were favourites this season so...🥴

the positive for us is the two teams coming down and 2nd place Dumbarton all seem to be in some sort of turmoil either behind the scenes or on the pitch, so based on that we have to considered at least top 3 candidates to win although we usually love a 2nd place play off final win 😆

11 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Too early to say but it'll be an interesting league, reckon all 10 teams will be aiming for top 4.

You're correct it's too early but for me going on absolutely nothing but vibes I think it could be a battle between Forfar, Stenny & Dumbarton.

I imagine Peterhead & Clyde would like to consider themselves in the fight.

My speculation will almost inevitably change the closer we get to the opening day of the 23/24 L2 season.

16 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Now with all teams confirmed for League Two. Are/will Forfar be favourites?

Should be.

Between us, Stenny and East Fife possibly, could shout for Dumbarton but they might still be on their wee downfall.

Our main worry will be Stenny but if Aitken is their starter striker won’t have much to worry about 😂, just need to wait and see who we bring in.

We need a 15-20+ goals per season striker

3 minutes ago, AberhillLoyal said:

Love Station Park, and deeply envious of your covered terracing. It would just finish Bayview off a treat. 

All Bayview needs to be a semi decent stadium is a fence around the pitch and access to stand around the ground. Hate the modern, one stand only monstrosities 

Just now, lwh said:

All Bayview needs to be a semi decent stadium is a fence around the pitch and access to stand around the ground. Hate the modern, one stand only monstrosities 

Yeah that alone would up our ground capacity 50%. 
and maybe lure a few back. 

49 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Should be.

Between us, Stenny and East Fife possibly, could shout for Dumbarton but they might still be on their wee downfall.

Our main worry will be Stenny but if Aitken is their starter striker won’t have much to worry about 😂, just need to wait and see who we bring in.

We need a 15-20+ goals per season striker

There's absolutely nothing to say we should be favourites. Haven't even made a signing yet.

Significantly closer to 10th than 1st season just finished. Every club should be aiming to challenge, but proclaiming anyone as favourites this early is hubris in the extreme.

38 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Probably Ben Armour

If their plan is to rebuild the attack of the fifth best team in the league I don’t think they’ll be in any title conversation 

12 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Hope not, yes he was a good player but 9 goals a season for a striker which is the same amount Andy Munro got last season, that just isn’t good enough. Need someone better

Which is why you'd be happy I'd be linking him with signing for stenhousmuir, I'd imagine.