Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

29 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

Not anything too surprising there, maybe Flanagan and docherty for versatility/experience? But apart from that seems like we want to keep Kennedy, Moore and Ross which I do as well so can't complain really.

With the obvious exception of Slater not too bothered by any of these players leaving. We have been fairly hapless for 18 months or so and it was clear we had very little goals in the team, had to be addressed to do anything next season.

Of course it depends who comes in whether we are improving or not.

Wouldn’t particularly want Denholm or Milne back – both have been here twice already, no need for a third term in my opinion. Nothing against either but would prefer we tried other options.

Main thing from that post on Facebook is that it appears McKinnon is staying and preparing for next season – will be interesting what kind of squad he can assemble.

5 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

With the obvious exception of Slater not too bothered by any of these players leaving. We have been fairly hapless for 18 months or so and it was clear we had very little goals in the team, had to be addressed to do anything next season.

Of course it depends who comes in whether we are improving or not.

Wouldn’t particularly want Denholm or Milne back – both have been here twice already, no need for a third term in my opinion. Nothing against either but would prefer we tried other options.

Main thing from that post on Facebook is that it appears McKinnon is staying and preparing for next season – will be interesting what kind of squad he can assemble.

If McKinnon is staying, he clearly thinks Forfar can win the league next season.

Mind you, so did Irvine.

Is it just Moore, Ross and Kennedy not mentioned?

Ross started off really lively but fell of massively, could come good in a better team.

Still think there’s a player in Moore. Was as good as you can be in a really shite league one team, and there’s occasionally really nice flashes so hopefully can really kick in next season

I'd be fine signing Moore, Ross & Kennedy. 

Moore seems a useful player, seems most comfortable at CM, has played out wide and was LB on Saturday, could become a younger Mark Docherty, good for the bench and filling in for injuries. 

Ross understandably divides opinion was great for his first 3/4 games (up until his FK) then petered out. I think he didn't like being played out wide and prefers to be behind the striker.

Kennedy is fine as backup GK, I would like to see him get around two full matches during preseason friendlies to give us a better idea of his abilities, don't think he's better than Hoban, but an improvement on Sanderson.

As for Lewis Milne. I would welcome him back.

Not fussed about a few of the guys leaving as mentioned. They haven’t shown anywhere near enough quality to stay.

bit surprised with Moore getting offered a new contract, don’t see what he offers.

I think it speaks volumes though about our squad the fact that Ray only wants to keep half of the lads that were there under Irvine. 
Interested to see who he brings in & a clean slate is the perfect opportunity for him to bring in his own players. 

6 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Moore isn't good enough IMO and Ross other than a peach of a free-kick has been anonymous.

Ross has been struggling with a hamstring for a while now, could be rest in the close season and good rehab will see him back fresher.

2 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Personally, I'd rather we raid the brechin squad instead of signing discarded pish from Montrose.

If Matty Alan does end up at you boys you have got yourself a right good player and definitely not "discarded pish"

5 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Why would he drop down a league 

Could be any number of reasons, he’s local so it could be something as simple as training arrangements or something. It’s not as if it’s uncommon for a player to drop down a league at this level.

5 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Whatley's not pish, interested if you'd bring Marc Scott back then?

Based on his goals and assists in the past two seasons at a level below us I wouldn’t be against giving Marc Scott another chance if that was to happen, he looked to be improving for us before until a bad injury put him out for the best part of a year.

Whatley and Allan I’ve heard some good things about, although do they not have a lot of injury problems? Happy to be corrected on that by Montrose fans.