Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

Aitken away then

23704204-80D1-4507-8B9A-5520F4E514FE.png

I'd doubt it was solely his decision and not ours but still Sad that he's going from a perspective of being involved at the club for so long(starting in development squad) think everyone wanted him to kick on and mature as a player, ultimately not been good enough this season far too oblivious in games.

30 minutes ago, lwh said:

Nditi and Brindley both contracted to 2024. Is anyone else?

From what I can see only players contracted for next season are:

Marc McCallum 

Roberto Nditi

Darren Whyte

Andy Munro

Tomas Brindley

Craig Thomson

So yeah not many, personally can't argue against any of them guys too much, Hope there's a clear plan been worked out.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Thank god Aitken is away. Should never have been signed for a second time.

Marc deservedly won Player’s Player and Player of the Year. I’m amazed that Munro won the Away POTY, but at the same time I’m not because he can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the happy clappers on Facebook.

It saddens me to say this, but Forfar seem to be against developing the youth in the town. 

They seem to be still going all Dick Campbell on the way forward. 

Maybe Forfar can lead the way in Angus in progressing youths? 

At the moment Montrose seem to be ahead of the game. 

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It saddens me to say this, but Forfar seem to be against developing the youth in the town. 

They seem to be still going hall Dick Campbell on the way forward. 

Not quite how it is, although we don't have a direct youth team at the club, partly to having been priced out a few years ago with the change to the reserve leagues(not only us who went that way btw) we do have a partnership with the forfar athletic community football club that was founded 3 years ago that have many youth teams in the town.

↓↓↓↓↓

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02fCh3rF3dk2F69fm1vg55sXCk1KWBGDjbePLpcnuJriFyvnLepC1UDok2UaYDdcGzl&id=105108421101631

46 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

They seem to be still going all Dick Campbell on the way forward. 

Bizarre, uninformed take.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Marc McCallum 

Roberto Nditi

Darren Whyte

Andy Munro

Tomas Brindley

Craig Thomson

So yeah not many, personally can't argue against any of them guys too much, Hope there's a clear plan been worked out.

I'm pretty sure Seb Ross signed an 18 month deal when he joined in January.

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I'm pretty sure Seb Ross signed an 18 month deal when he joined in January.

Checked it there, it was just until the end of this season. 

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Looks like a good base for League 2. The bashing Munro gets is OTT in my view. Looking forward to see what McKinnon does.

The Munro criticism always comes down to two things. He is prone to absent mindedness, so can make glaring mistakes. Also his pass completion (unless it's to his CB partner or GK) is horrendous as he just hoofs it.

However, his pros are leadership (will likely be club captain after Slater's departure) ability to win headers and he's strong. He also has been a Forfar player for quite awhile, second only to McCallum (with Matty being released).

Andy Munro is totally suited to playing centre back for a Scottish League 1/2 team. Should he have won Away Player & make the TOTY? Probably not, but for all big Andy's faults he will be an influential player for us next season.

5 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Marc McCallum 

Roberto Nditi

Darren Whyte

Andy Munro

Tomas Brindley

Craig Thomson

I’m not mad about any of these players being under contract, although I would hope Brindley Is a second choice option tbh. 

Armour, Flanagan and Ross I wouldn’t mind us tying down, as long as we bring in quality to surround them. 

Promotion simply has to be the aim at the very least 

Edited by lwh

13 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Marc McCallum 

Roberto Nditi

Darren Whyte

Andy Munro

Tomas Brindley

Craig Thomson

McCallum, Nditi and Whyte could all, and have, played at a higher level. I really hope Darren’s injury issues are behind him now.

Munro, Brindley and Thomson are decent players at our current level so happy enough they’re staying (assuming they all are?)

A decent base for Ray to build his own team around, onwards and upwards 👆👍🏼🤞

50 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Looking at Ben Armour's Twitter it appears he's away and not staying on.

Considering his goal tally prior to signing I wasn’t keen on his signing, nine goals in the league is a good return for him all things considered. 

Would have liked to have kept him as an option for next season, obviously Ray will have his own plans but feel he was still a good back up to have.

11 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Considering his goal tally prior to signing I wasn’t keen on his signing, nine goals in the league is a good return for him all things considered. 

Would have liked to have kept him as an option for next season, obviously Ray will have his own plans but feel he was still a good back up to have.

Yeah, would have quite liked to have kept him as feel he could have kicked on but not a disaster. In Ray we trust