Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Ross has been anonymous everytime I've seen him. McCluskey has been brutal for about 18 months. I don't get what people see in Robson, really poor again yesterday. I'd have Moore ahead of him and that's saying something.

The squad needs totally gutted.

Would agree, I despair when fans speak highly about some of the current squad- have they not watched the past 15 or 16 months or so? With that said anything approaching a decent striker might well change things for us , there is just no threat at all from us at times.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I don't get what people see in Robson, really poor again yesterday. I'd have Moore ahead of him and that's saying something.

I really liked Robson to begin with but the last few weeks he has been either totally anonymous or poor.

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Of those striped yesterday only those two, rest are not good enough. Would keep Nditi and Slater as well though he seems off elsewhere. 

One bit of good news is I’m sure Nditi is half way through a two year contract. 

McCallum, Nditi, Brindley, Munro, Thomson, Whyte are all under contract for next season.

McCallum, Nditi and Thomson - Happy to keep.

Whyte - Hopefully we can get the old Whyte back but injury issues are concerning.

Brindley - The boy is just not a left back sadly. 

Munro - He seems to get a pass from some fans because he scored goals last season. Consistently makes errors that cost us and for a big guy is outmuscled a lot. No idea how he managed a new deal.

The others in the squad:

Kennedy & Sanderson - Bin, get a decent back up in to challenge Marc.

Docherty - Hasn’t been as bad since he signed permanently, but I wouldn’t give him a new deal, only reason I would is if it was as a back up option.

Flanagan - He can go from playing well to being so lazy, unfortunately the latter happens more often. Wouldn’t give him a new deal.

Hutton - I’ve liked him more this season than I did last, not that he’s been great but he does his job. See what I said about Docherty in terms of a new deal.

Ross - I’d keep him, I’d imagine he’ll improve as the squad around him does. 

Slater - Likely going to Arbroath anyway.

Armour - Wasn’t a fan when he signed but deserves a new deal, I’m not saying he’s the answer for goals or he’ll get more than he has this season but as an option he can still chip in.

Aitken - Get as far away from the club as possible.

McCluskey - Hasn’t had the same effect as last season, undecided on him but feel like he would be best moving on.

Knew I’d forget someone.

Edited by fafc1885

3 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I'd definitely have Hutchinson as first choice in any team. Seb Ross, Finn Robson, Craig Thomson. Roberto Nditi (🥰) would also feature. Slater obv. 

Controversy time - McCallum needs a good kick up the arse. He's bloody good but getting a bit too complacent, so rest him and get in a goalie who'll put real pressure on him.

Nothing wrong with a bit of controversy re McCallum,  but I'm struggling with Ross,  maybe it's me but I've just not seen anything approaching enough from him.

Agree with Nditi & Slater though that maybe out of our hands.

54 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

McCallum, Nditi, Brindley, Munro, Thomson, Whyte are all under contract for next season.

Whyte - Hopefully we can get the old Whyte back but injury issues are concerning.

Munro - He seems to get a pass from some fans because he scored goals last season. Consistently makes errors that cost us and for a big guy is outmuscled a lot. No idea how he managed a new deal.

The others in the squad:

Docherty - Hasn’t been as bad since he signed permanently, but I wouldn’t give him a new deal, only reason I would is if it was as a back up option.

Flanagan - He can go from playing well to being so lazy, unfortunately the latter happens more often. Wouldn’t give him a new deal.

Hutton - I’ve liked him more this season than I did last, not that he’s been great but he does his job. See what I said about Docherty in terms of a new deal.

Armour - Wasn’t a fan when he signed but deserves a new deal, I’m not saying he’s the answer for goals or he’ll get more than he has this season but as an option he can still chip in.

I was about to create a keep, bin, undecided post but I agree with all of @fafc1885 comments so not needed now 😀

15 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

On top of who's signed up I'd only keep Slater and Flanagan.

Edit: Hutchinson also, if he's released.

We all expect Slater to go east. Flanny could sign a new deal. I reckon Hutchinson will be kept at United and loaned to a lower championship/top league one side.

3 hours ago, speedframe said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of controversy re McCallum,  but I'm struggling with Ross,  maybe it's me but I've just not seen anything approaching enough from him.

Agree with Nditi & Slater though that maybe out of our hands.

Ross does seem to divide opinion and tbf he's not great at the moment. I just think there's a lot of promise with much more on its way. Hopefully.

Let's get in someone who can cross a ball. Because none of the current squad can 

Especially Slater, for all his ability his delivery into the box is horrendous.

9 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Let's get in someone who can cross a ball. Because none of the current squad can 

Especially Slater, for all his ability his delivery into the box is horrendous.

Thomson & Nditi aren't too bad, hopefully a high quality left back who can cross (Luke Strachan esq) will be on Ray's summer shopping list.  

1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

Thomson & Nditi aren't too bad, hopefully a high quality left back who can cross (Luke Strachan esq) will be on Ray's summer shopping list.  

Mental to think Irvine brought in Brindley to play over Strachan...

17 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

The others in the squad:

McCluskey - Hasn’t had the same effect as last season, undecided on him but feel like he would be best moving on.

Knew I’d forget someone.

Largely agree with this except comments regarding the goalies as we may or may not have a more than decent back up or rival for Marc. By what I hear Kennedy is great in training but I suppose Marc has the occasional blunder but not enough to be dropped then we can see what the others have to offer?

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How well does Slater get about the park and how well does he do the dirty side of the game? Obviously just rumours but they’re strong ones. If we get him and he can get about the park I’ll be pleasantly surprised 

He's a wetwipe. Skillful, but can go missing if he's getting bodied. 

Personally don't think he's championship quality. 

4 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

So on par or above Matty then, in terms of putting the ball in the back of the net.

Matty is useless, no doubt. But he's not a cretin.