Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

46 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Somebody get this man a pen.

In truth Danny Denholm must be one of the most decorated players in Scottish Lower League football with 3 league winners' medals and 5 (?) promotions. He also has a habit of winning goal of the season awards too. However, Forfar falls outwith the 1 hour radius of Edinburgh, so whilst I'd welcome him back I don't think he'd be interested. 

Slater going to Arbroath

Ross has no idea if he will be offered another year

Unless Hamilton sack Rankin, Mckinnon will be here until at least Christmas when someone in the Championship does get hooked then he will disappear like sna aff a dyke

4 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Slater going to Arbroath

Ross has no idea if he will be offered another year

Unless Hamilton sack Rankin, Mckinnon will be here until at least Christmas when someone in the Championship does get hooked then he will disappear like sna aff a dyke

That's Stef away as well. Hope we keep Thomo!!

IMG_1421.jpg

On 06/05/2023 at 20:30, Cosmic Joe said:

It saddens me to say this, but Forfar seem to be against developing the youth in the town. 

They seem to be still going all Dick Campbell on the way forward. 

Maybe Forfar can lead the way in Angus in progressing youths? 

At the moment Montrose seem to be ahead of the game. 

Seriously what is the point though. The players all trickle down to clubs like ours anyway. We had a youth system for years and years (which will be a costly expense) and we produced what? Gavin Swankie and Andy Webster? It’s a total waste of time and money, younger players not in big clubs academies would be better getting into the juniors / east of Scotland league than being at a youth set up at any of the Angus clubs. 

Denholm only left that year because of Dick Campbell being at Arbroath, we can't blame players for leaving us for Campbell too much when for a long time we benefitted from players wanting to play for him again, Chris templeman being a prime  example.

Shame to see Stef go was brilliant last season, struggled this season like a lot of others but always gave 100%

On 29/04/2023 at 20:32, MO7S said:

Rumour has it Allan and Whatley from Montrose are on their way.  We'll see.

Lewis Milne was mentioned as leaving Montrose in the same post as Whatley & Allan.

If Whatley and Allan are rumoured to be joining us could we be signing the trio? Lewis did well for us last time he was at the club.

To clarify, I have no inside knowledge so doing it for pure speculation.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Lewis Milne was mentioned as leaving Montrose in the same post as Whatley & Allan.

If Whatley and Allan are rumoured to be joining us could we be signing the trio? Lewis did well for us last time he was at the club.

To clarify, I have no inside knowledge so doing it for pure speculation.

Was my initial thought too, again based on pure speculation