Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

26 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Any use ?

Heard about Matty joining you,good player when fit and head and shoulders above Andy Munro.Pretty gutted he is meant to be leaving to be fair,Whatley will do a job in League 2.

8 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Heard about Matty joining you,good player when fit and head and shoulders above Andy Munro.Pretty gutted he is meant to be leaving to be fair,Whatley will do a job in League 2.

Come on man . If he’s head and shoulders above Munro he could still be absolute pish 

As a die hard bino who has followed the team through some shit, I must apologise for the wee fanny's today running over to you guys! These idiots don't represent our club and will almost be old firm fans in a season! Embarrassing and put a dampner on it for myself today! 

9 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

The thought that occurs is "who better would come?"

There will be huge squad turnover 

I get your point giving McKinnons decent past club history but the performances with the ball couldn't have been much worse in the last month or so honestly worse at times than the seasons we've been relegated, even tho he's been sacked by Elgin recently if Jim weir still wants to be a manager I'd get him back, if it wasn't for his car crash we'd be in a better place on the pitch right now.

Also for the most part this squad on paper should be doing much better, a more progressive manager will get them scoring like we were last season.

Edited by ScottishLoon

7 hours ago, Thebino45 said:

As a die hard bino who has followed the team through some shit, I must apologise for the wee fanny's today running over to you guys! These idiots don't represent our club and will almost be old firm fans in a season! Embarrassing and put a dampner on it for myself today! 

Thanks, I considered commenting on that last night but refrained as I didn’t want to tar all Stirling fans with the same brush as I know that the majority are sound. All clubs have a small portion of supporters that are fannies.

5 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Actually hoping McKinnon goes the longer he's been at club the worse football we've played has been, the last few games have ended up being worse than anytime during Irvine, tactics have been woeful 

He’s been steadying the ship and using largely Irvine and Malcolm’s players and done a great job. Do not judge him until he’s built his own squad over the summer. 

6 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Actually hoping McKinnon goes the longer he's been at club the worse football we've played has been, the last few games have ended up being worse than anytime during Irvine, tactics have been woeful 

Ah yes, the glorious fitba with Irvine at the helm was a treat to watch, right enough. 

McKinnon has taken us to where we are. He stepped up and has strengthened a light-weight team with some inspired loan players, in the positions needed. He'll know where changes have to be made and where he sees the team going. He was brought in to do a job, he's doing it and any play-off place would've been, let's face it, a bonus.

6 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

if Jim weir still wants to be a manager I'd get him back

Even with the disappointment of the last few games, it's way too early to be calling for a new manager, and looking back to a "better time" really isn't the way.

6 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Ah yes, the glorious fitba with Irvine at the helm was a treat to watch, right enough. 

McKinnon has taken us to where we are. He stepped up and has strengthened a light-weight team with some inspired loan players, in the positions needed. He'll know where changes have to be made and where he sees the team going. He was brought in to do a job, he's doing it and any play-off place would've been, let's face it, a bonus.

Even with the disappointment of the last few games, it's way too early to be calling for a new manager, and looking back to a "better time" really isn't the way.

Which one of the loan signings were in anyway ‘inspired’?