Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Yeah, calls for McKinnon to go are daft. Sure, we've not ended the season as we hoped but his remit was to keep us up and he was doing it with clear limitations in the squad and some of the players not hitting the levels they are capable of. He deserves the chance to put together his own team, and hopefully a team that can challenge for the title.

As for the suggestions he may leave if he gets a better offer, I can only see that happening if he does a great job, he didn't do great at Falkirk, has perhaps burnt some bridges elsewhere, and I'm not sure a full time club would come in for him unless he makes some real good progress with us, which I hope he does. 

As for the team, we need options in pretty much every position. Those rumours of Allan and Whatley from Montrose would be good, definitely need a couple if strikers.

15 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

A rebuild is needed as has been said. But other than Stef are there any definitive confirmations of players leaving/released (Slater likely going to Arbroath but there's no confirmation yet)?

I'd imagine the list will come out very quickly after this coming Saturday. 

Andy Munro and Craig Slater named in the PFA's League Two team of the year.

Interesting how different the opinion of Andy Munro is from Forfar fans and those outwith Forfar Athletic. 

Craig Slater, no surprises there.

Clocked by Andy Munro in TOTS. Is that a surprise? 

I know he's a solid big lump of a defender. But I wasn't expecting to see him in there. The rest of the team wasn't much of a surprise, but Munro was. Am I being harsh?

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Andy Munro and Craig Slater named in the PFA's League Two team of the year.

Interesting how different the opinion of Andy Munro is from Forfar fans and those outwith Forfar Athletic. 

Craig Slater, no surprises there.

Can't lie very surprised Andy's in team of the year however I don't agree with this idea that we should get rid of him, fully consistent defenders don't exist at this level and on his day and for the most part last season he was really good plus the whole team was  pretty poor this season apart from marc and slater. 

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know he's a solid big lump of a defender. But I wasn't expecting to see him in there. The rest of the team wasn't much of a surprise, but Munro was. Am I being harsh?

Not harsh enough. Absolute carthorse of a boy.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

An absolute bombscare, utterly bizarre that he is in TOTY.

Not sure how many people knew this but I was randomly watching highlights of an old pre season game in 2018 and noticed we had mark Stowe who's been brilliant for linlithgow rose this season on trial at the time, sort of player we should be looking at now too imo.

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Not sure how many people knew this but I was randomly watching highlights of an old pre season game in 2018 and noticed we had mark Stowe who's been brilliant for linlithgow rose this season on trial at the time, sort of player we should be looking at now too imo.

Watching old highlights of happier times 😆

I do vaguely remember Mark Stowe being on trial for the club.