Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

54 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Why anyone would be bothered about players leaving is beyond me , they are obviously not good enough to get out of this league , well maybe through the arse end of it 

The concern I have is that they will be replaced by worse.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Why anyone would be bothered about players leaving is beyond me , they are obviously not good enough to get out of this league , well maybe through the arse end of it 

I understand you're reasoning but I ask you, why will all these departing players likely (with the exception of Skelly) join teams that finished above Forfar?

If rumours are to be believed the players mentioned are probably off to Peterhead, Montrose, an Edinburgh based team (so probably Edinburgh City or Spartans) etc.

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I understand you're reasoning but I ask you, why will all these departing players likely (with the exception of Skelly) join teams that finished above Forfar?

If rumours are to be believed the players mentioned are probably off to Peterhead, Montrose, an Edinburgh based team (so probably Edinburgh City or Spartans) etc.

Which player are they talking about coming to the Mo?

21 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Which player are they talking about coming to the Mo?

Adam Hutchinson, only whispers from fans, no solid evidence. I thought you lads might be interested in Nditi as well, but perhaps he's going to England.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Adam Hutchinson, only whispers from fans, no solid evidence. I thought you lads might be interested in Nditi as well, but perhaps he's going to England.

We had him on loan and he never really did much so can't see it but you never know I suppose.

Mind boggling that some folk are bothered about these lads leaving.

Seb Ross played a few decent games but never really looked to be a good player, I’m sure he thinks he’s much better than he is, but in reality he’s a league two player.

Andy Munro been a good servant for the club always gives his all, has been decent this season but we need to improve in this area if we’re wanting to challenge for promotion.

Roberto Nditi has had some decent games again but he’s an absolute liability defensively, he has a great work ethic & effort but the he’s too slapdash of a defender for me; always caught out of position. 

Josh Skelly the less said about him the better, I’m sure he was born offside, granted he runs about but Deary me he’s like a bull in a china shop with & without the ball. 

Adam Hutchinson as said above by a couple of people would be the only one I would keep, he’s been solid all season. I reckon if I we could convince Morrison & Hutchy to stay that would be an excellent partnership in defence,

39 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Mind boggling that some folk are bothered about these lads leaving.

Seb Ross played a few decent games but never really looked to be a good player, I’m sure he thinks he’s much better than he is, but in reality he’s a league two player.

Andy Munro been a good servant for the club always gives his all, has been decent this season but we need to improve in this area if we’re wanting to challenge for promotion.

Roberto Nditi has had some decent games again but he’s an absolute liability defensively, he has a great work ethic & effort but the he’s too slapdash of a defender for me; always caught out of position. 

Josh Skelly the less said about him the better, I’m sure he was born offside, granted he runs about but Deary me he’s like a bull in a china shop with & without the ball. 

Adam Hutchinson as said above by a couple of people would be the only one I would keep, he’s been solid all season. I reckon if I we could convince Morrison & Hutchy to stay that would be an excellent partnership in defence,

I don't think all fans think these players are world beaters but they will be decent to good players in a competent League Two squad. As previously mentioned, I fully expect them to join teams who finished above Forfar. 

But supposedly we dump every single player except for Marc, Rusty & Matty who are under contract and we manage to get Morrison to stay. Do you think we'll sign 18-20 players who are all massive upgrades on what we currently have?

41 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Agree with everything you say but particularly Skelly, he's actually pathetic in front of goals, see his efforts on Saturday absolutely no control or composure in front of goals he's at least two levels above where he should be operating.

28 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I don't think all fans think these players are world beaters but they will be decent to good players in a competent League Two squad. As previously mentioned, I fully expect them to join teams who finished above Forfar. 

But supposedly we dump every single player except for Marc, Rusty & Matty who are under contract and we manage to get Morrison to stay. Do you think we'll sign 18-20 players who are all massive upgrades on what we currently have?

Not saying they folk are saying saying they are world beaters.

theres a couple still in the squad I would like to stay along with Hutchi, & Morrison

I’d like Thommo, Whatley, Scally & if we could get him Mykyta to stay permanently (which we probably won’t)
I have no real opinion on Brindley &  Inglis staying, as much as I don’t rate them to start they could prove to be useful squad players. 

I’d also love to know what’s happened to Darren Whyte? He’s just completely disappeared. 

31 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not saying they folk are saying saying they are world beaters.

theres a couple still in the squad I would like to stay along with Hutchi, & Morrison

I’d like Thommo, Whatley, Scally & if we could get him Mykyta to stay permanently (which we probably won’t)
I have no real opinion on Brindley &  Inglis staying, as much as I don’t rate them to start they could prove to be useful squad players. 

I’d also love to know what’s happened to Darren Whyte? He’s just completely disappeared. 

Completely agree about Daz. Clyde announced his end of loan but Forfar made no comment. I know people said Daz and Ray didn't get on, but at least inform us of what happened, I'm assuming he's just sitting out his contract at home, not training or anything.

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Completely agree about Daz. Clyde announced his end of loan but Forfar made no comment. I know people said Daz and Ray didn't get on, but at least inform us of what happened, I'm assuming he's just sitting out his contract at home, not training or anything.

Yeah it's bizarre with daz because by everyone's account apparently he's always been brilliant around the place and been the model pro but ray seemed to decide to try force him out in January.

Another example of how he's fucked around with players. Even if it was him wanting daz off the wage bill he seems to have little class about handling it, just like with Paterson.

Edited by ScottishLoon

16 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yeah it's bizarre with daz because by everyone's account apparently he's always been brilliant around the place and been the model pro but ray seemed to decide to try force him out in January.

Another example of how he's fucked around with players. Even if it was him wanting daz off the wage bill he seems to have little class about handling it, just like with Paterson.

Simple solution.

Ray...pack your bags.

Daz....welcome back.

1 hour ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Whyte suffered a bad knee injury which caused the termination of his loan with us.  Not sure if it was ACL or the likes but very much season ending was the chatter at the time.  

He has had his injury struggles, which is a shame, as he is a very capable defender.

I'm hoping the board must be able to see that there is life beyond Ray next season, as we can't go through another season like this.

On 28/04/2024 at 18:46, mo83 said:

We had him on loan and he never really did much so can't see it but you never know I suppose.

Wasn't he permanently injured?  He didn't have a chance to show his capabilities with us.

46 minutes ago, MO7S said:

Wasn't he permanently injured?  He didn't have a chance to show his capabilities with us.

I looking back he was injured a lot when he was with us,I just remember him struggling anytime he played.

I see our match preview today talks about what might have been if it wasn't for injuries. Two points on that:

1. I don't believe we've had many issues in terms of injuries, struggling to think of too many long term absentees bar Craig Thomson (not injured, and barely started since available) or Darren Whyte (persona non gratis). Our only injuries have been short term.

2. It sounds like the club are making excuses to justify this terrible season, as is we'd have been head to head with Stenny without a couple of knocks here and there. It tells me that they're sticking with Ray and don't see a problem with this season.

It's now over 30 years since the move to 4 divisions, in that time we've been a tier 4 on 10 (soon to be 11) occasions, this is only the 2nd season of those 10 that we haven't been in the promotion hunt in this league, even last year we nearly made the playoffs. We should be aiming for promotion every season in this league, not meekly accepting a season where we were looking over our shoulder the whole time