Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

No, he's scored 7 goals but scored them in 4 games. But okay 👍

Without his goals in 3 of the games we’d be 7 points worse off. Sitting bottom.

He’s saved us with his goals. What a striker is meant to do. Yet he gets constantly ridiculed it’s bonkers.   Same with Aitken last season.  I’d take a goal scorer over someone who ‘ runs about ‘ every day of the week. 

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Without his goals in 3 of the games we’d be 7 points worse off. Sitting bottom.

He’s saved us with his goals. What a striker is meant to do. Yet he gets constantly ridiculed it’s bonkers.   Same with Aitken last season.  I’d take a goal scorer over someone who ‘ runs about ‘ every day of the week. 

The amount of people who don't understand part-time football is made up of 90% ' headless chickens ' is hilarious. If he'd bothered his arse in the seven previous games he was involved in we'd have been well out of this scrap before now. 

Without Morrisons goals we'd be gone, it doesn't mean he's this criticism free entity. To claim McLean is some sort of saviour is laughable, nevermind the 18 month contract on a proven p***k.

Just now, May Rckinnon said:

The amount of people who don't understand part-time football is made up of 90% ' headless chickens ' is hilarious. If he'd bothered his arse in the seven previous games he was involved in we'd have been well out of this scrap before now. 

Without Morrisons goals we'd be gone, it doesn't mean he's this criticism free entity. To claim McLean is some sort of saviour is laughable, nevermind the 18 month contract on a proven p***k.

90% of part time footballers are proven p***ks

24 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

You seem to know the guy personally?

24 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Morrison’s goals have earned us 4 points…

7 points if you include him & Mclean scoring in the 2-0 victory at Clyde. 

so we can add another 3 points to McLean’s as I was talking about sole goals to earn us points. 

I’m not saying McLean is criticism free, far from it!
also 3 of they other 7 games. He made a 2, 10 & 14 minute substitute cameo appearances……
I Just think he deserves a  bit more credit than he gets.  I’m happy with him for another year.  If we can get the service to him like today, he will score….  That’ll do me. 

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Morrison’s goals have earned us 4 points…

7 points if you include him & Mclean scoring in the 2-0 victory at Clyde. 

so we can add another 3 points to McLean’s as I was talking about sole goals to earn us points. 

I’m not saying McLean is criticism free, far from it!
also 3 of they other 7 games. He made a 2, 10 & 14 minute substitute cameo appearances……
I Just think he deserves a  bit more credit than he gets.  I’m happy with him for another year.  If we can get the service to him like today, he will score….  That’ll do me. 

Credit where credit is due, he took his goals well & we earned 3 points. But by the same token, we were never getting 3 points against Clyde at home for example until he was hooked. He seems to only be in it for himself, hardly a team player if you go by numerous rumblings at his previous clubs, going by that, I think 18 months was silly.  The accreditation of points gained solely to him is also abit of a mental argument, where does it stop? Do we hail Brindley as a saviour for his goal against Spartans? Or Skelly & Paterson vs Stranraer? 

I'm all for him playing & contributing if he's going to be all in, history would say differently, happy to be proven wrong.

Moving on, now that we're not going to be plummeting to the deepest, darkest depths of the North, who would you like to keep that has actually been a pass mark this season? (of those not already under contract). And will Sir Raymond be staying or going on indeed for a browse?

8 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Moving on, now that we're not going to be plummeting to the deepest, darkest depths of the North, who would you like to keep that has actually been a pass mark this season? (of those not already under contract). And will Sir Raymond be staying or going on indeed for a browse?

McCallum and Allan are under contract and I'm happy for them to stay. Rusty is too and I'm happy for him to stay, he may not be a workhorse but you can't argue with 7 goals in 14 games, we've only had a handful of strikers with a 1 in 2 strike rate in the last 20 years (granted it's a very small sample size, but his scoring record at Montrose and Peterhead is good).

Is there anybody else under contract? 

Of the rest, I'd want to keep Morrison and Hutchison. If Nditi, Munro, Whatley, Thomson, Ross and Scally wanted to stay I'd keep them but wouldn't be bothered if they left, the rest I'd rather see leave 

3 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

McCallum and Allan are under contract and I'm happy for them to stay. Rusty is too and I'm happy for him to stay, he may not be a workhorse but you can't argue with 7 goals in 14 games, we've only had a handful of strikers with a 1 in 2 strike rate in the last 20 years (granted it's a very small sample size, but his scoring record at Montrose and Peterhead is good).

Is there anybody else under contract? 

Of the rest, I'd want to keep Morrison and Hutchison. If Nditi, Munro, Whatley, Thomson, Ross and Scally wanted to stay I'd keep them but wouldn't be bothered if they left, the rest I'd rather see leave 

The worry I have is how many of those who could do a job would want to stay? As shite as it is for us to watch, playing that way can't exactly be enjoyable.

Morrison is a must I think, but I'd argue he could play in league 1. As some have said previously, Hutchinson wants away, which would be a bigger loss than Munro for example.

Get rid of most of them. Mcallum and Allan signed up are about the only 2 I’d keep. Rusty fair enough he does score goals although he’s not for everyone.