Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I think the '84 team should play on Saturday with Houston in the dugout. Even though they're all 60+ they'll be more entertaining to watch than whatever side will actually take to the field this weekend.

Just now, RateofKnots said:

Probably safe* now, and the board *should* be evaluating whether what's been produced is enough.

*jinx

Are we f**k safe 

Absolutely no way we are safe!

5 points in it with 4 games to go, we are well and truly in this, and so we should be with performances like that and a clown running the show.

4 massive games for our club’s future coming up, and I’m not sure we have what it takes to get us over the line.

5 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Absolutely no way we are safe!

5 points in it with 4 games to go, we are well and truly in this, and so we should be with performances like that and a clown running the show.

4 massive games for our club’s future coming up, and I’m not sure we have what it takes to get us over the line.

I'd agree with that, but that also requires 3 other teams to do what it takes to get over the line.

Lot will come down to the Stranraer game at home, you'd assume.

6 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'd agree with that, but that also requires 3 other teams to do what it takes to get over the line.

Lot will come down to the Stranraer game at home, you'd assume.

Very true, but stranger things have certainly happened.

Stranraer game will be massive.

That line up today though!? Who was going to create, never mind score?

Can't imagine what the 84 team made of that, zero intent yet again, what is he so petrified of? It's a nightmare this.

4 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Was he playing CM?? The subs looked like they didn't want to come on imo today

Yeah he was moved into midfield after about 20 minutes, he actually played some good balls too.

Edited by ScottishLoon

That was horrific today, what must the ‘84 players and management thought. The modern players are probably better athletes but each of those old guys had more skill and football brains than anything on show today.

Nditi and Munro were good but the rest were clueless.

We looked safe but have quickly fallen into the mire again, can’t see us getting anything next week up north so it’s definitely squeaky bum time.

You’ll probably be ok, just because it’s unlikely all three sides below you will get enough points to overtake you. They all have difficult games next week. Your next two games are quite tough, though, and the last two will be a real battle if you’re not safe by then.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yeah he was moved into midfield after about 20 minutes, he actually played some good balls too.

Yeah he done well in there mate, better than Morrison has done all season. Just quite baffled by some of the choices of Mckinnon. Signed Tyler and Rusty to now sit on the bench, which I am happy about because both are garbage but I thought he made they signings because he thought he was making the squad better? 

I have heard through the grapevine that he is going at the end of the season though, seemingly had an offer of full time somewhere. Also Munro is off as well

5 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

That was horrific today, what must the ‘84 players and management thought. The modern players are probably better athletes but each of those old guys had more skill and football brains than anything on show today.

Nditi and Munro were good but the rest were clueless.

We looked safe but have quickly fallen into the mire again, can’t see us getting anything next week up north so it’s definitely squeaky bum time.

Thankfully all the teams around us are away from home with tricky games next week. 

Dreading the run in now

1 minute ago, farfirloon said:

Also Munro is off as well

Best news I’ve heard all day.

For all the praise he gets for scoring goals that one season, he’s been a bombscare the rest of the time.

Just now, fafc1885 said:

Best news I’ve heard all day.

For all the praise he gets for scoring goals that one season, he’s been a bombscare the rest of the time.

I think Andy has got better as the season has went on tbf but his time is up! That's 20 yard run and then falling over the ball was   best bit of play we had today🤣🤣