Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Moore has been with us for four years, what has he done in that time? He's so average.

Aye you could get rid of the majority of the squad on that analysis, bar the four years of being at the club of course

I liked Smokie, but as others have said he never really got going, had some good games and was doing decent as a LWB when Brindley was injured in our 3/5 at the back phase.

Wish him the best.

I went along to the Broughty v Lochee United match last night, to have a wee nosey at a few of our ex-players who were on display.

First thing that struck me, was the crowd. Maybe decieving with it being a smaller ground, but it looked like a bigger crowd than our average home crowd.

Next thing that shocked me, that I'm not used to seeing anymore was two teams going out and actually trying to win a game of football and score goals. It was a really good game of football and Lochee more than deserved the 3 points.

Oh how I wish we could go out and try to win a game of football, it has made me realise even more how negative we actually are.

36 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I went along to the Broughty v Lochee United match last night, to have a wee nosey at a few of our ex-players who were on display.

First thing that struck me, was the crowd. Maybe decieving with it being a smaller ground, but it looked like a bigger crowd than our average home crowd.

Next thing that shocked me, that I'm not used to seeing anymore was two teams going out and actually trying to win a game of football and score goals. It was a really good game of football and Lochee more than deserved the 3 points.

Oh how I wish we could go out and try to win a game of football, it has made me realise even more how negative we actually are.

I went to watch Lochee v Kirrie when we were away to Stranraer, really enjoyed it and, as you say, several ex Loons in the ‘Chee ranks. I’d rather pop through to their games than travel to away games right now. 

40 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I went to watch Lochee v Kirrie when we were away to Stranraer, really enjoyed it and, as you say, several ex Loons in the ‘Chee ranks. I’d rather pop through to their games than travel to away games right now. 

I will probably go along to another game or two also. Really good game and some very good players.

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Local derby , nothing else on football wise . Local players with families watching . Will explain the bigger crowd 

9 hours ago, C_titz said:

Local derby , nothing else on football wise . Local players with families watching . Will explain the bigger crowd 

The majority of fixtures in the midlands league would be considered local derbies by geography. 

The fact it was a top of the table clash with one of the participants capable of promotion will be why the crowd was large.

The utter drabness just goes on and on and on. What a horrible team we are to follow.

Baffling line-up again. How on earth, heading into April, is he not on to the fact Skelly, Inglis and Robson are rubbish? Allan and Lobban - who came on for some reason - not up to it either.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The utter drabness just goes on and on and on. What a horrible team we are to follow.

Baffling line-up again. How on earth, heading into April, is he not on to the fact Skelly, Inglis and Robson are rubbish? Allan and Lobban - who came on for some reason - not up to it either.

Both Allans started? It dire to watch though, desperate stuff every week. At least Skelly tries, Rusty got 5minutes and didn't even put in an effort! 

Morrison throwing himself about yet again in the middle of the park. What a liability he can be at times

Just now, farfirloon said:

Both Allans started? It dire to watch though, desperate stuff every week. At least Skelly tries, Rusty got 5minutes and didn't even put in an effort! 

Morrison throwing himself about yet again in the middle of the park. What a liability he can be at times

Who gave the penalty away?