Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 06/03/2024 at 12:55, ScottishLoon said:

Such a strange season, two weeks ago Clyde looks gone then start banging in goals, and then before last night Stranraer were looking likely to finish bottom then they go and pump dumbarton. 

If the trends continues expect Elgin to hammer bonnyrigg something like 5-0 too.

Maybe club 42 will be the one that doesn’t dish out a humping between now and the end of the season? I hope I’m wrong as I suspect that could be us…. 🙈

22 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I have it from a pretty reliable source that there are a few players who I think we would all like to see stay, waiting to see if McKinnon is still going to be there or not before they commit.

I think some people don't realise how bad a man manager he actually is and players don't want to commit if he is going to be there.

If Mckinnon is in charge, I can see a pretty big rebuild pe-season due to a lot of players not wanting to stay under him.

He is just a bad manager all round. Last to arrive on matchday, no match preparation, stops speaking to players for no reason and only ever really speaks to a select few!

Seen Patty made his return on Wednesday night and scored a hattrick, fair enough it was against Letham but I really don't think it'll be long before he is back in the senior game.

On 22/01/2024 at 10:10, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Confirmed that Mutale & Ferguson are away back to their clubs.

Thank Christ for that, wait & see though Ferguson will end up at Caley with his old man and bang them in no doubt 🤣

As if by magic...

5 hours ago, farfirloon said:

He is just a bad manager all round. Last to arrive on matchday, no match preparation, stops speaking to players for no reason and only ever really speaks to a select few!

Seen Patty made his return on Wednesday night and scored a hattrick, fair enough it was against Letham but I really don't think it'll be long before he is back in the senior game.

Yes, pretty much exactly what I have heard, really cannot understand why the man is still in a job, complete fraud.

I seen he scored a hattrick, he definitley deserves another chance from a manager who actaually wants to attack.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

As if by magic...

This is absolutely scandalous. I was pissed off enough at him getting a job from his dads mate at our club, but that boy should be absolutely nowhere near a club in the 2nd tier of scottish football.

There is good honest part-time footballers all over our country who would give anything to get a full-time contract at a club like that, and he gets one handed to him from Daddy.

I really can't believe this, I feel sorry for you guys.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

8 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Yes, pretty much exactly what I have heard, really cannot understand why the man is still in a job, complete fraud.

I seen he scored a hattrick, he definitley deserves another chance from a manager who actaually wants to attack.

Yeah he is mate, will struggle to get another job in the senior game after Forfar I reckon. 

Yeah I fancy the likes of Montrose to sign him up at some point. I noticed they signed Forfar lad Alex Balfour last week and he came off the bench for Montrose Saturday past. I wonder if he was ever on the radar of McKinnon?

2 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Yeah he is mate, will struggle to get another job in the senior game after Forfar I reckon. 

Yeah I fancy the likes of Montrose to sign him up at some point. I noticed they signed Forfar lad Alex Balfour last week and he came off the bench for Montrose Saturday past. I wonder if he was ever on the radar of McKinnon?

I don't think he passes sideways, so probably not.

On 08/03/2024 at 13:41, farfirloon said:

Balfour scored for Sheffield United u/18's today

1 minute ago, fafc1885 said:

Knowing the club, we are going to be navy for life.

Appin are Edinburgh based so should be as easy to get replacement kit as Pendle, they also do bespoke stuff, Sky Blue has to comeback