Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

38 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

we're getting dangerously close to being in the realm of nothing to play for.

Good in terms of no HL (yet).

Can't paper over what an arse McKinnon made of the 1st half of the season.

Everyone bar Stenny seem that pish just now that I wouldn't be surprised if we caught Dumbarton, I'd fancy East Fife for top 4 though, think we'll finish between 5th - 7th.

Rusty McLean to fire us to the title next year 

1 minute ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Everyone bar Stenny seem that pish just now that I wouldn't be surprised if we caught Dumbarton, I'd fancy East Fife for top 4 though, think we'll finish between 5th - 7th.

Rusty McLean to fire us to the title next year 

If we didn’t royally bottle it on Saturday we’d only be five points behind Dumbarton.

3 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we caught Dumbarton

Agree with you there, but if Raymundo does what he did last season & declares to the courier that we're having a playoff push you know that's 6th place guaranteed.

It was a big win last night and the boys deserve credit for the performance levels. Munro and Hutchy are beginning to gel well, Rusty and Morrison banging in the goals and Finlay Allen on the wing has been great to watch. 

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but don't think Munro and Rusty see eye to eye, have seen them having pops at each other in the past few games and same again last night. I actually feel like it's bringing the best out of them both at the moment, either that or they'll come a time when they come to blows🤣

Dick Campbell was also in the stands last night, I wonder if Ray ever takes the opportunity to go and do some homework on future opponents?

4 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

It was a big win last night and the boys deserve credit for the performance levels. Munro and Hutchy are beginning to gel well, Rusty and Morrison banging in the goals and Finlay Allen on the wing has been great to watch. 

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but don't think Munro and Rusty see eye to eye, have seen them having pops at each other in the past few games and same again last night. I actually feel like it's bringing the best out of them both at the moment, either that or they'll come a time when they come to blows🤣

Dick Campbell was also in the stands last night, I wonder if Ray ever takes the opportunity to go and do some homework on future opponents?

Ray barely talks to our players, nevermind scout the opposition.

1 minute ago, May Rckinnon said:

Ray barely talks to our players, nevermind scout the opposition.

Yeah very true, I heard him more last night though to be honest. I think he only speaks to a select few and the rest it depends on whether he still likes you or not.  

Just now, farfirloon said:

Yeah very true, I heard him more last night though to be honest. I think he only speaks to a select few and the rest it depends on whether he still likes you or not.  

Can't fault the players effort in recent weeks, but he still needs to go. There's no long term strategy with him in place. We can't even put together a good 90 minutes, we got 1 half of dross & 1 half of somewhat attacking football.

2 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Can't fault the players effort in recent weeks, but he still needs to go. There's no long term strategy with him in place. We can't even put together a good 90 minutes, we got 1 half of dross & 1 half of somewhat attacking football.

Yeah I agree, I would like to see a change in management also but it doesn't look like the board feel the same. Last night was much better in terms of a good 90 minutes in my opinion, although Clyde were poor and only looked like they wanted to play it long.

15 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I have a funny feeling we are going to pick up another 3 points tomorrow.

Anyone else feeling as optomistic as me?

No. Haha. I'd imagine they will be a better side with Dick Campbell in charge. Hope you are right though!

It's going to be an interesting last ten games with six teams in the mix now after yesterday's results.

We need to achieve wins against fellow strugglers, it really is that simple.

Can Mr McKinnon put out attacking sides in the next two fixtures?