Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Home with an 80's hint, Away with an authentic 1905-09 hint and the 3rd being the 1st ever Forfar Athletic kit from 1885

When will the Pendle hell finish?

image.png.ca48fe09cf0c2690415951febeb9d0b1.pngimage.png.3b2910589a12b9d28add20b37e55550c.pngimage.png.7d82a0f310ef5ddc471ca6d72b6d7b0b.png

Why do the board not realise the fans hate pendle with a passion

12 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Appin are Edinburgh based so should be as easy to get replacement kit as Pendle, they also do bespoke stuff, Sky Blue has to comeback

Unfortunately with the choice of mint as the away shirt Navy is nailed on for next season. 

I'm convinced those in the building choose navy now just because they know it boils our piss.

4 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

I'm convinced those in the building choose navy now just because they know it boils our piss.

This sort of opinion is really getting boring.

Do you also happen to believe the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood studio?

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

This sort of opinion is really getting boring.

Do you also happen to believe the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood studio?

No, it was filmed in the boardroom at station park.

16 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Unfortunately with the choice of mint as the away shirt Navy is nailed on for next season. 

We could potentially have sky blue again if we go with white as the secondary colour, similar to the Baird/Hilson season as the away kit then was white and navy. Might be clutching at straws there however.

27 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Your constant moaning at people who don't lick arse for a living is really getting boring.

You don't get it do you just because me and others don't believe the board intentionally make kit decisions to spite fans, doesn't mean we're happy with the decisions

At the start of the season and in the summer plenty of us made it clear that we want the home kit to always be majority sky blue and also that we don't like how we shoehorn ourselves into this rinse and repeat Pendle catalogue cycle.

At the end of the season we'll be probably speak about it again when the new home kit will be due, right now my main problem with the board is that they never sacked ray before we went on this effectively unsackable run because that's the biggest issue.

Edited by ScottishLoon

I reckon the spearmint top will be our home top next season. 

Pendle have definitely had more bad than good designs, but the sky and navy hoops was a belter, the sky blue with white trim during the good Weir season was good too.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

You don't get it do you just because me and others don't believe the board intentionally make kit decisions to spite fans, doesn't mean we're happy with the decisions

At the start of the season and in the summer plenty of us made it clear that we want the home kit to always be majority sky blue and also that we don't like how we shoehorn ourselves into this rinse and repeat Pendle catalogue cycle.

At the end of the season we'll be probably speak about it again when the new home kit will be due, right now my main problem with the board is that they never sacked ray before we went on this effectively unsackable run because that's the biggest issue.

🎣

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Finlay Allan doing? Got a chance of breaking through with us next season?

He is doing ok, some Forfar fans don't rate him as he runs around too much, they much prefer the big lazy types who give the team nothing.

Needs another season at this level.

Just now, tbsouth said:

He is doing ok, some Forfar fans don't rate him as he runs around too much, they much prefer the big lazy types who give the team nothing.

Needs another season at this level.

I think he has been a great addition, a player who's first thought is to go forward with the ball. Not sure if he is quite ready for Dundee's 1st team though, another year on loan will help like you said 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Finlay Allan doing? Got a chance of breaking through with us next season?

No to playing for Dundee next season, has been pretty direct I think he’s doing fine 

It's a good level for any 17-year old to be getting regular game time, and the experience will be invaluable I reckon. Also glad to see Rayan Mohammed grabbing another goal, bit of fortune about the setup with some comical Clyde defending causing a tap-in (I think his other goal was similar too), but both goals have been important and I assume he's already having more of an effect than Mutale did?

Results-wise it's looked from a distance that 2024 has started very well for Forfar (Peterhead collapse aside), so of course the moans change instead to the kits :lol: Seriously though, I totally agree. Pendle is gash and despite my love of navy, it just doesn't look right as a Forfar home kit. I do quite like the concepts posted above, some actual thought put into the kits for a change.

Mohammed looks infinitely better than Mutale to me, not sure he could play in top flight though. I like Allen, has something going for him but will need a couple of seasons to get him to level of playing for Dundee.