Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

15 draws now. Without any doubt the most boring season I’ve ever witnessed following Forfar. 

Just going by the lack of enthusiasm on here, shows I’m not alone in my opinion.

An absolute nothing season, things need to improve next season.

Anyone there yesterday? Same old?

Same old yesterday. So boring to watch. 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

3 year rolling nonsense.

Wow. I assume the board thought someone would want to come in for him at some point and would be a money maker, looking more likely it would need a big pay off. 

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

15 draws now. Without any doubt the most boring season I’ve ever witnessed following Forfar. 

Just going by the lack of enthusiasm on here, shows I’m not alone in my opinion.

An absolute nothing season, things need to improve next season.

Anyone there yesterday? Same old?

Yeah one of the most boring teams in all my years watching us. Just so unbalanced, such a good League Two defence/ goalkeeper such a poor attacking unit ( though part of that is the set up of the team). If that manager is in charge next season will start picking and choosing games more I think.

We're 11 games unbeaten yet we still have the same amount of wins as the current worst team in the league bonnyrigg who have only won once in 13 games since Christmas... Speaks volumes as to how our season has been.

Also here's another fact that is mental, when it hits April 1st we'll have officially gone a whole year without a consecutive league win... Now that should be considered sackable.

This unbeaten run is the definition of papering over cracks.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

This unbeaten run is the definition of papering over cracks.

It’s a false narrative that Facebook happy clappers hide behind, we would have been better off losing some of those games but winning others. We are going to draw ourselves to safety but it is neither enjoyable nor particularly comendable.

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah one of the most boring teams in all my years watching us. Just so unbalanced, such a good League Two defence/ goalkeeper such a poor attacking unit ( though part of that is the set up of the team). If that manager is in charge next season will start picking and choosing games more I think.

My thoughts exactly.

I’ve already decided, if it’s the same manager next season, I won’t be renewing my season ticket.

Looking at McKinnon’s record so far, it’s very much par for the course under him as it’s all just level or thereabouts.

22 wins, 22 draws and 18 losses.

Although one of those wins was after ET against Huntly and a loss was on penalties to Elgin in the Trust Trophy (unsurprisingly, a 0-0).

69 goals scored, 69 conceded. 18 games where we haven’t scored, 20 where we’ve kept clean sheets. Nine goalless draws.

Uninspiring and dull.

On 24/03/2024 at 14:11, speedframe said:

For the uneducated here re contracts (ie yours truly) can you explain what a rolling contract actually means.

He essentially always has 3 years remaining on his deal, it runs from today until 3 years and keeps shifting along each day. I think fans get a bit caught up in this stuff such as the guy before you who thinks having a 3 year deal means mega-compenasation if Forfar want to end it or if another club wants to take him away. I expect it will cost Forfar around 3 months of McKinnons wage if they want to bag him unless they've agreed something unusual.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He essentially always has 3 years remaining on his deal, it runs from today until 3 years and keeps shifting along each day. I think fans get a bit caught up in this stuff such as the guy before you who thinks having a 3 year deal means mega-compenasation if Forfar want to end it or if another club wants to take him away. I expect it will cost Forfar around 3 months of McKinnons wage if they want to bag him unless they've agreed something unusual.

I reckon we could crowd fund that.

On 26/03/2024 at 08:03, The Moonster said:

Sorry if i'm being stupid here, but I don't really understand what the 3 year rolling contract means either.

But with your explanation of him needing 3 months wages as compensation if he is binned, then what benfit does he get from it being a 3 year rolling contract? Why would it not just be a 1 year rolling contract if it was only ever going to cost 3 months wages to get rid?

I accept you are only guessing, but it doesn't make much sense to me. I have always just assumed a 3 year rolling contract would mean that he would be due 3 years salary if he was binned, which also seems ridicilous!

7 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Sorry if i'm being stupid here, but I don't really understand what the 3 year rolling contract means either.

But with your explanation of him needing 3 months wages as compensation if he is binned, then what benfit does he get from it being a 3 year rolling contract? Why would it not just be a 1 year rolling contract if it was only ever going to cost 3 months wages to get rid?

I accept you are only guessing, but it doesn't make much sense to me. I have always just assumed a 3 year rolling contract would mean that he would be due 3 years salary if he was binned, which also seems ridicilous!

There's absolutely no chance McKinnon will be due 3 years wages if he gets sacked, that's unaffordable for any part time club and there's no chance Forfar sign up to that. I've no idea why they chose 3 years as the term, there will be some reason for it but unless Forfar have been incredibly stupid I doubt he'll be due much more than 3 months wages if he gets punted. 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's absolutely no chance McKinnon will be due 3 years wages if he gets sacked, that's unaffordable for any part time club and there's no chance Forfar sign up to that. I've no idea why they chose 3 years as the term, there will be some reason for it but unless Forfar have been incredibly stupid I doubt he'll be due much more than 3 months wages if he gets punted. 

Hopefully you are correct, all speculation anyway, as absolutely no chance of the clowns on the board getting rid of their mate.

On 26/03/2024 at 08:03, The Moonster said:

Where have you seen it is a 3 year rolling contract? He was appointed in Nov 22 and the deal runs out in May 25 so that is only 2.5 years? and it may just be a 12 month rolling contract up until May 2025 and after that the current terms expire and need to be renegotiated? Which gave him the power to swan off to Forest Green leaving Forfar with no say or hold on him? You would think this would also have given Forfar an affordable way to get rid of him if he was unsuccessful? 

Change of topic but heard Smokie will be gone in the next 24 hours!

9 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Yeah I heard he played 2 forward passes in a row at training a while back, and that was the final straw for McKinnon, banised to the bench for his crimes!

In all seriousness, will be sad to see him go, always enjoyed watching him play when he was on his game, but just another victim of McKinnons negativity.

Any idea where he is going?

Just now, ForfarLoon84 said:

Yeah I heard he played 2 forward passes in a row at training a while back, and that was the final straw for McKinnon, banised to the bench for his crimes!

In all seriousness, will be sad to see him go, always enjoyed watching him play when he was on his game, but just another victim of McKinnons negativity.

Any idea where he is going?

ahaha. Yeah he has completely fallen out of favour and doesn't look happy whenever I have seen him warming up. He was looking good in preseason as well until he got injured. 

Lochee United mate

2 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

ahaha. Yeah he has completely fallen out of favour and doesn't look happy whenever I have seen him warming up. He was looking good in preseason as well until he got injured. 

Lochee United mate

Oh, I was maybe going to go along and watch them tonight too, but will wait and see how the weather is.

Very good signing for them, they should be a decent watch next season.

5 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Oh, I was maybe going to go along and watch them tonight too, but will wait and see how the weather is.

Very good signing for them, they should be a decent watch next season.

Not sure if he is playing tonight but have heard it is supposed to be happening. 

Yeah they will be a good watch, I plan on going to a match soon also. 

1 hour ago, farfirloon said:

Where have you seen it is a 3 year rolling contract? He was appointed in Nov 22 and the deal runs out in May 25 so that is only 2.5 years? and it may just be a 12 month rolling contract up until May 2025 and after that the current terms expire and need to be renegotiated? Which gave him the power to swan off to Forest Green leaving Forfar with no say or hold on him? You would think this would also have given Forfar an affordable way to get rid of him if he was unsuccessful? 

It was a Forfar fan who said he was on a 3 year rolling deal, I have no idea the length or terms of McKinnons deal, was just commenting on what the "rolling" aspect means.