Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That would be a cracker without the stupid patches on the shoulders 

It's the lighting in the picture that's making it look like that because it's a lot more subtle and looks all the same colour in person 

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

It's the lighting in the picture that's making it look like that because it's a lot more subtle and looks all the same colour in person 

I’m not even entirely sure if it’s the perceived difference in colour that makes me dislike them, I just think it would like a lot nicer if it was all mint with navy sleeves and trim although I doubt a Montrose fan is their target market so my opinion on it means very little.

10 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I’m not even entirely sure if it’s the perceived difference in colour that makes me dislike them, I just think it would like a lot nicer if it was all mint with navy sleeves and trim although I doubt a Montrose fan is their target market so my opinion on it means very little.

Will probably look worse to you if we win on Tuesday in it. 😋

I thought Seb Ross was shite today, think the new kit is phenomenal and Nditi is brilliant so pretty much the antithesis of the opinion on here.

Skelly will be some player if he brings his shooting boots, excellent work as a lone striker.

Inglis looks class and Moore looks ready to kick on.  

5 at the back is the way going forward I’d say

21 minutes ago, lwh said:

I thought Seb Ross was shite today, think the new kit is phenomenal and Nditi is brilliant so pretty much the antithesis of the opinion on here.

Skelly will be some player if he brings his shooting boots, excellent work as a lone striker.

Inglis looks class and Moore looks ready to kick on.  

5 at the back is the way going forward I’d say

Sebs better through the middle we knew that from last season, he had his big chance after he was moved there in the second half. he doesn't play wide enough when he's put on the wing and that's why we end up relying on thommo.

A natural left winger should be the priority now, then a striker and then wing back cover. 

46 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I haven't been to a game yet but looking at the squad I like the 3-4-3 formation.

Nah we are definitely 4 at the back so far. Look very neat and tidy, sharp passing and runs but very little cutting edge so far. 

Just now, nofixedability said:

Nah we are definitely 4 at the back so far. Look very neat and tidy, sharp passing and runs but very little cutting edge so far. 

So I believe but I'd prefer 3-4-3 looking at the make up of the squad. 

1 hour ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

The 5-4-1 we played against Montrose in the friendly was perfect, we should stay with that

It's technically 3-4-3, should only turn into 5-4-1 if you're under heavy pressure and against a top team. 5-4-1 would be a complete waste to set up that defensively and don't think we will with the players we have.

Edited by ScottishLoon

With Montrose grabbing a surprise victory on Saturday against top seeds St Mirren. Does that change anyone's prediction for tomorrow's match and how our group will pan out?

Personally, I would've guessed a draw tomorrow and whilst I think we still can. I'm less confident.

As for the group, doesn't change in my opinion as I don't think we'd make it out of the group.

8 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

With Montrose grabbing a surprise victory on Saturday against top seeds St Mirren. Does that change anyone's prediction for tomorrow's match and how our group will pan out?

Personally, I would've guessed a draw tomorrow and whilst I think we still can. I'm less confident.

As for the group, doesn't change in my opinion as I don't think we'd make it out of the group.

It definitely made it more competitive and probably proved that they'll be a different animal than the friendly a couple weeks ago.

We have a pretty bad record at links competitively in recent history but that being said I think we still have to go there looking for the win to have any chance to qualify.

I just hope that we can take our chances this game because they've got plenty of fire power and would be surprised if we kept a clean sheet.

29 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Just seen that Alastair Donald has been appointed to the spfl board....

Very interesting.

He already was on the SPFL board but has been reelected. I'm sure he'd like Mr Doncaster's job one day.

7 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

He already was on the SPFL board but has been reelected. I'm sure he'd like Mr Doncaster's job one day.

Right okay didn't remember that tbh, the thing that came to mind was seeing him recently in the club interview being sympathetic to the conference league.

Would quite like to avoid a situation like what happened with ken Ferguson at Brechin.

Edited by ScottishLoon

10 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I noticed that Mr Doncaster was in the stand at the Alpha Projects Stadium  Station Park on Saturday