Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

13 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Forfar away shirt.

I've bought Pendle before but the Forfar shirt was labelled a S-M (38-40) but the actual size was 44 inches.

Are the current crop of shirt sizes accurate?

Is the S-M actually 38-40 and is the large 44 inches?

Thanks in advance.

The current generation of shirts are tighter than before. The last shirt I bought was the gold away so not bought for awhile.

6 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Lichtie visiting in peace. Are we your main derby opposition? 

That's an interesting question. I think due to recent history (L2 title fight, Arbroath's promotion to championship, Dick Campbell and when he pinched our top players) we probably do have a fair amount of beef with you guys.

However, historically I'd say Brechin as our biggest rival.

I guess for Arbroath fans. Montrose will be your biggest rivalry.

7 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Historically it’s Abroath.

Both of us joined the football leagues the exact same year together as later on Montrose and Brechin joined together. 

Don’t have as much hatred towards Brechin fans as I do towards those smokie scums

16 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

That's an interesting question. I think due to recent history (L2 title fight, Arbroath's promotion to championship, Dick Campbell and when he pinched our top players) we probably do have a fair amount of beef with you guys.

I guess for Arbroath fans. Montrose will be your biggest rivalry.

Aye, I reckon installing Bollan rather than Petrie fair opened the door for us on Forfar players. 
Pretty sure for most Arbroath fans the main rival is Montrose. History of bother. 

My level of hatred goes from most to least:

Arbroath 

Brechin 

Montrose 

although if you’d asked me this when Sean Dillon and Rory McAllister were getting away with their thuggery on Tuesday then it might’ve been different 

Just now, lwh said:

My level of hatred goes from most to least:

Arbroath 

Brechin 

Montrose 

although if you’d asked me this when Sean Dillon and Rory McAllister were getting away with their thuggery on Tuesday then it might’ve been different 

This is probably due to Montrose being largely irrelevant to us for most of my childhood, there’s just something about Arbroath which pisses me off deeply inside, and it started before campbell and the title bottling

I live hundreds of miles away and for some reason I dislike Arbroath immensely,  obviously the Campbell connection and pilfering good players fuelled the flames.

Growing up I used to tell all my mates it was Brechin we all had to hate lol but sadly now they are pretty irrelevant. So yep, can't stand Arbroath. Come on Forfar !!! Get the job done tonight. 

13 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

No real heat in the derby against Brechin. 

Back in the day there was plenty heat in the Forfar Brechin matches, running battles on the terraces, I remember Archie Knox as player manager coming onto the terraces at the cemetery end at Glebe Park trying to calm the situation. It’s not that many years ago, ie in your lifetime, that there was a big flashpoint when me and my Dad and our cronies were pelted with coins and pies from the young team at Brechin, we stood up and they 💩 it. I’ve never experienced any real bother with Arbroath, there’s been occasional minor conflicts in the past with Montrose. I’d say it’s a greater rivalry with Arbroath in that beating them is more satisfying than other derbies but it’s not hate as such. The thing is I have good friends who are proper supporters of at all three of the other Angus teams. I know the Mug Man has a real hate for Brechin 🤣

Edited by theSilverFox

6 hours ago, lwh said:

This is probably due to Montrose being largely irrelevant to us for most of my childhood, there’s just something about Arbroath which pisses me off deeply inside, and it started before campbell and the title bottling

First time I took a derby seriously was when we were playing Arbroath during the 2010 play off final.

The second leg of that tie at station park with deasleys last minute goal is up there as one of my favourite forfar matches.

Edited by ScottishLoon

6 hours ago, lwh said:

This is something I'm very jealous of. I'd love for us to have a rival team that I hate. The sort of team who I'd get a buzz out of seeing lose, even when we aren't doing well. It's a feeling I only get for the England national team, it makes me sick when they're doing well and I become a seething mess. I wish I could have that feeling in club football.

Surprised to see all the Arbroath hatred 😂

This is now practically a home game for me I’m about a 6 minute round trip walk to Station Park and back to the house at the moment. Only temporarily just now but plan is to eventually buy and move into the town permanently so would be delighted if any future child of mine decided to support Forfar over the Old Firm however I will well and truly be pushing for them to support Arbroath 😂

A big game for you lads but after our slip up against Cowdenbeath it’s practically meaningless for us. Can’t see a good support through and fully expect Forfar to win the game we’ve been miles off it.