Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Last game of the calendar year see us fail to win at home (again).

Despite the rampant optimism of some *cough* Facebook *cough*, I'm not seeing anywhere near enough to suggest McKinnon is the man to take us forward. 

There's never a lack of effort within the squad, but that's not really been the problem. It's a squad bereft of ideas & quality.

Even with a man down we should've been able to do something against that EF team, who are in a pretty similar situation as ourselves.

Today pretty much summed up the majority of the last 12 months supporting forfar... Dull & uninspiring.

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

No wins at home is an utterly grim state of affairs. There's a blandness to our squad I haven't seen before.

At what point do we think Matty Aitken will overtake our entire squad?

It won't be long mate. I see your hopeless jobber got sent off today as The King added another brace to his tally.

It's brilliant lads. I'll never forget your lads in here coming on our thread and telling us what a waste of space Matty was and how Skelly was the dugs baws after the pre-season friendly tournament.

The King will be bang up for it again next week to sink Uncle Ray's hapless duds. 

Yummy.

Glad to see Matty Aitken scoring goals. It was hard for him to try and look good at Forfar when it was high balls played to strikers 90% of the time, he is obviously getting the ball to feet at Stenny.

Worrying times for Forfar with the lack of link up between midfield and strikers, big January ahead for McKinnon, although not convinced he will turn it around with his lack of attacking football.

Patty, Thommo or Mcleod deserve a start over Watson and Kinglis for me. At least they try and make things happen.

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It won't be long mate. I see your hopeless jobber got sent off today as The King added another brace to his tally.

It's brilliant lads. I'll never forget your lads in here coming on our thread and telling us what a waste of space Matty was and how Skelly was the dugs baws after the pre-season friendly tournament.

The King will be bang up for it again next week to sink Uncle Ray's hapless duds. 

Yummy.

Enjoy your night , mate 

17 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Glad to see Matty Aitken scoring goals. It was hard for him to try and look good at Forfar when it was high balls played to strikers 90% of the time, he is obviously getting the ball to feet at Stenny.

Worrying times for Forfar with the lack of link up between midfield and strikers, big January ahead for McKinnon, although not convinced he will turn it around with his lack of attacking football.

Patty, Thommo or Mcleod deserve a start over Watson and Kinglis for me. At least they try and make things happen.

Been saying it all season, the link between midfield and strikers is killing us.

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Been saying it all season, the link between midfield and strikers is killing us.

Aye it is worrying that Ray doesn't seem to act upon that and play one or two more attack minded players.. Last week vs Peterhead it was two attacks on the counter that won us the game, both of Seb's goals were pretty much identical, a long ball over the top and he rounded the keeper. 

I think we may have won today though had Skelly not been sent off, I missed the challenge as well!! I cant believe East Fife are above us to be honest, they didn't have much about them at all

7 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Aye it is worrying that Ray doesn't seem to act upon that and play one or two more attack minded players.. Last week vs Peterhead it was two attacks on the counter that won us the game, both of Seb's goals were pretty much identical, a long ball over the top and he rounded the keeper. 

I think we may have won today though had Skelly not been sent off, I missed the challenge as well!! I cant believe East Fife are above us to be honest, they didn't have much about them at all

Totally agree, we were the better team today and had we kept 11 men on the pitch I think we would have got 3 points.

Midfielders are all the same type of player, we need a forward thinker in there linking up with the strikers 

Edited by ForfarLoon84

3 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Totally agree, we were the better team today and had we kept 11 men on the pitch I think we would have got 3 points.

Midfielders are all the same type of player, we need a forward thinker in there linking up with the strikers 

I think we have been the better footballing side often this season, just the link between mid to front like you say is lacking. 

Yeah your are spot on with midfield, all too happy to play side to side. Seen us play 5 in midfield this season a few times and would love to see Whatley, Robson/Kinglis siiting and either Patty or Seb in that attacking area. 

I have been disappointed with FInn this seasoin compared to last season to be honest, although he has played better these last two weeks.

8 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I think we have been the better footballing side often this season, just the link between mid to front like you say is lacking. 

Yeah your are spot on with midfield, all too happy to play side to side. Seen us play 5 in midfield this season a few times and would love to see Whatley, Robson/Kinglis siiting and either Patty or Seb in that attacking area. 

I have been disappointed with FInn this seasoin compared to last season to be honest, although he has played better these last two weeks.

"Kinglis" is hopeless.

EDIT Also, why would you want two players sitting?

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

7 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I agree, I think Patty in the Number 10 role, with a CDM behind, supplying strikers with pace (Seb, Watson, Thomson) would be good to see.

Different story next week though, very tough opponents. 

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

"Kinglis" is hopeless.

EDIT Also, why would you want two players sitting?

Kinglis has been hopeless since he has came back from injury but the potential is there.

If we play a 3-5-2, why wouldn't you want 2 sitting?? If it was Robson or Kinglis then they can see that pass from deeper??