Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

18 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Sorry where do you think I was pushing 3-5-2?

I only mentioned if we play 5 in the middle? 

1 hour ago, farfirloon said:

If we play a 3-5-2, why wouldn't you want 2 sitting?? If it was Robson or Kinglis then they can see that pass from deeper??

We haven't played 3-5-2 (just about the only thing he hasn't tried) so assumed you wanted it, no?

15 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We haven't played 3-5-2 (just about the only thing he hasn't tried) so assumed you wanted it, no?

I think some weeks we have played a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2. Maybe I was being optimistic in thinking it was 3 at the back and it was in fact 5🙈🤣 

I think we need some more quality up top before we can play two up front. Seb and Patty are wasted up there imo.

6 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Watched the highlights earlier, Skelly’s red card looks even more ridiculous than I thought, why is he lunging in like that?

You just can’t get away with jumping in like that these days, just stupid. 

Yep, it's an obvious red and as you say why is he flying in like that?

McKinnon saying there will be changes in January is, at last something positive.

19 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Yep, it's an obvious red and as you say why is he flying in like that?

McKinnon saying there will be changes in January is, at last something positive.

Are all three loanees back to their clubs in January?

If so, will probably be three more loan players in the door.

Hopefully more successful than the current 3, they have been nothing short of a disaster sadly. 

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Are all three loanees back to their clubs in January?

If so, will probably be three more loan players in the door.

Hopefully more successful than the current 3, they have been nothing short of a disaster sadly. 

Ferguson and MacLeod’s loans end in January but Mutale is supposed to be season long. Would expect it to be cut short.

MacLeod recalled by United, although the loan ended sometime this month anyway.

Not a big loss, he didn’t really contribute anything worthwhile considering he was loaned out by United to score goals.

21 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

MacLeod recalled by United, although the loan ended sometime this month anyway.

Not a big loss, he didn’t really contribute anything worthwhile considering he was loaned out by United to score goals.

He didn’t contribute anything as McKinnon hardly played him at all and when he did it was at RM. His strongest position is ST. 

On 30/12/2023 at 22:06, ForfarLoon84 said:

Totally agree, we were the better team today and had we kept 11 men on the pitch I think we would have got 3 points.

Midfielders are all the same type of player, we need a forward thinker in there linking up with the strikers 

Paterson maybe? 

Looks like Nditi didn’t make the final squad for Tanzania. Shame for him but to be in the provisional squad is still a great experience for him.

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Looks like Nditi didn’t make the final squad for Tanzania. Shame for him but to be in the provisional squad is still a great experience for him.

Would have been worth a substantial amount of money to us if he was selected