Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, Loons near and far said:

Sure his name no Ryan Patterson? 

Hahaha yeah you're not wrong, done that thing where you're thinking of somebody with another name so you type it. 🤦‍♂️😂

I'm sure whoever jack Paterson is he's a great lad, but I'd very much like that we sign Ryan.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Glad Ray has decided to stay. Couldn't have been easy turning down a big money move to a foriegn league.  Good on him.

Welcome back Ray, the nay sayers will soon go quiet when the wins come in.

Heres to a successful season. 

The Thai Loons.

Folk saying that Ray McKinnon wouldn't be interested in trebling his wages because he made good money during his playing career and managerial career - seriously? Dundee Utd in the 80s/90s weren't paying the sorts of wages you could retire on; he's been at Raith Rovers, Morton, Falkirk, Brechin and yourselves so he's not been on Mourinho money... 

For any player or manager in Scotland, a move to England is like the holy grail. Do even a half decent job down there and there's a chance you will start to earn the kind of money that will mean you are comfortable and able to pick and choose your jobs. Hell even Postegoglou moved down south despite being on big money at a big club. I'm sure supporters of most teams would be delighted if their manager was wanted by a team down south as it would mean he'd been doing a good job. 

The loyalty thing is odd too, its not like he'd been out the game for ages or had a serious injury or something and Forfar were doing him a favour employing him. You were in a spot of bother, he was available and took the job.

With McKinnon in charge and the squad you have, I'd expect you to be challenging for promotion. Good luck to the Loons and the second best bridies in Scottish football. 

18 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Laughable version of events regarding Ray, and also a worrying comment about the conference league, which suggests to me that the board were minded to vote yes.

Do you think the whole board were in favour of the conference league or just Mr Donald? 

I know which I'm more inclined to think 🤔 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

Laughable version of events regarding Ray, and also a worrying comment about the conference league, which suggests to me that the board were minded to vote yes.

Thought that too about conference league 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Folk saying that Ray McKinnon wouldn't be interested in trebling his wages because he made good money during his playing career and managerial career - seriously? Dundee Utd in the 80s/90s weren't paying the sorts of wages you could retire on; he's been at Raith Rovers, Morton, Falkirk, Brechin and yourselves so he's not been on Mourinho money... 

For any player or manager in Scotland, a move to England is like the holy grail. Do even a half decent job down there and there's a chance you will start to earn the kind of money that will mean you are comfortable and able to pick and choose your jobs. Hell even Postegoglou moved down south despite being on big money at a big club. I'm sure supporters of most teams would be delighted if their manager was wanted by a team down south as it would mean he'd been doing a good job. 

The loyalty thing is odd too, its not like he'd been out the game for ages or had a serious injury or something and Forfar were doing him a favour employing him. You were in a spot of bother, he was available and took the job.

With McKinnon in charge and the squad you have, I'd expect you to be challenging for promotion. Good luck to the Loons and the second best bridies in Scottish football. 

Dunfermline’s bridies are an absolute myth. An insult to the word

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Do you think the whole board were in favour of the conference league or just Mr Donald? 

I know which I'm more inclined to think 🤔 

Given that Mr Donald was the man responsible for sacking DC and appointing Bollan, I'd be inclined to think he's the Gerald Ratner of angus football clubs, and therefore predisposed to back the worst solution of any available 

Edited by RateofKnots

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Welcome back Ray, the nay sayers will soon go quiet when the wins come in.

I won't go quiet. I can hold a grudge with the best of them.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Some Forfar fans wanting their nose cut off to spite their face here and I don't quite understand it. 

It's the complete opposite.

Let's say we have a really good start to the season and we're in the mix for top spot, are we really confident now that he'll be with us the entire season to see it through? Full time clubs know now publicly that he's completely available if they want him.

I'd much rather not that hanging over our club or season even if he's a good manager and we're doing well.

And don't worry btw if things unfortunately don't start well then I'm aware how many people will be changing their opinion.

Edited by ScottishLoon

How was Mark Gallagher for you lads? Strong rumours in the media he will sign for us imminently as negotiations are complete between Cove and Formartine. 

He played in a friendly for us last week against Dunfermline and held his own well. Clearly got some height, strength and technical ability but for his career to dip like it has there must be some flaws. Is he more defensively minded?

Alongside one or two of Fyvie, Yule, Scully or Sena I think he'll be capable in L1. Whether he's going to get regular starts or be a squad player who knows.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How was Mark Gallagher for you lads? Strong rumours in the media he will sign for us imminently as negotiations are complete between Cove and Formartine. 

He played in a friendly for us last week against Dunfermline and held his own well. Clearly got some height, strength and technical ability but for his career to dip like it has there must be some flaws. Is he more defensively minded?

Alongside one or two of Fyvie, Yule, Scully or Sena I think he'll be capable in L1. Whether he's going to get regular starts or be a squad player who knows.

Was ok