Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

42 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I think it's cool. Wait to see it in the flesh to see if that changes my opinion. But there's hope if Pendle do, do bespoke now. That I think is the biggest pleaser.

It does seem like a bespoke choice. 

1 hour ago, IpswichLoon said:

Liking both kits !!! 

How have we played first half ? 

Played well first half but lost almost all intensity second half and the game got scrappy, overall got the job done and should of scored more and been comfortable.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Scrappy game but a win is a win, hopefully the players gel more and we can bring in some more reinforcements.

On the note of the stewards, it seems like they can’t go a game without causing problems. They were accusing a group of boys of spitting at the Cowden physio - I was pretty much beside them and nobody had even done so. After the head steward had spoken to them, another went up to try and intimidate them. Nothing ever seems to be done about the stewards and it’s been a few years there has been issues.

19 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Scrappy game but a win is a win, hopefully the players gel more and we can bring in some more reinforcements.

On the note of the stewards, it seems like they can’t go a game without causing problems. They were accusing a group of boys of spitting at the Cowden physio - I was pretty much beside them and nobody had even done so. After the head steward had spoken to them, another went up to try and intimidate them. Nothing ever seems to be done about the stewards and it’s been a few years there has been issues.

Station Park is famous for bridies and bad Stewarding. Nothing new there.

Nice to get a win & a clean sheet. That small issue of failing to kill teams off reared its head again, may have been less comfortable against a league 2 side.

First half was good, should of scored two or three. Second half not so much. Marc made a couple of decent saves in both half’s to keep the score down. 
Failure to put the ball in the back of the net is going to come around and bite us in the behind in the league. Need to be more clinical in the final third. 

I’ve been quite impressed with Inglis & Morrison since they’ve signed for us. Moore also has been quietly impressive, much improved from last season. Nditi worries me a lot defensively, he’s far too rash & impulsive at times allowing the opposition to get in behind him, gets caught out of position too much for my liking. 
Thommo again very threatening, but just lacking the final pass at times. Thought Seb Ross had a very good game today & deserved a goal but it wasn’t to be.

Need another option up top, Skelly ran his socks off but looked absolutely knackered with about 10 minutes to go.

21 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

First half was good, should of scored two or three. Second half not so much. Marc made a couple of decent saves in both half’s to keep the score down. 
Failure to put the ball in the back of the net is going to come around and bite us in the behind in the league. Need to be more clinical in the final third. 

I’ve been quite impressed with Inglis & Morrison since they’ve signed for us. Moore also has been quietly impressive, much improved from last season. Nditi worries me a lot defensively, he’s far too rash & impulsive at times allowing the opposition to get in behind him, gets caught out of position too much for my liking. 
Thommo again very threatening, but just lacking the final pass at times. Thought Seb Ross had a very good game today & deserved a goal but it wasn’t to be.

Need another option up top, Skelly ran his socks off but looked absolutely knackered with about 10 minutes to go.

Skelly reminds me of David Cox a way in how he runs himself into the ground, I like seeing how much he cares and is very vocal so already much improved on Matty in those aspects, you can tell he's desperate to score all the time too.

trouble is he won't get away with being like that for 90 minutes every week or he could end up injuring himself. looks like Watson will be used as wide man so we definitely need someone to help skelly out.

41 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Skelly could've had a hatrick today, very unlucky to not even get one!

Inglis is class, and I agree Moore seems so much freer now he hasn't got Slater to compete with.

Nditi looked better as a RWB (as does Brindley at LWB) so I do think the 3/5 defence is better for us this season.

All our CBs are vocal and impressive so we should have the strongest defence in L2.

We desperately need more options up top, can't put it all on Skelly as he will likely get injured from his hard work.

27 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

trouble is he won't get away with being like that for 90 minutes every week or he could end up injuring himself. looks like Watson will be used as wide man so we definitely need someone to help skelly out.

16 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

We desperately need more options up top, can't put it all on Skelly as he will likely get injured from his hard work.

I’d like to see Paterson up front again, he did well in the game against Montrose. Obviously we would still need another option up front, but I think he’d do well there too. Another winger could be helpful too.