Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

For me the problems are very very obvious in each area

Defence - Andy Munro - why he mixed up a settled and solid defence to bring him in I’ll never know. He should be 5th choice.

Midfield - Inglis needs to play in the middle. We look so much more creative and dangerous when he does imo, let the other man do the dirty work

Going forward - Need to let the shackles off the wingbacks completely and get them as far up the park as possible which will allow the “wingers” to be narrow and support the striker like they did in the cup (I know the striker isn’t Skelly but the point still stands)

Problem players right now are Munro and Watson who should be nowhere near the pitch on current form 

8 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

The thing with robson is that he's clearly still learning the physicality and competitiveness needed in the senior game on the job and on the back of losing the comfort blanket of being a Dundee United player.

I think today was made clear of how we need somebody who can come in and compete with him for that deeper creative role in midfield to give him a bit of a break.

Thank you. What I was saying is that Robson has potential, but Forfar is not the right place for him to develop on that potential. 

8 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

He "runs smoothly" you're kidding right?

Each to their own I suppose.

Not attacking runs, but he moves well around the middle of the park, but doesn't do much with it because of the style of player he is.

I'm not fan boying the lad, just saying how I can see what he could do, in the right environment. For Forfar Whatley/Kinglis/Moore are better in the middle of the park for what we need.

Didn’t want to post last night as I had, had a few pints before and after the match, emotions can run high and didn’t want to say something I maybe would regret.

That yesterday was quite simply an absolute shambles, completely played off the park in the first half from Bonnyrigg.

Defensive errors and completely inept performances from players who somehow still get a start every week and get 90mins.

Munro - terrible and costing us a goal a game, for a team who can’t buy a goal, that’s criminal.

Robson - I’m not sure what he’s meant to be doing, if he’s a holding midfielder or he’s meant to be our attacking option? If it’s the latter then we are in serious trouble, he creates nothing!

Kinglis - Have been a fan of his, but yesterday wasn’t good enough and thought he maybe looked tired or even injured.

Mutale - Absolutely nowhere near good enough. Imagine Ferguson and Skelly will be in front of him in the pecking order.

Whatley must have been pulling his hair out watching that from the bench, I’ve moaned about him not being creative but he offers more than what was on show yesterday.

Finding it hard to believe we’ve went from the attacking flowing football I heard about in the league cup to what I am watching now, terrible, terrible football. And a lot of that I’d down to the negative formation and players McKinnon is selecting.

Must win next week but can only imagine we will set up negatively away from home in the hope of a clean sheet and somehow nick a goal.

Ps. Was at the game yesterday with a mate whose son plays in the juniors, he’s seen Paterson play numerous times and said it’s sad to see a player of his ability sitting on our bench, creates and scores goals.
And he’s also confident Skelly will get goals in this league if he’s provided with decent service, hopefully he’s back soon. 

Edited by ForfarLoon84

Right now McKinnon is the problem. He built this squad (after his failed attempt at doing a runner).

He sets them up to fail. Agree on all the points about Munro, Robson etc but blame lies at Raymond, we can all see certain individuals aren't good enough yet he flings them out there like a shitty nappy.

It's not time for jotters but 6 points minimum required from the next 3 games.

12 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Right now McKinnon is the problem. He built this squad (after his failed attempt at doing a runner).

He sets them up to fail. Agree on all the points about Munro, Robson etc but blame lies at Raymond, we can all see certain individuals aren't good enough yet he flings them out there like a shitty nappy.

It's not time for jotters but 6 points minimum required from the next 3 games.

You have to understand McKinnon hadn’t had the chance to play our strongest XI in the league yet due to so many injuries.

I know that excuse only lasted so long with Irvine but look at the squad we have now compared to last season.

31 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

You have to understand McKinnon hadn’t had the chance to play our strongest XI in the league yet due to so many injuries.

I know that excuse only lasted so long with Irvine but look at the squad we have now compared to last season.

Yesterday, we were only missing Skelly and Brindley (who probably wouldn't have started anyway). Injuries or not there's no need for us to be set up so negatively. 

Only the defence is better this year IMO.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

13 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

£17 for Clyde game deary me..

Just seen that, was thinking about going too but giving how we are playing just now and how we will probably set up, I can probably find something better to spend my £17 on.

Will decide nearer the weekend.