Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Well we've been drawn away to Huntly in the Scottish cup, a tougher draw than you might think because they seem to be doing really well this season.

Also this his bad luck we have with being drawn away so much is getting a little out of hand now. 🤔

Edited by ScottishLoon

40 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Well we've been drawn away to Huntly in the Scottish cup, a tougher draw than you might think because they seem to be doing really well this season.

Also this his bad luck we have with being drawn away so much is getting a little out of hand now. 🤔

Good day out 

34 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I don’t mind being drawn away from home when it’s a trip to somewhere a bit different! 

3 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I don’t mind being drawn away from home when it’s a trip to somewhere a bit different! 

Agreed, a trip away to Huntly is honestly more enjoyable for myself than say a home tie against someone like East Fife, which is still better than say Elgin or Dumbarton away.

47 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

In the 2020/21 season all our Scottish Cup matches were home ties: 

2nd Round: Forfar Athletic 4 - 1 Linlithgow (revenge for the time they kicked us out 3 years earlier)

3rd Round: Forfar Athletic 2 - 2 Edinburgh (5-3 pens)

4th Round: Forfar Athletic 0 - 1 Dundee United (TV game)

Since then we've always been drawn away, it's also the furthest we've gone in the cup since then.

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Much rather a trip north than hosting some shower like EK. 

Nice part of the country to visit & a tie we should absolutely be winning. Yes huntly are improving this season but it should be a comfortable win. It's an easier tie on paper than the 2 previous trips north for the cup.

On 18/09/2023 at 10:13, ForfarLoon84 said:

After Stranraer getting 5 at the weekend, I'd really like to see us going and having a go at them at the weekend.

Unfortunatley being away from home we will probably go back to setting up defensivley and be happy not to lose.

This is how i would like to see us line up 

McCallum

Nditi                    Whyte        Morrison                   Allan

Inglis                Whatley                 Moore

Paterson

Skelly      Macleod

Maybe even Finn Robson in for Whatley??                      

I wasn't far away with what I tought should be the starting 11.

Anyone know what was wrong with Kieran Inglis on Saturday?

19 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Matty Atken is leading our line brilliantly. I know you fermers were obsessed with him joining us & how bad he is so just a wee update. 

Just needed away from your horrible wee club. 

Thankfully matty isn't mixed race he'll not receive racist abuse from 1 of your fans, that Roberto nditi suffered the last time we were at stenny, and the steward thought a little talking to was acceptable  until the Forfar fans went nuts and the steward returned to put the boy out....eventually!!!