Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 hours ago, Burnsythebinman said:

thought yous were ok on saturday but it looks like clyde and elgin are strengthening. i could see yous getting sucked into a relegation dogfight with stranraer if yous dont bring new bodies in

Can't be sucked into something you're already part of.

On 07/01/2024 at 10:02, May Rckinnon said:

Anyone else spot Russell McLean in the crowd yesterday?

Highly doubt he was there for us, but if he somehow was, if Raymundo thinks that's the answer, we riot.

Not being funny but I’d take McLean over what we have right now.

The closer it is getting to Saturday, the less confident I am becoming that we are going to get anything from this game.

I hate being negative and i'm usually always positive, but I just can't see what we are going to do to turn things around.

We just seemed completely lost on Saturday, with no idea how or where a goal was coming from.

Somebody please convince me otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not being funny but I’d take McLean over what we have right now.

Especially with our style of play, launching high balls from defence to strikers, completely missing out the midfield, a tall target man is exactly what is required. Not 5' 8" players who like the ball at their feet.

I've been critical of the midfield this season not looking to take the ball into their feet from defence, but I noticed on Saturday that Lobban actually asked for the ball to feet a couple of times in decent areas, but was completely ignored and we just went for the usual punt up to the 6' 5" CH's and instanly gave up posession. Has it now just become a habit for the defenders to play it long and miss out the midfield? Do they not trust the midfielders to take it? Is it instruction from Mckinnon?

Shows how bad we are that people would take McLean. If we want a tall striker with no ability, surely we just play Ferguson. 

As for defenders lumping the ball forward, it’s long ball enthusiast Andy Munro so no surprises there.

59 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Shows how bad we are that people would take McLean. If we want a tall striker with no ability, surely we just play Ferguson. 

As for defenders lumping the ball forward, it’s long ball enthusiast Andy Munro so no surprises there.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning I'd be happy with Mclean, I was meaning a tall target man is what we would need if were to continue launching high balls up there.

And when i say a target man, I mean someone who can actually win a ball in the air, not someone who gets smaller when they jump. Ferguson should be nowhere near our starting 11.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

They seemed to be missing his finest moment from things he had a part in - demanding we appoint Bollan over Petrie.

He might be stepping down now but if we go down, he has still played a part in how far we’ve fallen.

7 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

I would take him over the options we have but that’s as far as I’d go.

We absolutely need to improve the squad in this window.

surely Ferguson’s loans got to be up by now?