Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

20 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Another loan signing by the looks of it by tomorrow

Really can't wait to find out what young player Dundee or United are looking to offload to us, to sit on our bench.

Hinting towards a shake up of the starting team as well, maybe Morrison (the best centre half in the league imo) moving even further up the park to play as striker, after completing his roles at CH, CDM, CAM. Would make sense.

4 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Really can't wait to find out what young player Dundee or United are looking to offload to us, to sit on our bench.

Hinting towards a shake up of the starting team as well, maybe Morrison (the best centre half in the league imo) moving even further up the park to play as striker, after completing his roles at CH, CDM, CAM. Would make sense.

Munro and Morrison might well be a better strike partnership than Rusty & Skelly. 🤣

No disrespect to this young man, he may be, and probably is, a fine player if not now then in the future but right now we need warriors not young laddies. We have a fight to survive ahead of us and that requires players that are experienced in grinding out results, understanding survival. What I see, and I hope I’m wrong, is a young lad that will be excited at getting game time (maybe) but will soon realise they’re a boy in a man’s world.

Finlay was a standout for me in the preseason games and whenever I've seen him play this season, caused teams no end of problems and is a genuine playmaker. We've given him a new 2-year deal for a reason, this lad's got something there. I get that it's not a fun time to be a Loon (seriously, you guys are like the most miserable posters on the site), but I do genuinely think Allan is the kind of player that can help provide a spark.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Finlay was a standout for me in the preseason games and whenever I've seen him play this season, caused teams no end of problems and is a genuine playmaker. We've given him a new 2-year deal for a reason, this lad's got something there. I get that it's not a fun time to be a Loon (seriously, you guys are like the most miserable posters on the site), but I do genuinely think Allan is the kind of player that can help provide a spark.

He will get that beaten out of him by McKinnon’s ultra negative football.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

No doubt in my mind the boy will have talent, as did Rory McLeod.

Mckinnon will soon drain every bit of that from him I’m afraid.

If I was DFC or DUFC coaching staff, I wouldn’t let McKinnon near any of my young talent. 

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Like Rory McLeod at United?? Ray won't play him then

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And also have you been to watch Forfar this season? Once you have you will realise why we are the most miserable posters on this site haha

Edited by farfirloon

21 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

And also have you been to watch Forfar this season? Once you have you will realise why we are the most miserable posters on this site haha

I never said it wasn't warranted lol, I've been keeping up with your season as Mutale was here and it's been very disappointing. Hopefully there's reason for optimism at some point in the rest of the season, and I'd personally like to see Allan and Mohammed providing it!

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I never said it wasn't warranted lol, I've been keeping up with your season as Mutale was here and it's been very disappointing. Hopefully there's reason for optimism at some point in the rest of the season, and I'd personally like to see Allan and Mohammed providing it!

It has been very disappointing bud. Feel for any attacking player in this side to be honest as it seems anything positive isn't wanted from Ray! I'd love for things to turn around at the club and for us to finish the season strongly but at the moment it feels like a sinking ship and we are going through the motions. It doesn't seem like a positive environment for any young player to develop in. Its terrible management thinking a 17 year old with no senior experience may pull us out of this shambles of a season. I really hope i am wrong 

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sure he is a player that can provide a spark but it seems McKinnon doesn’t like those kind of players.