Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

The last sky blue one we had was better, it was essentially that without the pointless stripes.

Fair enough, I quite like the stripes as both a look and a throwback, but it's not my club and that's just my opinon.

I don't think the club ever said it was to be a replica, just to pay homage. At least Pendle are doing more than "straight from the catalogue" kits.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic kit and I'm so happy we're back in sky blue.

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

I don't think the club ever said it was to be a replica, just to pay homage. At least Pendle are doing more than "straight from the catalogue" kits.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic kit and I'm so happy we're back in sky blue.

Personally would've preferred an all out throwback but I get what you're saying. The important thing is that navy is binned.

Bit of a whoopsie teasing a kit for a few days & not having it available for weeks though. Impossible to say why that is, but it's becoming a trend that the kits are becoming available later & later. Missed opportunity in sales tomorrow you'd feel whilst there's a buzz about the kit.

6 hours ago, C_titz said:

Similar to the one we had few years ago. Glad it’s back to sky blue 

I still have an 83/84 shirt. It was a Bukta "Athenian Shadow".  This one's not that far off imho and the photo from 84 they are using has the colour tone all wrong.

My friend done a placement with St Johnstone U18’s and said he saw the new loan signing training when he came back from his loan with Berwick. Told me he was a powerful centre half who can carry the ball. However, going by the Facebook post I feel we have signed him to play as a left back? 

2 hours ago, TheLoons said:

My friend done a placement with St Johnstone U18’s and said he saw the new loan signing training when he came back from his loan with Berwick. Told me he was a powerful centre half who can carry the ball. However, going by the Facebook post I feel we have signed him to play as a left back? 

Need someone to play there!

The stewards, having not thoroughly checked bags for plastic bottles have now demanded some 5/6 year old wee lassie bin her diet coke because 'she may throw it at someone'. FWIW, she was handing the drink back to her mum after each drink. 

They never fail to entertain.

Can't fault the effort for the most part. It's clear we lack creativity, livi were honking.

Looks like we'll need to rely heavily on set pieces this season.

Taylor was good 2nd half, Morrison played well once again.

Happy with the performance today, the scoreline flattered Livi. The new signings while not exciting me haven’t disappointed either, we’ll know once we play settled sides in our division where we are but right now there’s signs we can be optimistic.

I’m not happy at the poor refereeing today particularly when Skelly got kicked in the face (ie a head injury) and the ref ignored it resulting in us a man down for a few minutes and conceding.

2 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I’m not happy at the poor refereeing today particularly when Skelly got kicked in the face (ie a head injury) and the ref ignored it resulting in us a man down for a few minutes and conceding.

Yeah that was terrible, especially considering in the first half the same thing happened to Mclean and he stopped the game that time. Absolutely zero consistency.

4 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

The stewards, having not thoroughly checked bags for plastic bottles have now demanded some 5/6 year old wee lassie bin her diet coke because 'she may throw it at someone'. FWIW, she was handing the drink back to her mum after each drink. 

They never fail to entertain.

That's a legal thing. It's a fucking stupid law but you'd be breaking it to let anyone in with any container that could hold a drink.