Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I cannot stand to watch any more of this pish that’s being served up . 

no excitement on a Saturday at the football anymore .Absolutely none. 

Edited by C_titz

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

I cannot stand to watch any more of this pish that’s being served up . 

no excitement on a Saturday at the football anymore .Absolutely none. 

Nailed it. I used to spend all week looking forward to the forfar game, now I'm completely indifferent to it. when you go into every game knowing it'll be mind numbing it's hard to get excited for it.

1 minute ago, May Rckinnon said:

Nailed it. I used to spend all week looking forward to the forfar game, now I'm completely indifferent to it. when you go into every game knowing it'll be mind numbing it's hard to get excited for it.

These defeats wouldn’t be so bad if we came away from the games talking about missed chances . Cutting the opposition open a few times. There’s absolutely f**k all about that team . Nothing . Boring 

I came back to Station Park, after a few years away, just as Dick got the job.

Goals galore, exciting football, came away from defeats still with a smile on my face, such was the enjoyment of the game.

I also remember the shitfest-not lose at any cost-football Dods brought to Station Park when he was in charge at Brechin and thinking I'd never pay for that.

I don't and won't be back until that utter pish is binned.

Edited by Loonytoons

I did think for a while we were ok and it would get better for some reason. But no. Thinking back and with nothing changing . It’s dire . We need a new manager with different ideas .

even yesterday there wasn’t much between the teams but it even felt as if east fife had just that something else about them, the ability to make a couple of passes or get in behind 

Edited by C_titz

29 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I did think for a while we were ok and it would get better for some reason. But no. Thinking back and with nothing changing . It’s dire . We need a new manager with different ideas .

even yesterday there wasn’t much between the teams but it even felt as if east fife had just that something else about them, the ability to make a couple of passes or get in behind 

Quite funny how when McKinnon came in we turned it around quite quickly with Irvine's squad but once he got his teeth sunk into them it's been downhill ever since.

I've said before, I don't really blame Irvine for that shit show, he clearly gave it 100% & it didn't work out. McKinnon is very clearly not giving it 100% & I've absolutely no time for that. No coincidence that our best performance last season was against Hibs, Raymond would've actually given a shit thinking he could cause an upset in the cup, players looked like there was a gameplan for once. 

1 hour ago, troy said:

If you see Ian Campbells post match interview it sums up what the Forfar supporters are saying.Its on East Fifes Facebook page.

He’s right but that was a “Hard, hard” listen.

Edited by nofixedability

1 hour ago, troy said:

If you see Ian Campbells post match interview it sums up what the Forfar supporters are saying.Its on East Fifes Facebook page.

Not quite as he states Raymond knows what he’s doing and Forfar are a good team. The latter I kinda agree with, we have the potential to be a good team if we played with more purpose than just being ultra defensive.

I believe that the club are not in a comfortable enough financial situation to be sacking the manager but, as was said to me by another supporter today, dropping to the Highland League would likely cost us more in the short term and a lot more in the long term as Brechin have proved that even with investment it’s still a huge ask to get out of.

I went yesterday against my better judgement, I regret the time and petrol wasted and have no intention of travelling again this season unless things improve greatly. I’ll continue to use my season ticket but may consider staying at home on days of poor weather, it’s depressing enough watching just now without getting frozen or soaked.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Andy Munro on, once again, being our top scorer in the league so far 🙈

On 18/08/2024 at 19:44, theSilverFox said:

Not quite as he states Raymond knows what he’s doing and Forfar are a good team. The latter I kinda agree with, we have the potential to be a good team if we played with more purpose than just being ultra defensive.

I believe that the club are not in a comfortable enough financial situation to be sacking the manager but, as was said to me by another supporter today, dropping to the Highland League would likely cost us more in the short term and a lot more in the long term as Brechin have proved that even with investment it’s still a huge ask to get out of.

I went yesterday against my better judgement, I regret the time and petrol wasted and have no intention of travelling again this season unless things improve greatly. I’ll continue to use my season ticket but may consider staying at home on days of poor weather, it’s depressing enough watching just now without getting frozen or soaked.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Andy Munro on, once again, being our top scorer in the league so far 🙈

Pink was unfailingly generous about opponents in his after match interviews when with us. 

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Macallum having a go with the usual suspects I hear, can the club not just buy them a season ticket to Parkhead and do us all a favour!

I know who this is so stop hiding behind a computer screen if you have a problem why not tell us to our face but you probably won’t. Also know it not just us that macallum has had a go at heard from other fans who he also shouted during a game. Why would I want a season ticket at parkhead

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Macallum having a go with the usual suspects I hear, can the club not just buy them a season ticket to Parkhead and do us all a favour!

Marc's normally very difficult to wind up too, I've been trying since our school days.

3 hours ago, Jaw1993 said:

I know who this is so stop hiding behind a computer screen if you have a problem why not tell us to our face but you probably won’t. Also know it not just us that macallum has had a go at heard from other fans who he also shouted during a game. Why would I want a season ticket at parkhead

Of course if any of you knew anything about football you would have had a pop at the defender instead of Marc...but hey ho...what former/present Loon will be the target of vitriol this week?

Edited by tbsouth

Not sure what the guy’s issue with Marc was as he hadn’t made any errors, came across like they were making an issue out of nothing and just wanted to slate him.

Certainly haven’t seen Marc have a go at anyone else.

18 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Not sure what the guy’s issue with Marc was as he hadn’t made any errors, came across like they were making an issue out of nothing and just wanted to slate him.

Certainly haven’t seen Marc have a go at anyone else.

You will be getting a letter sent into the board now....be careful.