Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

Board didn't want to sack Malcolm, didn't want to sack Irvine, and don't want to sack McKinnon. 

More interested in having pals that a winning team.

I'd be surprised if any of them have any pals to be honest

Of course they are behind him, doesn’t work them, defends them to a fault with his bullshit in press. Bar Cannon today not one player was anywhere near good enough today, player should have no say in Ray going. Will stick with describing Board as cowards for not making hard decisions and for not allowing comments on Facebook. 

Just now, nofixedability said:

Of course they are behind him, doesn’t work them, defends them to a fault with his bullshit in press. Bar Cannon today not one player was anywhere near good enough today, player should have no say in Ray going. Will stick with describing Board as cowards for not making hard decisions and for not allowing comments on Facebook. 

The muting of highlights, removing comments & now just not allowing comments is ridiculous. Bunch of folk who like having a title but don't want to actually do anything for the football club.

25 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I The club isn't going to go bankrupt and we could survive financially in the Highland League so that's all that matters to them. 

Give yourself a shake - there is no way the club could survive as it is now in the Highland League, it would be a financial catastrophe.

14 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

The muting of highlights, removing comments & now just not allowing comments is ridiculous. Bunch of folk who like having a title but don't want to actually do anything for the football club.

Yep, it's the duty of the Board to act in the Club's best interest. They are accountable for their actions - or in this case non action - and should be explaining to us if we've got it wrong. They are custodians of the Club's assets, assets that will disappear with a drop to HL. They really need to realise this situation is dire and they'd better pull the finger out. I'd say a statement from the Board is urgently needed. Won't hold my breath, mind.

9 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Give yourself a shake - there is no way the club could survive as it is now in the Highland League, it would be a financial catastrophe.

Going into the Highland League would be a catastrophe and the board should invest or show some passion, but I do think we could pay the bills find 15 or so jobbers and languish in mid table and still throw a golf day and sportsman's dinner.

It's not what I want It's what I think the board are content with.

Just now, Dan Steele said:

Yep, it's the duty of the Board to act in the Club's best interest. They are accountable for their actions - or in this case non action - and should be explaining to us if we've got it wrong. They are custodians of the Club's assets, assets that will disappear with a drop to HL. They really need to realise this situation is dire and they'd better pull the finger out. I'd say a statement from the Board is urgently needed. Won't hold my breath, mind.

If you want a statement from the board it'll be: "We love Ray and stick by him. We are very disappointed in the unhappy comments we have received from social media and so will not be allowing fan interactions from now on until everybody loves Ray as much as us."

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

If you want a statement from the board it'll be: "We love Ray and stick by him. We are very disappointed in the unhappy comments we have received from social media and so will not be allowing fan interactions from now on until everybody loves Ray as much as us."

😂

4 minutes ago, C_titz said:

The club are quick enough to criticise supporters misbehaving and rightly so. Why can’t supporters have their say on what the board are in charge of ???

Because we are scum and should know our place as nothing more than the ability to pay their liabilities.

I have heard that board members don't like Bonnyrigg or Spartans as they don't get as well watered as they used to at Brechin or Berwick. I bet the Highland League clubs will put on a spread to please our board. Steak pie and a dram more important than the result

34 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Groundsman/kitman now popping up in the comments on FB. Banter.

Sending out the cannon fodder puppet so the generals can hold back as he draws the fans ire or unites them. 

Narrative will be changed from one of the worst performances in living memory followed up with an ham fisted attempt to silence the plebs from commenting to poor us we’re the victims. 

No wonder there are less and less on the terraces every week.

Edited by nofixedability

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Sending out the cannon fodder puppet so the generals can hold back as he draws the fans ire or unites them. 

Narrative will be changed from one of the worst performances in living memory followed up with an ham fisted attempt to silence the plebs from commenting to poor us we’re the victims. 

No wonder there are less and less on the terraces every week.

I'm expecting a statement on Monday to rival the great Irvine endorsement.

Edited by May Rckinnon