Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

It's not about this one particular statement. People are fed up with Match Reports going AWOL because the board don't want to get their feelings hurt.

We don't get post match interviews unless it's a rare occasion that we win. 

A statement explaining why he's not been relieved of his duties is preferable over the radio silence. 

Have to agree there mate, it's very childish and a kick in the teeth to the fans. 

Was talking to my mate at half-time on Saturday when Skelly came on.

He must be up there with having the worst record in the country for a striker, minutes to goals ratio must be embarrising.

Yet he's still getting game time, why? How many has he actually scored for us?

I've had a couple of days to think about it now, and I'm going to go back on what I said on Saturday, I will go back even with McKinnon in charge.

And I'll do something I've never done before, and will be shouting for his head along with everyone else. 

I'm not letting this clown make me turn my back on the club I've supported since boyhood. I'll still be there when he's long gone.

15 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Was talking to my mate at half-time on Saturday when Skelly came on.

He must be up there with having the worst record in the country for a striker, minutes to goals ratio must be embarrising.

Yet he's still getting game time, why? How many has he actually scored for us?

I've had a couple of days to think about it now, and I'm going to go back on what I said on Saturday, I will go back even with McKinnon in charge.

And I'll do something I've never done before, and will be shouting for his head along with everyone else. 

I'm not letting this clown make me turn my back on the club I've supported since boyhood. I'll still be there when he's long gone.

Was his last goal really Dumbarton away in December last year? On Transfermarkt he has scored 5 in 43 games which is 0.12 goals per game. Two of the goals were in last seasons League Cup. Thought he started well for us but has went downhill drastically. When he joined us he looked fitter than he does now and he goes beetroot within 5 minutes of running about.

I really hope the crowd make their opinions known, I was planning on going but forgot I had other plans which I am rather gutted about. I really hope everyone leaves Ray in no doubt that he has to walk away, although it is rather worrying to think what that may take for him to do so. The board obviously can't afford to get rid of him hence the silence from them

5 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Was his last goal really Dumbarton away in December last year? On Transfermarkt he has scored 5 in 43 games which is 0.12 goals per game. Two of the goals were in last seasons League Cup. Thought he started well for us but has went downhill drastically. When he joined us he looked fitter than he does now and he goes beetroot within 5 minutes of running about.

I really hope the crowd make their opinions known, I was planning on going but forgot I had other plans which I am rather gutted about. I really hope everyone leaves Ray in no doubt that he has to walk away, although it is rather worrying to think what that may take for him to do so. The board obviously can't afford to get rid of him hence the silence from them

Like I said, embarrising mate. Yeah that's what I thought, minus the LC goals he has scored 3!

I don't think he's ever looked fit to be honest and along with a few other players, looks overweight.

Something else pointing to Ray not giving a f**k, players getting away with not being fit, any decent manager would make sure your players are fit, from what I've heard from someone watching a few sessions, training looks very laid back with players going through the motions.

I will certainly be making sure my feelings are heard on Saturday and will deliberately be going behind the dug-out to let him know exactly how I feel.

I think there is absolutely zero chance of him walking away, he will be there until he is let go unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Like I said, embarrising mate. Yeah that's what I thought, minus the LC goals he has scored 3!

I don't think he's ever looked fit to be honest and along with a few other players, looks overweight.

Something else pointing to Ray not giving a f**k, players getting away with not being fit, any decent manager would make sure your players are fit, from what I've heard from someone watching a few sessions, training looks very laid back with players going through the motions.

I will certainly be making sure my feelings are heard on Saturday and will deliberately be going behind the dug-out to let him know exactly how I feel.

I think there is absolutely zero chance of him walking away, he will be there until he is let go unfortunately.

Yeah it is a shocking record!

I thought he looked in better shape when he first signed but that's maybe down to the coaching staff at Broughty and nothing to do with McKinnon.

I have heard the same for a long time to be honest. The players also never have a game plan, the team is selected and they are left to do as they please. 

Good on you mate, I hope there are many with the same plan as yourself! 

Yeah sadly it does look like that will be the case, this could drag out for a long time.

12 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Latest post from the club points out it was a 'bitterly disappointing afternoon'.

That's it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Irvine was sacked for less.

Just seen that there, just reeks of ignorance to be honest. 

Very worrying

17 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Latest post from the club points out it was a 'bitterly disappointing afternoon'.

That's it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Irvine was sacked for less.

Sneaking head above parapets, testing water ready to run and hide at first sign of anyone questioning the Board.

3 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Yeah it is a shocking record!

I thought he looked in better shape when he first signed but that's maybe down to the coaching staff at Broughty and nothing to do with McKinnon.

I have heard the same for a long time to be honest. The players also never have a game plan, the team is selected and they are left to do as they please. 

Good on you mate, I hope there are many with the same plan as yourself! 

Yeah sadly it does look like that will be the case, this could drag out for a long time.

Yes, scary to think junior teams might have a better fitness/training plan than we do, but in saying that I honestly don't think we are any better than the top junior sides right now.

Have heard that also, and it looks like it is true watching the team on a Saturday.

14 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Yes, scary to think junior teams might have a better fitness/training plan than we do, but in saying that I honestly don't think we are any better than the top junior sides right now.

Have heard that also, and it looks like it is true watching the team on a Saturday.

No might about it mate, many of them will such at the top ones like you said.

It is very true, there are a number of things that make.me think we aren't coached very well. When we defend corners we have nobody up top, no out ball at all. We allow the opposition to get everyone back and then Marc can kick it long back to them. 

The long throws this season are doing my head in already. I could imagine Ray thinking that would win him the league! 

Could go on and on

16 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That's all well and good if that decision has been made, but seriously what kind of statement would you think appropriate if they decided "not to part company"?

"We understand that performances on the park have been unacceptable, and in discussions with the management team since Saturday afternoon it is obvious to all involved that there needs to be a marked improvement in results in the near future. We would also like to apologise for the decision to restrict comments on the social media posts on Saturday, this decision will not be repeated."

9 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

They are referencing our performances in the League Cup on latest preview, thought I head barrel scraping sounds from up that way earlier.

'Rest assured'. Are they having a laugh? cowards, every single on of them.

15 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

'Rest assured'. Are they having a laugh? cowards, every single on of them.

How could anyone rest assured having witnessed the garbage of the last 18 months or even the horror show that has been our League performances so far?

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

How could anyone rest assured having witnessed the garbage of the last 18 months or even the horror show that has been our League performances so far?

A win on Saturday will be seen as problem solved. I'll certainly be letting Raymond know how I feel at kick off. We could win 5-0, won't change how I feel.

17 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

A win on Saturday will be seen as problem solved. I'll certainly be letting Raymond know how I feel at kick off. We could win 5-0, won't change how I feel.

A win would be an Elastoplast over a decapitation.

Genuinely never thought I'd ever consider this but I genuinely would rather we lose the next couple games even worse than last Saturday if it means it's enough to get him gone.

It's getting to the point now where if any player tries to still speak about how they enjoy playing for him, you have to seriously question the professionalism and attitude for a footballer that enjoys playing shite turgid hit and hope football while getting beat almost every week, especially when more and more supporters are vocalising to them how shite it is to watch.

I feel like in the 16 or so years I've been going to games pre McKinnon I would think there was maybe only a handful of times I can remember the team being booed off the pitch, then in the last year its felt like its happened almost every other game, speaks volumes about how the general mood at station park has declined in that time.