Newtown Park Nostalga

4everblue

Today sees the last ever game on the hallowed grass at Newtown Park Bo'ness,this thread is not about opinions,it's about your memories,not only from BU fans,but everyone who has seen games there,my own favourite is from Dec 28,2013,my birthday,when Bo'ness ended the unbeaten league run of Linlithgow in style,4-1,over to you BU fans and opposing fans

I made my last playing appearance on the feckin bench gathering nails in my arse at Newtown.
Saw Simon Murray tormenting big Hunter a few years ago. As a rare visitor as a player or neutral fan it's a great place.

34 minutes ago, John S said:

Many great memories make it hard to single one out. In recent times though, the Scottish Cup game against Queens Park. Sunny day, big crowd, great result.

Good game, a pic from that day......

EDIT: there will be when I find it.....

A lot of old memories but certainly the Queen's Park and Elgin City in recent times gets the hairs on the back of neck to attention.

A Hamish Simpson 30 yard screamer but my memory of that one is in black and white so don't remember the opposition. 

Timely to also remember some real Bo'ness men sadly no longer with us.

Tiger Mitchell - when the Newtown Arms was a real pub.

Geordie Simpson an absolute gentleman.

Last but not least Dougie Sneddon - they don't make people like this anymore.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Two nil down, 5 minutes to go.

3 goals and another league title wrapped up for Linlithgow Rose.

Oh how sweet a victory....!!!

A get reminded off the game daily by a certain person 

I remember as a boy my father took me to Bo’ness to see them play Ashfield. There was a huge crowd Bo’ness lost 1-0, Alex Scott (Rangers and Everton) played for Bo’ness that day.

Archived